BEST SUB-500$ DAP (Digital Audio Player)-Reviews, Impressions, Reference List
Jul 11, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #106 of 144
And Pioneer xdp-02u. Is it a good option for 250€?
If the dual ess9018C2M dac sound as good as dual ess9018K2M of Ibasso DX90, well, it sure is! Balanced out should be powerfull and clean too....in fact, i didnt even know this player. Now im curious! Thanks for sharing you find!

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #107 of 144
I've read through this whole thread but no one really talks about if there is a way to have an all wireless setup - DAP or DAC/AMP that can simultaneously connect wirelessly between a smartphone and IEM (with Bluetooth set)?

I'm really new to the game. So I expect to get crucified if this is something very basic to know.
Just bought my first IEM, BGVP DM6 a couple of months ago. Looking for a sub $500 DAP or a DAC/AMP as my next step.

I've asked FiiO support about this and they say No.
Also searched quite a bit in this forum and YouTube, but no luck either.

Would appreciate it very much if anyone has insights to this!

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #108 of 144
I've read through this whole thread but no one really talks about if there is a way to have an all wireless setup - DAP or DAC/AMP that can simultaneously connect wirelessly between a smartphone and IEM (with Bluetooth set)?

I'm really new to the game. So I expect to get crucified if this is something very basic to know.
Just bought my first IEM, BGVP DM6 a couple of months ago. Looking for a sub $500 DAP or a DAC/AMP as my next step.

I've asked FiiO support about this and they say No.
Also searched quite a bit in this forum and YouTube, but no luck either.

Would appreciate it very much if anyone has insights to this!

I would urgely suggest you to get the RADSONE ES100 on DROP right now. Its 80$ and sound crazy good for the price, especially balanced way. Its a very small portable bluetooth dac-amp. Hype is very true about this little marvel. It have dual AK dac in it.

But if you search for a DAP that have same features...its another quest....but i think it exist. Pretty much all DAP can sent bluetooth nowadays, they can be plug as dac-amp for phone too, or have wifi and use smartphone apps...

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #109 of 144
Jul 23, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #112 of 144
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but ... I have a Pioneer XDP-300r I'm happy with and I'm desperately fighting the urge to buy the Fiioo M11. Someone please talk me out of it...
You do not need another dap, repeat this with me. I do not need another dap.

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #114 of 144
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but ... I have a Pioneer XDP-300r I'm happy with and I'm desperately fighting the urge to buy the Fiioo M11. Someone please talk me out of it...
Have you watched Zeo's review of the M11? If you haven't, don't. Complete waste of time. However, he does make some comparisons with your current dap. The only thing I got from it was that the M11 is a faster overall experience. He said absolutely nothing about the sound of either player. Imagine that.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #115 of 144
I would urgely suggest you to get the RADSONE ES100 on DROP right now. Its 80$ and sound crazy good for the price, especially balanced way. Its a very small portable bluetooth dac-amp. Hype is very true about this little marvel. It have dual AK dac in it.

But if you search for a DAP that have same features...its another quest....but i think it exist. Pretty much all DAP can sent bluetooth nowadays, they can be plug as dac-amp for phone too, or have wifi and use smartphone apps...

Unfortunately, I missed it. I'm looking for a DAC/AMP that connects via BT to a pair of BT IEMs. While plugged to my phone via cable (USB?)

Or would that not make sense because the BT set plugged to the IEM is the bottleneck, no matter what DAC/AMP you use?

For context, I have the MEE Audio BTX2 plugged to BGVP DM6.
Is the BTX2 the bottleneck here?

I'm quite an active guy and on the go a lot.
So having a traditional audio cable connected between the IEM and DAP or BT DAC/AMP adapter is not something I can consider.

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #116 of 144
Unfortunately, I missed it. I'm looking for a DAC/AMP that connects via BT to a pair of BT IEMs. While plugged to my phone via cable (USB?)

Or would that not make sense because the BT set plugged to the IEM is the bottleneck, no matter what DAC/AMP you use?

So having a traditional audio cable connected between the IEM and DAP or BT DAC/AMP adapter is not something I can consider.

Is there a reason you can't go bluetooth directly from your phone?

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #117 of 144

Sorry im a little confuse...did you phone can send bluetooth? If so, their no need of bluetooth dac-amp sending bluetooth as it will not improve sound quality. In this case you will need a better bluetooth earphones that have a dac in it, or can use latest BT tech like Ldac to play flac. Bluetooth have its limit but its better than some years ago, it cant play DSD but flac became possible.

perhaps a Bluetooth mmxc or 2pin cable can be another solution if you have other cabled iem.

Radsone is very small tough, and can be clipped on your short while your on the go with your phone in your pocket as music source.

EDIT: okay you already have bluetooth cable. so yeah, it would not make sens and you ahve the bottleneck....hum, is t APTX HD? if not, ldac or HD is better than standard aptx....if you play flac, for mp3 i dont think it really matter.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #120 of 144
A crazy DAP from ZISHAN just lauch, its call the Zishan T1 and sell for about 80-100$. I think its first DAP with CHANGEABLE DAC MODULES. Stock dac is very promising with its Dual AK4493eq. As its very new, we do not have lot of info about other dac, it should use single or dual AK4497. As well, there changeable OPamp filter. Touch screen. 2.5mm and 3.5mm output.

Zishan aren't for those wanting a sexy looking DAP, its more about the one that can deal with primitive UI for the sake of excellent sound at supreme value price.

Will order it ASAP and share impressions. This really looklike something special!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back