CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 14, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #14,191 of 31,833
Where did you guys get this C631? Amazon?

From my googling, it seems that they available as wholesale from Shenzen Estron at Alibaba. If it's that good, why it's hard to find its retailer? Probably we can ask our friend Jim to rebrand them?
we got the 631 on amazon, where they were $15 for a nanosecond--like you note, they now seem to be sold in wholesale lots for $29 or so, which is still very good value for these. i'm assuming that since they exist somewhere they'll make their way back into the marketplace, and asking jim seems like a good idea

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #14,192 of 31,833
Those are strong words Pardner but I strongly agree. I too am having a love affair with my c631. Just something about the Resolution and The openess that just draws you in. Too bad more folks don't have them and yes on the Chifi sites they are expensive but.....If The opportunity comes up to get another pair under 30 bucks I'm jumping on it....I paid 14.99 on Amazon...we wont see that again I bet.

I was lucky enough to get a backup set, but I had to buy it from another member. I had to pay more than the Amazon price, and they were technically "used". But I like them that much (not the color, but it grows on you after a while).

Where did you guys get this C631? Amazon?

From my googling, it seems that they available as wholesale from Shenzen Estron at Alibaba. If it's that good, why it's hard to find its retailer? Probably we can ask our friend Jim to rebrand them?

we got the 631 on amazon, where they were $15 for a nanosecond--like you note, they now seem to be sold in wholesale lots for $29 or so, which is still very good value for these. i'm assuming that since they exist somewhere they'll make their way back into the marketplace, and asking jim seems like a good idea

They were actually on Amazon for $15 for quite some time (at least 6 months, because they were in my Amazon shopping cart as "save for later" for quite some time. A small handful of people asked about them (anyone see these, anyone try these, are these any good). Then 1 person tried them and raved about them, so I went ahead and added them back into my next Amazon order since I liked the C630 so much.

When I 1st receive it, it was OK. But then I tinkered with modding it and WOW was it better after 1. peeling off the black filter on the nozzle screen AND 2. popping off the rear grille mesh that covers the rear vent.

I immediately went back to Amazon to order another one, and they were out of stock. I sent the seller a message asking when they were going to be restocked and he said he was no longer carrying them. I think the seller originally only had maybe 5 pair. They were likely sitting around unsold, and finally got tired of watching them gather dust so they dropped the price to $15 to get rid of them below cost. And once they were gone, they were gone (at least the $15 ones from that seller).

I really wish someone would get these in bulk and make them easier to obtain (maybe Penon or JimHCK). However, they would have to be sold at a more realistic $35-$40 price (not the $60-$70 a few sellers ask). Keep in mind that if someone stocked them (rebranding them or whatever), they may not get the greatest reception in stock form. IMO they would need to be pre-modified (removal of the nozzle filter and rear grille) to get a positive reception and "good reviews".

It really makes me wonder about that red plastic "ZSE" triple driver (with the stainless rear cover) that is Estron's current flagship. It's pretty expensive (~$70), but like the other Estron IEMs (C630, C631, etc) it could theoretically punch way above it's price point. I'm just not willing to be the guinea pig on that one...

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #14,193 of 31,833
My Fukushima Bag is shipped! I thought they were some kind of a pre-order, but it seems the IEM was already produced.

The price of the lucky bag went up to 27$ after 11.11, so these IEMs might be something real nice. Normally I'm quite pessimistic about these kind of things but somehow I do have a good feeling about this.
I hope your Fukushima bag is not full of nuclear waste!

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #14,194 of 31,833
Wow I had the chance to buy the 631 but went with the KZ ED16 instead, sad...

Nov 14, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #14,195 of 31,833
Well, I almost got away without buying anything this 11.11... then, I bought the $10 Fukubukuro from NiceHCK. Curiosity got the best of me. If it looks like I won't like, it'll go in someone's stocking this year. lol

Nov 14, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #14,196 of 31,833
Wow I had the chance to buy the 631 but went with the KZ ED16 instead, sad...

I do not have a 631. I do have an ED16 which is one of my favorites. Not sad at all.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #14,197 of 31,833
I was lucky enough to get a backup set, but I had to buy it from another member. I had to pay more than the Amazon price, and they were technically "used". But I like them that much (not the color, but it grows on you after a while).

They were actually on Amazon for $15 for quite some time (at least 6 months, because they were in my Amazon shopping cart as "save for later" for quite some time. A small handful of people asked about them (anyone see these, anyone try these, are these any good). Then 1 person tried them and raved about them, so I went ahead and added them back into my next Amazon order since I liked the C630 so much.

When I 1st receive it, it was OK. But then I tinkered with modding it and WOW was it better after 1. peeling off the black filter on the nozzle screen AND 2. popping off the rear grille mesh that covers the rear vent.

I immediately went back to Amazon to order another one, and they were out of stock. I sent the seller a message asking when they were going to be restocked and he said he was no longer carrying them. I think the seller originally only had maybe 5 pair. They were likely sitting around unsold, and finally got tired of watching them gather dust so they dropped the price to $15 to get rid of them below cost. And once they were gone, they were gone (at least the $15 ones from that seller).

I really wish someone would get these in bulk and make them easier to obtain (maybe Penon or JimHCK). However, they would have to be sold at a more realistic $35-$40 price (not the $60-$70 a few sellers ask). Keep in mind that if someone stocked them (rebranding them or whatever), they may not get the greatest reception in stock form. IMO they would need to be pre-modified (removal of the nozzle filter and rear grille) to get a positive reception and "good reviews".

It really makes me wonder about that red plastic "ZSE" triple driver (with the stainless rear cover) that is Estron's current flagship. It's pretty expensive (~$70), but like the other Estron IEMs (C630, C631, etc) it could theoretically punch way above it's price point. I'm just not willing to be the guinea pig on that one...

LOL, reminds me long time ago when I got ATE 2nd gen and modded it (basically same way You did @ C631). After modding it immediately bought more ATE`s.
And over time my skills and mods got better + ATE revisions came. For me modded ATE 5th gen is real gold piece for crazy low price.
But... after getting IT01. Don`t care so much about them. I still have them and occasionally use them with laptop of phone but bar is raised so high now for me with modded gear that I doubt any modded chi-fi will be able to reach same level. Honestly, at that price tag C631 is currently going, I`d rather get something with nicer build&looks quality, ergonomics, removable cable and such... and maybe mod those. I believe You @ C631... but ...ya know what I mean :wink:

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #14,198 of 31,833
I would have owned one of that elusive C631 had amazon delivered my package...

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #14,199 of 31,833
Nov 14, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #14,201 of 31,833
i wonder if all the Fu ku buk uro are all the same or they are grab bag.....

Well, I bought 4 of them, so I will let you know. I think last time it was all the same product.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #14,202 of 31,833
Well, I bought 4 of them, so I will let you know. I think last time it was all the same product.

There are clues on the page as to what it will be... should be all the same except for the color or, if you ordered one with a mic or not. It even compares it to a more expensive iem that you can find reviews on.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #14,203 of 31,833
Nov 14, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #14,204 of 31,833
Because all Estron products are available as rebrands. By the way, EMI still offers the C631 on AliExpress for $45.

I doubt that NiceHCK can help. These earphones are pricey in China:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=569992430889&sku_properties=5919063:6536025
https://product.suning.com/0070067480/824107774.html

I wonder what that c631 was selling for during 11.11? If it was in the mid to low 30s, it would have been a great buy IMO. $45 is still a bit steep IMO, given the polarizing looks, non-removable cable, etc.

BTW, anyone who is looking for a bargain, the HiFi Walker A7 is still available on Amazon for $20. I’ve been listening to it all evening, and it is a bargain for that price.

- Comfortable to wear
- Braided MMCX cable
- Super nice carry case
- Great sound

Don’t sweat missing out on the c631 folks. There are loads and loads of other good ChiFi out there! We have no shortage of solid options in every price range :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back