CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 26, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #9,753 of 31,832
Oh boy, just received a message from Aliexpress about a package at my post office, I think it's my BGVP DN1!!!!! :beyersmile:

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #9,755 of 31,832
So how ? T2 kym
Soundwise really outstanding. Clarity, details, imaging, mids, u throw them anything, they handle it easily.

Bass is on the leaner side, but not skinny type, its lean fit type which is good for me. Think u might enjoy a fuller bass though.

But..... One thing that is not working out for me is the fit. Wearing it over ear with L starline tip is the way to go for me. Even so, the isolation is bad as the design of T2 (tinaudio) with 2 vents makes it a semi open earphone. If i try to block off the vent at the back, the sound just become cui (horrible).

I think the beauty of the T2 sound unfortunately is killed by the isolation, but if u can use it in a quiet environment then i think its crazy good.

PS: i only use IEM on commute so i dont know how the T2 fits in my arsenal. Been trying to use it at home but earbuds fits home setting and sound so much better in the quiet environment.

TLDR: Crazy good sound but isolation kills everything IMO. At quieter places, cheaper earbuds deliver better sound. Personal preference though.

Anw ps bro, i highlight those to facilitate other users reading∼

Apr 26, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #9,756 of 31,832
That's low man - stealing someone's ZS6 (or anything). Karma will catch up with them friend :)

Like this

barbell.jpg

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #9,757 of 31,832
Need your comparison with bgvp ds1 v1 if they ever arrive :L3000:

I'll try to do that comparision when Mine arrive as well. As the the T2 is my Benchmark for neutrality.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #9,758 of 31,832
TRN V20 is one of my choices. Have you tried the BGVP SGZ DN1? Would the V20s be better than these?

I never heare both of them, but the bgvp Also have their fans. Search for reviews for nocehck Bro. They are the same. Trn is still cheaper and with a nicer cable.

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #9,765 of 31,832
Yes it's a night and day difference when you tape over the hole. I recently got my T2 and was very underwhelmed by the sound initially. Very anaemic/thin sounding due to the complete lack of bass. Though sub bass was there, just nothing above it. Made for a very unsatisfying and unbalanced listen. I'm not a basshead by any means but putting some micropore tape over the hole made an enormous difference. They really do sound great now. If I hadn't read up on the T2 after buying them and seeing the talk about the bass mod then I'd've probably put them away in a draw and never used them again. Quite why they're tuned to be so anaemic I don't know.

Holy moly, I guess I never realized how bass light the Tin Audio T2 is.

This is the 1st time I've seen a FR graph. And yes, I understand FR doesn't tell the whole story. But they can still give an idea of what to expect (at least with regards to the actual sound, not other characteristics).

I assume the bass is the reason why a lot of people recommend the mods to the bass port (blue tac, micropore, etc)?

I know they have good mids, and people seem to rave about them in general. But I'm kinda glad I didn't jump on the T2 hype train.

Unless I'm missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back