CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 26, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #9,736 of 31,833
i traded the tennmak pro for the piano awhile ago and mildly preferred the piano, which had better-controlled bass, though i thought the dulcimer was better than either. i do observe that tennmak seems to have cooled off in these parts as newer brands garner the buzz
They did came out with the Tennmak Trio recently with interchangeable filters but didnt garnered enough steam. I am a huge fan of theirs but yeah, they dont seem to want to take a bite off the earpiece market :s

Apr 26, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #9,737 of 31,833
@TLDRonin

Saitama vs escanor(seven deadly sins, in the one minute to showdown mode).

LoL

By the way, best iem under 50$

Start recommending guys

Let's see which iem wins the contest.

*well everybody knows that TinAudio will win*

@Tinaudio

But still, let's poll

And do tell why you like the IEM, small and crisp short review.

This will help new guys to not read lengthy forum chats...

Well, whoever wanna make IEM, I am open to them, tell them science, crossovers etc.

I am working on something like a better ADEL and HDSS combined.

I am open to sending iem and headphone designs.

But then you guys have to decide where to get the materials

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #9,738 of 31,833
Can someone please suggest me a chinese IEM under 20$ for regular use such as movies and music? Somebody at gym stole my ZS6. I'd like something without any sibilance. ZS6 used to sound harsh to me. Detachable cable would be a plus.

I've never heard. But the trn v20 has'nt received a single negative impression so far. It's cheaper than KZ, and with a much better stock cable. A solid bet.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #9,739 of 31,833
I've used TinAudio T2 actively for a few months now and they have remained a very nice purchase for sure. I usually discard most of my IEMs quickly because the flaws that I notice build up over time and while this is true for T2 as well, it held up.
They are pushing a bit against my limit to tolerate dry sound against musicality, this is obviously just my preference and not a flaw. Despite this, I'd take T2 over Sony MH1 or Auglamour RT-1 for example which are on the opposite side of things.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #9,741 of 31,833
Easy to wear, fit is good, isolation is really great.

Bass response is fast, mids are good. The trebles are pretty mild for my liking (coming from TA T2 and 4in1). Pretty V shaped but more emphasis on the lower ends imo

But to get it with the 6 pairs whirlwind tips that is @Slater approved, and its only like 10bucks (minus off 5 bucks for the tips, ITS ONLY LIKE 5 BUCKS!!!???!?!?!?! PS: Without MMCX cables though), i must say the $ to performance value is INSANE. They are better than my WKZ Pro W1 for sure.

From my memory, it is better than the KZ ATE and ATR fit wise, and probably soundwise (no good fit for me with those, and i also didnt had an arsenal of tips to do tip rolling then. I can only say if i had some KZ starlines back then, they will probably sound good)

It beats the T2 in bass and isolation, sub-bass, but its not the nicest bass i have heard.

TLDR: Silly at the price point if u already have a MMCX cable, need a good workout or commute earphone. Isolation after changing tips is sweeeeeet~

Tried to this performance and not piercing like the 4in1 > Tinaudio T2 > Tennmak Piano xD i dont understand the language but this performance has so much feel

So how ? T2 kym

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #9,742 of 31,833
293A9101-6CC0-4977-B23C-165A8E10AEDB.jpeg F852A7D2-6FF0-42DE-8804-5D791B9DAC33.jpeg D4459569-CB57-43DA-B94C-9C52695C476B.jpeg Finally received my Tin Audio T2 after the Ali sale last month. MAN, WERE THEY WORTH THE WAIT!

I love them fresh out of the box. There’s a great balance between bass and clarity and for the third time in two years I hear new details in the same music due to a pair of Chi-Fi IEM’s (after KZ ATE Jan 2017, KZ ZSR Jan 18).

I’m gonna enjoy some more. :)

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #9,743 of 31,833
Finally received my Tin Audio T2 after the Ali sale last month. MAN, WERE THEY WORTH THE WAIT!

I love them fresh out of the box. There’s a great balance between bass and clarity and for the third time in two years I hear new details in the same music due to a pair of Chi-Fi IEM’s (after KZ ATE Jan 2017, KZ ZSR Jan 18).

Need your comparison with bgvp ds1 v1 if they ever arrive :L3000:

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #9,744 of 31,833
Someone with a Rose North Forest can compare them with a Memt X5 ( second version, with bigger nozzle ) ?
As the Memt already have a huge-deep bass, i want to understand what qualities those Rose have over them, before pull the trigger.

CE14F1E7-19B4-420B-8CC2-9C65C83370DC.jpeg

Not sure if I have same memt version as yours but using tennmark whirlwinds on both, the bass on the rose is quite massive with more sub-bass. Sound profile is similar with wider soundstage and more clarity so it might be a good upgrade for you.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #9,745 of 31,833
My votes
without amplification for me its the TIN Audio T2
With any of my amps the two that stood out when I turned up the power are the Yersen FEN 2000 and TY HI-Z 150Pro
for comfort + sound iys the DZAT DF10 becuase they are so light just boomy.
I have been auditioning all my recent purchases to decide which ones will accompany me on a business trip next week with a couple of 5-6 hour flights
I haven't received my Rose North Forest or KZ ZS10 yet

And although way out of this price range I still love my Zens with amplification.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #9,746 of 31,833
Finally received my Tin Audio T2 after the Ali sale last month. MAN, WERE THEY WORTH THE WAIT!

Bass? :thinking:

Edit: did some tip rolling after reading that, the foam tips completely killed the bass for me. Sounds great with the wide bore mediums that came with it.

edit 2: threw the foam tips that came with t2 on zs10, i honestly think zs10s need foam to get past the awkward fit, much better. bass seems better because I actually got a great seal now, definitely sounds better to me in general(already liked them) than the tips it came with. im sure a lot has to do with fit. i think foams are very effected by shape of iem and intended fit, pretty sure the opening was being compressed with t2(which to me are very easy to find a good fit with silicon) definitely not the case here.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #9,747 of 31,833
Can someone please suggest me a chinese IEM under 20$ for regular use such as movies and music? Somebody at gym stole my ZS6. I'd like something without any sibilance. ZS6 used to sound harsh to me. Detachable cable would be a plus.

That's low man - stealing someone's ZS6 (or anything). Karma will catch up with them friend :)

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #9,748 of 31,833
i recognized that my vjjb k4s sound way better and louder while pressing the button on the microphone.
Anyone else noticed that?
Now i glued.

Wow, interesting observation! I'll have to try that myself and report.

Is the difference only in the side with the mic, or is the sound difference in both sides?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back