CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 27, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #9,781 of 31,833
Well, we will try and catch up to you...
NiceHCK bro
TinAudio T2
Rose North Forest
IBasso it01 etc

Thanks for your recommendations. You see, I don't like TinAudio T2 because it is uncomfortable for my ears. And I don't want to buy Rose NF because of its shape. It looks almost like Memt X9. I'd like to get some inexpensive sound which is more clear than budget DD and more natural than BA can provide. So ceramic driver sounds attractive for me. And 13 mm driver size in IEM should be great for scene and power.

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #9,782 of 31,833
The crazy moment when you've sold your desktop setup and you have to buy some in-ear to pair you lg v30... :laughing:HYPED FROM ANYTHING! :laughing:
I will wait another big brainwavz sale to buy the b400 ( or the next one ), so right now I am about to buy some dynamic in ear, suggestion?
Was gonna buy a pair of Tin T2 as suggested from B9 Scrambler but Aliexpress says that I will have to wait more than a month....:dizzy_face:
Budget lower than 100$, got some big expenses in the last days so if it's around 50 bucks is better!

Apr 28, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #9,785 of 31,833
The crazy moment when you've sold your desktop setup and you have to buy some in-ear to pair you lg v30... :laughing:HYPED FROM ANYTHING! :laughing:
I will wait another big brainwavz sale to buy the b400 ( or the next one ), so right now I am about to buy some dynamic in ear, suggestion?
Was gonna buy a pair of Tin T2 as suggested from B9 Scrambler but Aliexpress says that I will have to wait more than a month....:dizzy_face:
Budget lower than 100$, got some big expenses in the last days so if it's around 50 bucks is better!

The Tennmak Crazy Cello is a single dynamic driver IEM, and costs $48 (without Mic/Controls).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ten...phone-High-Quality-Ensurance/32755873753.html

Apr 28, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #9,786 of 31,833
Received the Rose Forest North... So first impressions...They are small but unfortunately not a good fit for me... Trying different tips...Cable is ok .. They are bassy but no boomy... Mids are forward, that i like, vocals ok... Highs are just ok.... Clarity is good... Soundstage is below average ... Have the feeling am in small deep long room.. All in all nothing wow for me... At $15 as initially advertised on their Instagram post would have been ok but at $25 not really ... 20180428_120006.jpg Screenshot_2018-04-28-12-41-57.png

Attachments

• 20180428_120006.jpg
    20180428_120006.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #9,788 of 31,833
I can recommend the Tennmak Cello in the 50.00 range. I also highly recommend the Toneking nine tail at the 100.00 range too, if you're willing to spend the extra money. They both are great performers for their cost.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #9,789 of 31,833
Which would be the best chi-fi iem in the $40-$70 range? Any recommendations?
Best is subjective, but my personal favorites in this price range are the Tennmak Cello (50.00), the Magaosi BK50 (40.00), and the Bosshifi B3 (30-40).
All 3 have nice comfort and good sound quality and are well worth their price, in my opinion.

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #9,790 of 31,833
Received the Rose Forest North... So first impressions...They are small but unfortunately not a good fit for me... Trying different tips...Cable is ok .. They are bassy but no boomy... Mids are forward, that i like, vocals ok... Highs are just ok.... Clarity is good... Soundstage is below average ... Have the feeling am in small deep long room.. All in all nothing wow for me... At $15 as initially advertised on their Instagram post would have been ok but at $25 not really ...

Were you using the double flange? I recall someone saying it was a lot better with large bore single tips (tenmark whirlwind for example).
I'm still waiting to receive them and I agree with you that soundstage is capital. Not too sure what people mean by the term "holographic" which has been used for the Rose North Forest

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #9,791 of 31,833
Would you audio sages and gurus consider letting this $16 angel sing to your ears: IAXSEE SD-08

I will try them. They are on Amazon UK.

These IAXSEE SD-08 arrived this afternoon. They were packaged inside a nice box but I think it had been opened and returned because there was no cellophane around it and there were no extra tips. Only the medium that were already on it. Probably should not have put them in my ears but they did not look used. They were not comfortable anyway. I tried my trusty Starlines and my Tennmak Whirlwind but neither of those gave a good fit or sound.

I was just about to pack them up and request a return (tired of Amazon sometimes sending something as new when it is open box) but first I looked in my spare tip storage container and tried some tips from that (no idea where they came from). They fit comfortably! Started testing a few tracks including some that did not sound good with any of the other tips...perfect!

Now they sound like you were describing. Forgot about testing tracks and just let the album play. At the moment they are hooked up to the dac/amp that is connected to my PC. I will leave them here to burn in a bit then use them with my Cayin N3 later.

I will take a picture later showing the tips I used. Right now they are in my ears. Fleetwood Mac Tusk... sounding great. Tips make such huge difference that I am not surprised that people disagree so much about various iems. I am lucky that the stock tips on most work well for me.

@GrassFed do the tips that came with yours have black around the opening like in this photo? Mine are grey. Just thinking that whoever took the spares from the box actually took all three sizes and left something else on them.

718C6q5KhFL._SL1500_.jpg

Not sure I want to compare them to my iBasso or anything else. I hate doing that. My ears are already a bit irritated from taking so many tips in and out. If I do that too much then I am unable to use iems for a couple of days. Not that that would be major problem... I do have headphones and buds.

My QKZ VK1 also arrived today. They look beautiful and the cable is nice but I have not tried them yet. I am hesitant to put the cable on myself. I might have to wait until my husband gets home Monday...unless I get brave... I did manage to put the cable on my TRN V20 so maybe...

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #9,793 of 31,833
Lots of recent arrivals. How many iems do you have?

all but the most recent are in my profile list... you can count them for me:) Edit: I think everything is in the list now.

My husband has more... more iems... more headphones... more buds than I do. Our house will explode one day.

ZS10 are on the way (red)

I will stop after KZ puts out that purple one...

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #9,794 of 31,833
all but the most recent are in my profile list... you can count them for me:)

My husband has more... more iems... more headphones... more buds than I do. Our house will explode one day.

ZS10 are on the way (red)

I will stop after KZ puts out that purple one...
I checked your profile. Holy sh....

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #9,795 of 31,833
I checked your profile. Holy sh....

I know, this is what happens when you hang out on headfi for a year and a half... and are married to another headfier.... he never tells me no... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back