CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 1, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #3,766 of 31,832
Hello, I am looking for headphones for every day use. Pricey under $ 50, microphone and control would be fine.
Sources: Onkyo Granbeat, iPhone 6

I have so far found the following alternatives:
  • KZ ZS6
  • Tin Audio T2 (but need extra cable for microphone)
  • Urbanfun Hifi
  • BGVP SGZ-DN1
  • BGVP DM5

Recommendations are welcome.

Two more options: Shozy Hibiki and TFZ Series 2. Both are very new.

Oct 2, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #3,768 of 31,832
Between the T2 and Zs6, which one would you recommend for mainly listening to hip-hop. Source is S8 and laptop (no external amp). Comfort is a huge concern as they will be used for atleast 4 hours everyday. Also open to other suggestions in the $50 range.

Oct 2, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #3,769 of 31,832
Has anyone compared the Tin Audio T2 to the Svara Red? Both are in the same price range, and both seem to get a lot of positive reviews.

Oct 2, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #3,770 of 31,832
Hey folks, being a guitarist (valve, analog, vintage gear only) and home stereo guy my knowledge is virtually none with "headphones". Only IEM I had were 6+ year old Monster/Beats earbuds that came with old phone, which were ok sound wise and lasted a very long time. I know the info is posted here to help, but I have extremely poor and inconsistent eye sight. I'm hoping there's a couple people with in hand knowledge/experience with the info and types of IEM I'm looking for. Sorry if this wrong place to post but I can't really see to read the rules or postings groups/guidelines, so some tolerance is hoped for.

It's for android based sytem, definitely want play/pause and volume control remote. If it happens to also have skip/rewind and a decent mic that's a big bonus. Also prefer wired vs BT.

I'm looking for IEM/earbuds around/under $50 maybe up to a bit over $60 pair new or used. Don't care about having to get a specific brand either as long as they will last a while and have exact or similar sound I'm aiming for.

Naturalness, juicy, lush, musical, sweet, bit of warmth to overall sound. Crisp, Sparkle and Chime but not overpowering in treble with a bit of a sweet musical flavor to extended highs.

Headstage/Soundstage ideally is very holographic/3-D, airy, wide/hight/deep, spacious for what IEM offer.

Very Good imaging, solid resolution, solid Focus moderately good Presence, with hopefully very slight wet Decay,

For Details, good Articulation, Definition and Detail/Low Level Detail/black background for whats in my price range without wiping out the "juicy" character.

For EQ, Balance and Punch... a fairly good, natural balance with more quality of the sound focused in low mids to highs. Good balance of brilliance while Prefer no to very low Sibilance.

Low end/audible and subsonic bass and "control" and looking for overall Grip, Sturdy, and Tight lows. While Punchy and Weighty isn't a huge concern level wise... but enough of it so the music isn't lacking so much it messes with overall and quality of audio and songs.

Timing is only fairly important in regards to "live natural feeling/sound". So moderately ok for price range for Dynamics, PRaT, Speed/Fast, and Transients.

For importance of sound I'd say 33% and 33% most important is the juicy naturalness aspect and headstage priority wise. 24% imaging and detail. Then 10% for EQ and timing except low sibilance is fairly important on its own.

Good quality and lasting build of IEM important as well.

I know I won't get everything I'd like out of any 1 pair of IEM, or maybe even half. But closest to that specifical sound or close to that ballpark as you can think of would be great. Make, model, brief description of overall juice n soundstage if you could and price range if you have a general idea.

Thank you so much for you help.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #3,771 of 31,832
@Cantrell you lost me with about 60% of that if I'm honest, and that's a far too detailed a shopping list for me to have any hope of picking out an earphone for you to try.

My review site is in my signature but most of the +160 IEMs I've reviewed would probably be too low priced for your search.

I hope others can help, good luck with pinning one down.

Oct 2, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,772 of 31,832
@Cantrell you lost me with about 60% of that if I'm honest, and that's a far too detailed a shopping list for me to have any hope of picking out an earphone for you to try.

My review site is in my signature but most of the +160 IEMs I've reviewed would probably be too low priced for your search.

As always an excellent resource @Vidal

Oct 2, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #3,773 of 31,832

Thanks Vidal, I don't care if they're $5 or $50-$60. If I can get decent, lasting quality IEM with a ballpark overall sound and solid sound quality, a low price and the brand doesn't factor in negatively on choice.

Basic breakdown I guess importance wise is big 3D soundstage, Airy/open. "juicy" as defined on this site, naturalness, musical/sweet sound signature/character wise. As well as good Imaging are most important sound factors. Decent detail woulda be a nice secondary sound trait.

Sorry I was trying to use the words as defined on the site to try to convey what I'm lookin for.

So I hole that is less rigid/complicated description of sound.

Besides that is reliable well built IEM, hard wired, preferably works with android system for play/pause, volume remote mainly and bonus is FF/RW and a ok mic.

Oct 2, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #3,774 of 31,832
Thanks Vidal, I don't care if they're $5 or $50-$60. If I can get decent, lasting quality IEM with a ballpark overall sound and solid sound quality, a low price and the brand doesn't factor in negatively on choice.

Basic breakdown I guess importance wise is big 3D soundstage, Airy/open. "juicy" as defined on this site, naturalness, musical/sweet sound signature/character wise. As well as good Imaging are most important sound factors. Decent detail woulda be a nice secondary sound trait.

Sorry I was trying to use the words as defined on the site to try to convey what I'm lookin for.

Besides that is reliable well built IEM, hard wired, preferably works with android system for play/pause, volume remote mainly and bonus is FF/RW and a ok mic.
the ty hi-z g3 (vidal's bitch) and the moni one might work well for you. the seaf 009, which costs around $10 is also damn good

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #3,775 of 31,832

Ah, that's where that came from :head_bandage:. I think some of the 'definitions' on this site are a bit of joke really.

Magosi BK50 has the buttons you require and it's well liked for it's tuning, even if I found something about it that wasn't quite for me.

The Seahf is a bargain and might be a good initial purchase as a benchmark, you can then decide what more you're looking for, no buttons though.

I should be getting my KZ ZS6 today so should have a review up by the end of the week, these could be a winner.

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #3,776 of 31,832
Has anyone heard about the Auglamour RT-1? I met someone who's selling them, it seems like its Auglamour's R8 version2.0 which looks more refined and pretty. It cost 60 dollars though, not sure if i should take the plunge.

I'm dealing probably on thursday/ friday, will give the iem a quick listen, and pen my thoughts later.

Not an audiophile though, and am just dabbling in the audio scene (only had Vsonic VSD5S and PMV MK II iems) hence I don't have all the fancy equipment to maximise the potential of the iem. As a student on budget, I'll just utilize this iem and listen to spotify via extreme quality :D

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #3,778 of 31,832
Look what i just got in the mail!
Reviews coming soon!
IMG_20171004_141803077_HDR.jpg

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #3,780 of 31,832
My GF asked me to buy her a pair of iems, so I'm here asking for advice. She listens to rock, metal, pop, instrumental and folk, and she will be driving them with her smartphone. So:
-budget 20$ max
-easy to drive
-forgiving on bad recordings
-sturdy
-straight down cable

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back