CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 29, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #3,741 of 31,833
Sep 30, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #3,743 of 31,833
Sep 30, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #3,744 of 31,833
Holly molly, just received the echobox audio traveler and I think it is the best iem in the price range=-O=-O=-O
Yes - love some comparison to some others. Even some of the other newer options around (eg hibiki, dm5, T2, MacaW GT600, etc)
What strengths were most notable and how did you find soundstage, isolation, driveability (was close to getting the T2 but these look more suited to commuting - I guess called the traveler for reason)?

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #3,745 of 31,833
Can you please give a brief comparison among these 3 IEMs with respect to sound quality? Which one do you like the best?
Among these three, Tin T2 is my favorite. ZS6 is simply beautiful, I really tried to love it, and it has not much shortcomings, except for the boomy bass, that alone kills it for me. TFZ king has a larger soundstage, but vocals sometimes can sound weird. T2 has the best instrument separation, stronger bass even than King, but more reined-in than ZS6, and very consistent across the spectrum, treble might be "piercing" to some, but it is ok with me.
Both T2 and ZS6 are a steal for the price.

Sep 30, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #3,746 of 31,833
Among these three, Tin T2 is my favorite. ZS6 is simply beautiful, I really tried to love it, and it has not much shortcomings, except for the boomy bass, that alone kills it for me. TFZ king has a larger soundstage, but vocals sometimes can sound weird. T2 has the best instrument separation, stronger bass even than King, but more reined-in than ZS6, and very consistent across the spectrum, treble might be "piercing" to some, but it is ok with me.
Seems like your primary is T2 Rutherford than zs6

Sep 30, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #3,747 of 31,833
I'm not hearing the T2 the same way. To my ears the TFZ King has a stronger mid-bass punch though it's very controlled on both. Only opened the T2 box a week ago and already there's signs of oxidization on the cable above the Y-split. That doesn't affect the sound thankfully but is disappointing nonetheless. I do agree the T2 has great separation and the boosted upper mids are great for female vocals. Overall it's v good technically and is not your typically tuned budget iem.

Sep 30, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #3,748 of 31,833
Will
Yes - love some comparison to some others. Even some of the other newer options around (eg hibiki, dm5, T2, MacaW GT600, etc)
What strengths were most notable and how did you find soundstage, isolation, driveability (was close to getting the T2 but these look more suited to commuting - I guess called the traveler for reason)?
Will do comparison soon, isolation#1, very tiny, very detailed and balanced , made for traveling, soundstage wide and deep

Sep 30, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #3,749 of 31,833
I'm not hearing the T2 the same way. To my ears the TFZ King has a stronger mid-bass punch though it's very controlled on both. Only opened the T2 box a week ago and already there's signs of oxidization on the cable above the Y-split. That doesn't affect the sound thankfully but is disappointing nonetheless. I do agree the T2 has great separation and the boosted upper mids are great for female vocals. Overall it's v good technically and is not your typically tuned budget iem.

Is this the T2 you guys were talking about https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...go_pvid=bd4df661-9bf8-46f6-8d9a-5b53392a8631?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back