CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 13, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #1,531 of 31,833
Took the plunge on the Tennmak Crazy Cello like a few here it seems. Was looking for a more mid-centric iem so hoping this may fit the bill due to some of the reviews here.
Sort of a companion to my Shockwave 3s which are incredible for the price but was looking for a bit more in the mids. (not saying the SW3 lacks them but was wanting more of a compliment iem to them when i want to listen to more mid-focused music).
Originally planned to to go DZ7 or DZ9 but just couldn't justify the price so went to the bargain bin and am hoping the Crazy Cello will be the one.

I've just mentioned on the Chinese thread that I've found the double flanged tips from my LZ a2s to give the best sound on the cellos.

These are the most tip sensitive items I've had. If you don't have any double flanged tips the included foams sound good too.

If I could slip a SWIII purchase past the other half I would as they sound right up my street going by the reviews.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #1,535 of 31,833

Hi, I think it depends on your fit as when I got a good fit for both, the signature isn't actually very far apart. The ATR's bass is actually almost the same level just it isn't so boomy as the ATE, more precise. The trebles are also less grainy. So while both are good I think the ATR really nailed it :)

I use the same foams on both, they both do sound quite smooth, but i still think the ATR wins it in detail and balance. Yeah, the ATR is a great sounding pair. I use the ATE for running and at the moment I swap between the ATR and HiSoundAudio Flamenco for casual listening.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #1,536 of 31,833
Hey all, very difficult to find any info on the HLSX/Magaosi BK50 and how it sounds. from the limited reviews i can find it sounds like it might be a decent set to try out. Anyone have/had them?

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #1,537 of 31,833
A bit more on the DT2+ the sound reminds me of my 1More Triple Drivers. The sound is quite warm and some vocals seem a little further back than the 4in1. The sound stage is smaller as even with the Aegis which is the most expansive sound source I have.

Bass is very powerful but not overpowering.

Some real problems with the build though, nozzle came loose when changing tips which broke the internal cable, later the same earphone popped out the MMCX socket, again breaking the cable. Just as well I'm still pretty handy with a soldering iron.

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #1,538 of 31,833
PT15 are pre-ordered too for me!! I just begin with earbuds and **** is a ''brand'' that worth be checking out. Did you try the FAAEAL 64Ohm? Really impressive stuff indeed.

Have you received your PT15?
The set I ordered from AK Audio Store arrived on Saturday, and I'm really impressed.
Mostly I've been ordering in-ear earphones, rather than earbuds, due to the impression I had that Bass and noise isolation would be compromised without a tight seal to my ears.  I've installed the Red & Blue foam covers, and there's still plenty of Bass, without being boomy. It is true that they don't isolate as well as my in-ear earphones, but they do present a bigger sound-stage.  They've been used with my PC and iFi Micro iDSD, my Onkyo DP-X1 on both balanced & unbalanced cables, and with a Shanling M1.  I'm using them today at work, with the M1 clipped to my badge lanyard... 
ksc75smile.gif

Take Care,
David Baldock

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #1,539 of 31,833
  Hey all, very difficult to find any info on the HLSX/Magaosi BK50 and how it sounds. from the limited reviews i can find it sounds like it might be a decent set to try out. Anyone have/had them?

i posted some very favorable impressions on the main chinese thread. buy 'em.

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #1,540 of 31,833
So my pistons v3 broke because of my brother stepping on the jack and breaking it in half. I'm really leaning on getting the tennmak pro, vjjb k4s or zs3. I've got a couple of questions though:
1. I sweat a lot so if i buy the tennmak pro i'm afraid i might damage the cable or the earphone itself. If sweat enters the cable connector part, does it damage it? I don't know if the shop has a replacement cable available so i'm hesitant to buy. I have the same questions with the zs3 since they're both detachable IEMs.
2. Should I wait for the xiaomi pistons v3 pro?
I saw on a website that there will be new xiaomi earphones : 1 wired and the other a bluetooth one. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #1,541 of 31,833

vidal, i'm winnowing down my 11.11 list (expecting a post-trump recession)--is the **** vt66 essential? any opinion on either the k1 or the pmva01?

Sorry for replying after 11/11......The **** VT66 are very good dual dynamic drivers. They are compact, easy to wear, and has a nice smooth V-shape signature with good vocals and soundstage and excellent clarity that easily pleases the senses. I like that they're not bass-heavy as one might assume or expect, but the bass is a little ponounced, since it's driven by dual speakers. They are definitely keepers! Overall, I like them better than the KZ "dual-DD-speaker" line-up they carry. ....Hope my 2 cents helps!

I wrote a long review on them on the old Chinese thread, but I can give you a quick impression from my profile......

HLSX-BK50 (Titanium driver & AFX BA hybrid) It has a wide and lively soundstage and presentation with excellent vocals. Details are warm, smooth, with a sense of openness and clarity. They present a snug and comfortable fit when you go "one size smaller" (in my experience) using the aftermarket small AUVIO silicone tips with the RED inner bore and in return giving you some of the best hi-end audio listening experience.

Interested on the Auvio silicone tips mentioned above? Click on the link below.....

https://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Small-Silicone-Replace-Tips/dp/B00N53JEXI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479187250&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=auvio+silicone+earphone+tips

or

https://www.amazon.com/Auvio-Small-Silicone-Replace-Tips/dp/B0112CLU80/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1479187585&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=auvio+silicone+earphone+tips

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #1,542 of 31,833

Sorry for replying after 11/11......The **** VT66 are very good dual dynamic drivers. They are compact, easy to wear, and has a nice smooth V-shape signature with good vocals and soundstage and excellent clarity that easily pleases the senses. I like that they're not bass-heavy as one might assume or expect, but the bass is a little ponounced, since it's driven by dual speakers. They are definitely keepers! Overall, I like them better than the KZ "dual-DD-speaker" line-up they carry. ....Hope my 2 cents helps!

I wrote a long review on them on the old Chinese thread, but I can give you a quick impression from my profile......

HLSX-BK50 (Titanium driver & AFX BA hybrid) It has a wide and lively soundstage and presentation with excellent vocals. Details are warm, smooth, with a sense of openness and clarity. They present a snug and comfortable fit when you go "one size smaller" (in my experience) using the aftermarket small AUVIO silicone tips with the RED inner bore and in return giving you some of the best hi-end audio listening experience.

Interested on the Auvio silicone tips mentioned above? Click on the link below.....

https://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Small-Silicone-Replace-Tips/dp/B00N53JEXI/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479187250&sr=8-2-fkmr1&keywords=auvio+silicone+earphone+tips

or

https://www.amazon.com/Auvio-Small-Silicone-Replace-Tips/dp/B0112CLU80/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1479187585&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=auvio+silicone+earphone+tips

i agree with clearhead's impressions--the unique thing about the bk50 is that they're both very warm and very detailed.

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:51 AM Post #1,543 of 31,833

i agree with clearhead's impressions--the unique thing about the bk50 is that they're both very warm and very detailed.

+1 
Though, for me, BK50 is somewhat too smooth/warm with some genres. If it would have just a tad more clarity in mids/bass and sparkle in highs, they would be on top of my list.

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #1,544 of 31,833
  A bit more on the DT2+ the sound reminds me of my 1More Triple Drivers. The sound is quite warm and some vocals seem a little further back than the 4in1. The sound stage is smaller as even with the Aegis which is the most expansive sound source I have.

Bass is very powerful but not overpowering.

Some real problems with the build though, nozzle came loose when changing tips which broke the internal cable, later the same earphone popped out the MMCX socket, again breaking the cable. Just as well I'm still pretty handy with a soldering iron.

Damn sucks to hear the quality sucks. Are the 4in1 better than the DT2+?

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #1,545 of 31,833

Thanks guys, how's the bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back