CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 8, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #1,486 of 31,832
Hi everyone!

I am DJ/Producer looking for some quality under 100$ IEM for work. Something with 2-3 drivers like Westone UM2/UM or Shure 535. I currently own Sennheiser HD 25 for past 10 years and I adore them. I prefer clarity of high and mid notes over bass. I need clear bass just for reference as in club environment it's pointless. Something from Aliexpress or any other China site. 

I hope you can help and my apologies for not wanting to read previous 99 pages to figure it out. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks for help!

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #1,487 of 31,832
Got my MusicMaker Maples today, early impressions are very favourable. (Thanks again to wwwaproearcouk for fast delivery). Out of the box I'll agree these have a big sound, very big soundstage. Bass is lovely, punchy and has floats between notes effortlessly, goes very low, mids are silky smooth and vocals are forward. Treble is not it's strongest point (Bass is) but that's not saying it's not good, just don't accept sparkle, but it still keep enough detail to hear what's going on. This is my 5th wooden housing and all seem to follow that smooth big sound. Only the Flamenco manages to really pull of treble but it's a little sibilant at times.

I'd take these over the more expensive HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 which were a huge disappointment.

EDIT : The above was with foams, silicon tips take some of the thickness out and improves the treble. Sound much better with silicons, may try spinfits.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #1,488 of 31,832
Got my MusicMaker Maples today, early impressions are very favourable. (Thanks again to [COLOR=0654BA]wwwaproearcouk [/color]
for fast delivery). Out of the box 
I'll agree these have a big sound, very big soundstage. Bass is lovely, punchy and has floats between notes effortlessly, goes very low, mids are silky smooth and vocals are forward. Treble is not it's strongest point (Bass is) but that's not saying it's not good, just don't accept sparkle, but it still keep enough detail to hear what's going on. This is my 5th wooden housing and all seem to follow that smooth big sound. Only the Flamenco manages to really pull of treble but it's a little sibilant at times.

I'd take these over the more expensive HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 which were a huge disappointment.

EDIT : The above was with foams, silicon tips take some of the thickness out and improves the treble. Sound much better with silicons, may try spinfits.

Now next step is the MusicMaker TKH1. Even more bass :D

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,489 of 31,832
  Got my MusicMaker Maples today, early impressions are very favourable. (Thanks again to wwwaproearcouk for fast delivery). Out of the box 

No problem, glad they got there so quick. I found the bass with those I bit too much for me, although I might dig out my set just for a quick refresher.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #1,490 of 31,832
Now next step is the MusicMaker TKH1. Even more bass
biggrin.gif

No problem, glad they got there so quick. I found the bass with those I bit too much for me, although I might dig out my set just for a quick refresher.

I like big bass as long as it's not overly boomy and has decent resolution. The Maples are a bit like the KZ ATE... but slightly better.

Nov 8, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #1,491 of 31,832

I like big bass as long as it's not overly boomy and has decent resolution. The Maples are a bit like the KZ ATE... but slightly better.

If treble had bit more detail and sparkle they could be a big player in the budget world imo

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #1,497 of 31,832
Check this :
Easy Clear Color DIY EE846 5Units 5 Balanced Armature Earphone DIY Headset Custom Made Around Ear Earphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/JzMRRzEz
(from AliExpress Android)

Easy is not allowed on here. Delete your link

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,498 of 31,832
Anyone find any good deals for the 11.11 Aliexpress sale? I see that some things have been heavily reduced in price. so I'm hoping there may be some good stuff for us hifi/headphone people as well.

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #1,499 of 31,832
I'm looking for 2 Decent headphones.
1 in-ear, 1 over-ear.
For the over-ear i'm looking at the isk mdh9000

For in-ear i'm still considering 2 options:

The VJJB K4 K4S and the **** DT2 i800

Can someone shine a light on these. Or suggest something better.

I'm new to the forums so any advice is welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back