Best SQ from an mp3 player
Apr 3, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #31 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong, did you just compare $30 of equipment with $600 of equipment? That should speak volumes in and of itself.
popcorn.gif

If you stay here longer you will gradually see that price does not necessarily equal value. s:flo2 = amazing sound for its price.
Same could be said for the RE0s (just on the top of my head, there are others) and the Sansa Clip.

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Line out... to ?
fiio e3/e5 ?

I didn't find my clip+ killing my previous ipod + alo sxc lod + rsa predator =/

Ipod 5.5G -> ALO Cotton Line Out -> RSA Hornet/Tomahawk -> UE-10's

IMHO, the Clip+ -> UE-10's sounds much better.

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #34 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^
Wow that's really saying a lot.

Seriously. Now imagine...

Clip+ -> portable amp -> UE-10's
tongue_smile.gif

Can't wait!

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #35 of 50
The sansa fuze V2 is getting rockbox very very soon now, they managed to get it running fine all that needed is a simple install and a bit of tweaking.
The new master of portable audio has come.
mwhahahahahahahah ha
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously. Now imagine...

Clip+ -> portable amp -> UE-10's
tongue_smile.gif

Can't wait!

I know how fun it is to hit more expensive options on the head, but I don't get it. I've used a CLIP+ with the same HPO-amp cable as with my iPod touch 2G and don't see anything in favour of the CLIP+.

In some areas: with HPO to HPO, the CLIP+ is a little better, but its hiss and channel narrowing in comparison aren't in favour all the time. The touch is too big and for that reason, I'd take the CLIP, but otherwise, it gains nothing on the touch unless you just want a warmer signature.

It isn't better, it is different. HPO to HPO, it betters the touch in one basic area: FR when driving very difficult to drive multi armature earphones, but LO to amp is far behind and HPO to amp is nearly the same or worse than the iPod.

It comes down to preference, not performance. Performance-wise, the iPod will knock the socks off the Clip in most cases; in FR tests, it is behind, but otherwise, it hisses less, has more natural L/R balance and overall, conforms better to the original wave than the CLIP.

but, for use, I'd prefer the CLIP+ with rockbox as it is tiny and pocketable. For its size, it is the best, but for overall performance, it isn't.

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #38 of 50
If I already have an iPod 5g, is it worth it to buy a new player? I'm getting an iBasso D10, but I was thinking of the s flo 2, or the sansa clip+/fuze...the s flo 2 looks the best out of all of them, but I'm really more concerned with sound quality. I think the Cowons are a little out of my price range at $250, but I could swing $160 for the SFlo2 if the sound quality is really noticeable...thanks for any help!

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #39 of 50
The s:flo2 has amazing sound quality. Just go read peoples opinions of it in relation to iPods and other DAPs on the market. There are about 3 big threads on here about it. (s:flo2 or Teclast T51)

Apr 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #41 of 50
Throw the older sony players in here... 738 and 818 etc. Great sound for the price you can pick them up for imo.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #42 of 50
The Sony S639 has amazingly good SQ, and if you can locate it jump on it.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #43 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Sony S639 has amazingly good SQ, and if you can locate it jump on it.

how to call something that sounds better than amazingly good?

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #44 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It comes down to preference, not performance. Performance-wise, the iPod will knock the socks off the Clip in most cases; in FR tests, it is behind, but otherwise, it hisses less, has more natural L/R balance and overall, conforms better to the original wave than the CLIP.

I disagree. I hear more hiss from an ipod than from the Clip+.

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. I hear more hiss from an ipod than from the Clip+.

Agree I hate the hiss with the ipod.. I can't wait to get a clip +

Users who are viewing this thread

Back