Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #4,531 of 7,916
Could someone help me? I'm trying to find a good phone with great DAC/Amp and speakers (I like it at the front, but don't mind it being at the bottom tho), that also has a decent camera or maybe better,and good battery life

Phones I've decided between are
the HTC 10, HTC One M9, ZTE Axon 7, Lenovo Vibe x3, LG V10, LG V20, and Marshall London

Or should I wait for other phones to come out, cos I'm not buying them immediately

I stream my music on Spotify,SoundCloud, and even YouTube

Thanks for reading

Vibe x3

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #4,532 of 7,916
Sorry guys, I know this has probably been asked before but the thread is 300+ pages long so hopefully it's not too irritating to hear again.

I'm looking to replace my HTC One M9. While I like the phone, I have a couple of requirements I'd like to add which this doesn't cater for, so I'm looking for some alternatives.

I'm interested in the idea of something like the Willeyfox Swift but I'm open to ideas here.

These are my requirements

Android based
Removable battery
External storage (min 128gb)
Good audio (obviously - this is Head-Fi)
Decent spec (I don't need the best and fastest processor, but I want something with enough grunt for the usual tasks on any phone)

And this would be a "nice to have"

Dual-SIM
Minimum 32gb onboard memory (I like to store apps on the phone memory and music/other on the SD card)
USB-C connection

What's the forum's current favourite with these things in mind? I seem to always have to compromise on at least one of my must-haves for some reason. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #4,533 of 7,916
  Sorry guys, I know this has probably been asked before but the thread is 300+ pages long so hopefully it's not too irritating to hear again.

I'm looking to replace my HTC One M9. While I like the phone, I have a couple of requirements I'd like to add which this doesn't cater for, so I'm looking for some alternatives.

I'm interested in the idea of something like the Willeyfox Swift but I'm open to ideas here.

Android based
Removable battery
Decent spec (I don't need the best and fastest processor, but I want something with enough grunt for the usual tasks on any phone)

Dual-SIM
Minimum 32gb onboard memory (I like to store apps on the phone memory and music/other on the SD card)
USB-C connection

What's the forum's current favourite with these things in mind? I seem to always have to compromise on at least one of my must-haves for some reason. 

The LG V20 will be available soon, but if you don't need the absolute latest you'd save some money by going with the LG V10. It has everything you want except USB-C. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #4,534 of 7,916

Android based
Removable battery

Dual-SIM
USB-C connection

Meizu pro5 everything but easy re movable batt
Lg v10 everything but not usb c
Or wait v20

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #4,535 of 7,916
Just got a used LG V10 64GB for US$200. Seems much louder and clearer than my Galaxy S3 i9305. 

Need to read the long V10 thread to see if I can learn any tricks from there
L3000.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #4,536 of 7,916
Just got a used LG V10 64GB for US$200. Seems much louder and clearer than my Galaxy S3 i9305. 

Need to read the long V10 thread to see if I can learn any tricks from there:L3000:

This. I'd love to get a v20, but as it only adds usb c and a slightly faster processor for $700 ish, why bother. I honestly dont see myself ever buying another flagship at new prices.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #4,537 of 7,916
This. I'd love to get a v20, but as it only adds usb c and a slightly faster processor for $700 ish, why bother. I honestly dont see myself ever buying another flagship at new prices.

No, it is not just a slightly faster processor. It is a (not slightly)faster and also more efficient processor which equates to better battery life. I'd recommend getting the V20 and keeping it until it dies.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #4,539 of 7,916
Plus, all these SnapDragon 8xx phones can help keep your hands warm in winter and all other seasons as well. (joking) Unless the phone is idling or in deep sleep or whatever we call it nowadays.

BTW, I am just wondering, how come most reviews kinda forget to mention this warming or overheating or thermal throttling or whatever you want to call it, isn't this just so strange huh. Or maybe they just take it for granted, so why mention such a trivial thing about a super-pricey phone, right?

Same goes about overheating while fast charging or turbo charging or whatever each company calls pushing some 12 volts / 2 amperes into a 4.7 volt battery cause we are in such a hurry but can't put a larger battery in there, no-no, only tiny battery that charges fast and well, gives out a bit of heat but we don't notice that, not until the phone catches fire...

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #4,540 of 7,916
Plus, all these SnapDragon 8xx phones can help keep your hands warm in winter and all other seasons as well. (joking) Unless the phone is idling or in deep sleep or whatever we call it nowadays.

BTW, I am just wondering, how come most reviews kinda forget to mention this warming or overheating or thermal throttling or whatever you want to call it, isn't this just so strange huh. Or maybe they just take it for granted, so why mention such a trivial thing about a super-pricey phone, right?

Same goes about overheating while fast charging or turbo charging or whatever each company calls pushing some 12 volts / 2 amperes into a 4.7 volt battery cause we are in such a hurry but can't put a larger battery in there, no-no, only tiny battery that charges fast and well, gives out a bit of heat but we don't notice that, not until the phone catches fire...

Because they don't want to scare people away lol. Especially LG, with G4 V10 and G5 are all known to have brick issue related to overheating.

Oct 6, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #4,544 of 7,916
try poweramp alpha too.

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #4,545 of 7,916
At least a $500 premium for that battery life. Not worth it in my opinion.

Well if you're only looking for a phone with basic smartphone functionality and above average audio quality, then yeah its not worth it for you. As for me, I'm also looking forward for its wide angle camera and other new features.... so yeah, to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back