Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #4,501 of 7,916

Okay, maybe you are a bit confused about the models. That one I linked - that's why the deep specs link - has sabre dac and texas opa. Compare to the meizu I linked also.
Alters of this model: vibe x3 c78, vibe x3 youth, lemon x3 youth (http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_x3_c78-7756.php)

You mention for the next model and its alters: K4 Note A7010a48, A7010, Lenovo Vibe X3 Lite (http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k4_note-7802.php)

And from gsm arena: "I have upgraded to 6.0 via a ROM I found on the VibeUI.com site. It seems a bit buggy, may not be ready for wide use, but they're certainly working on it." But official 6.0 update is coming, just check under my very first link.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell, the wolfson wm8281 is not a dac, just a codec for reducing noises, so only a software.

Yeah, that's my bad. You said "X3 Lite" so I thought you're talking about the model that usually goes by that name. I've looked up the c78 model and you're right that it has the same dac as the X3. Pretty strange but there's almost no info on the model that you're linking on the internet aside from the specs. May be it's not that popular?

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #4,502 of 7,916
  Yeah, that's my bad. You said "X3 Lite" so I thought you're talking about the model that usually goes by that name. I've looked up the c78 model and you're right that it has the same dac as the X3. Pretty strange but there's almost no info on the model that you're linking on the internet aside from the specs. May be it's not that popular?

I guess very small group of users are interesting for the headphone audio quality on cell phones. Everyone goes only for the camera performances. Not all manufacturers are see the point to highlight or advert it. Maybe this phone is popular in China only, because they know the specs well.
I had long weeks to hunting for phones are with dedicated sound chip. There is many more, just take your time :) This is the cheapest on Dealextreme (dx.com) I found and brings other criteria I want from a phone.

Oct 2, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #4,503 of 7,916

I guess very small group of users are interesting for the headphone audio quality on cell phones. Everyone goes only for the camera performances. Not all manufacturers are see the point to highlight or advert it. Maybe this phone is popular in China only, because they know the specs well.
I had long weeks to hunting for phones are with dedicated sound chip. There is many more, just take your time :) This is the cheapest on Dealextreme (dx.com) I found and brings other criteria I want from a phone.

Yeah, most people don't care about the sound that much. It's just weierd to me that the regular Vibe X3 has a lot of discussions as well as the lite version which is a completely different phone, but the "real" X3 lite which is mostly unknown.

On that matter, I actually ordered exactly the Vibe X3 about a week ago. Cost me around 200$, probably the best value you can get for your money for an audiophile smartphone. The specs are last-gen but still very competitive. Also the battery is pretty good. I just wish it had a full metal body which is the modern trend, but whatever.

Oct 2, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4,504 of 7,916
  Yeah, most people don't care about the sound that much. It's just weierd to me that the regular Vibe X3 has a lot of discussions as well as the lite version which is a completely different phone, but the "real" X3 lite which is mostly unknown.

On that matter, I actually ordered exactly the Vibe X3 about a week ago. Cost me around 200$, probably the best value you can get for your money for an audiophile smartphone. The specs are last-gen but still very competitive. Also the battery is pretty good. I just wish it had a full metal body which is the modern trend, but whatever.

I bought the Youth version of the X3 you did :) They are the same basically, the general difference only the weaker Soc in the Youth. Both of them housing is plastic plus metal. I don't mind really if not full metal a phone body, because it can causes signal interference.

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #4,506 of 7,916
Can someone confirm that the Le Max Pro X910 has AKG audio? Found an amazing deal, but there is no detailed info on this phone

Yes it has btw what deal?

Is it 64G for 270 USD or something deal?

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #4,507 of 7,916

Okay, maybe you are a bit confused about the models. That one I linked - that's why the deep specs link - has sabre dac and texas opa. Compare to the meizu I linked also.
Alters of this model: vibe x3 c78, vibe x3 youth, lemon x3 youth (http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_x3_c78-7756.php)

You mention for the next model and its alters: K4 Note A7010a48, A7010, Lenovo Vibe X3 Lite (http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k4_note-7802.php)

And from gsm arena: "I have upgraded to 6.0 via a ROM I found on the VibeUI.com site. It seems a bit buggy, may not be ready for wide use, but they're certainly working on it." But official 6.0 update is coming, just check under my very first link.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell, the wolfson wm8281 is not a dac, just a codec for reducing noises, so only a software.

So the K4 Note doesnt have the Sabre Chip? But use Wolfson chip instead?

Oct 3, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #4,508 of 7,916

So the K4 Note doesnt have the Sabre Chip? But use Wolfson chip instead?

Recent MTK chips are integrated with Wolfson DAC (MTK6753 in K4 Note has WM8281). Unluckily, most of them don't have software support so they're just output 44.1khz 16bit via AUX (headphone).

Oct 3, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #4,509 of 7,916
Received my Bluboo Maya Max today first impressions are good. Wasn't prepared as to how much bigger 6" is over 5" but I guess I'll get used to it. 
cool.gif
 Certainly the most sleek and best looking Chinese phone I've brought, screen is super bright and everything is working as it should. The speaker is nuts! Haven't ever heard a speaker so good on a smartphone before even turning it on sounded nice and it gets insanely loud! Noticed under the audio settings it has BesAudEnh, BesLoudness, BesSurround from what I understand these are best left turned off? I thought the headphone jack protector that doubles as a release for the simcard/micro sd slots a nice touch considering some manufacturers don't even include headphone jacks anymore. 
wink_face.gif
  Haven't tested audio through earphones yet but will do so over the next few days, and the best part is I only paid $99! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #4,510 of 7,916
I am planning to upgrade my current phone. I can't decide between HTC 10, iPhone 7 plus and Xperia XZ. I don't mind the connector as long as the music quality is good.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #4,513 of 7,916
It seems Vivo Xplay5 Ultimate still gets the best Hi-Fi ever conceived to a phone so far.
[/quote

Wonder if next v20 wil take the crown.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #4,514 of 7,916
Next V20 will be a cool phone for sure! 

At the same time, I'm still waiting to get a xiaomi mi max, as it seems the most sensible option at the moment XD 

If I don't like it, maybe I'll gift it on black friday and get a mate 8 or P8max from huawei. 

The more the better to be able to pick the best from a large array of options! Xiamo I can't test anywhere, mate8 - tested and unimpressed, p8max - tested and liked it. 

Audio quality on smartphones is a lot of hit and miss recently, but there are many good DACs to get that I'll probably just get one. a phablet with over 4500mah battery can get one a 8 hours of intense usage, 8 hours of continous music! If only they wouldn't need an external DAC to sound good. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #4,515 of 7,916

Yes, it's possible. At the moment my eyes are on the Lenovo X3 Lite K51c78 (http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/35113818). It has the same audio chips inside for half price - around $130 - like the Meizu pro5 (http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/50b536e4), and with good battery life and gorilla glass protection, what I need.

It seems that there is only one budget vesion of the Lenovo Vibe X3. Sometimes it is called the X3 Lite. Sometimes the X3 Youth. Sometimes the X3C78. And rarely the K51C78. I'm not sure I trust devicespecifications. Lenovo doesn't seem to claim the Lite has the same audio as the regular X3. I thought I read that it didn't. I'd want to confirm what chips it really has before buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back