Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #4,547 of 7,916
  Just to add the el-cheapo dimension on the subject.

5 inch, removable batteries, dual sim, big micro SD and all, one for audio (AW87319), one for generic usage.

Here you go !

http://sale.joybuy.com/act/xTwRcGDtPny.html

http://awinic.com/product_nei.php?id=66

Interesting for that price. Although it's hard to imagine going back to a 5" display. I prefer 5.5. The Awinic chip is an unknown quantity I think. Sound could be good or bad. Hard to say. It's good that they are marketing it to people who want to listen to music though. All the links to the phone seem to be in Russian even though the phone is Chinese. Weird. Problem with buying an unknown Chinese brand is the other features of the phone may not work properly. My Flash Plus 2 has a microSD slot which frequently loses contact and disconnects.

Oct 6, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #4,548 of 7,916
for smartphone that can play DSD, I think the only options are

LG V10
LG V20
LG G5 with HiFi Plus module
SONY Xperia Z3
SONY Xperia Z4
SONY Xperia Z5
SONY Xperia X Performance
SONY Xperia XZ
The latest Xiaomi Mi 5 / Xiaomi Mi 5 Plus

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #4,549 of 7,916
  for smartphone that can play DSD, I think the only options are

LG V10
LG V20
LG G5 with HiFi Plus module
SONY Xperia Z3
SONY Xperia Z4
SONY Xperia Z5
SONY Xperia X Performance
SONY Xperia XZ
The latest Xiaomi Mi 5 / Xiaomi Mi 5 Plus

It depends on App such as poweramp alpha, DSD can be played for most of phones. But I don't think we have Native DSD Smartphone? 

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #4,550 of 7,916
I am searching for a new smartphone. I have shortlisted 3 of them, namely lenovo vibe x3, lg v10 and galaxy note 5 (exynos version). I mainly listen to music on iem not headphones as of now.

Besides these i am looking towards le max 2 as well which is called x816 in my country. I am not sure about it's DAC as it's not mentioned anywhere and this doesn't have headphone jack as well.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #4,551 of 7,916
I am searching for a new smartphone. I have shortlisted 3 of them, namely lenovo vibe x3, lg v10 and galaxy note 5 (exynos version). I mainly listen to music on iem not headphones as of now.

Besides these i am looking towards le max 2 as well which is called x816 in my country. I am not sure about it's DAC as it's not mentioned anywhere and this doesn't have headphone jack as well.

Either x3 or v10 is good enough.

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #4,555 of 7,916
Try neutron as well ! The most precise equalization I ve seen so far

I tried it in the past for playing music over the network BUT it insisted on indexing the target. It was infuriating. Anyone knows if that changed?
Poweramp is great - wished it could play more than a song at a time on the NAS (SMB shares).
-I'm still going to use my V10 for up to another year. 

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #4,556 of 7,916
Has anyone really had the chance to dig in to the Xperia XZ?

I'm intrigued...

Outside of that, I'm trying to track down a phone that has:

-Quality audio (I know it's a subjective matter of what's the best...But there seems to be consensus of tiers of quality)
-SD card
-dual front speakers
-US lte
-"smaller" (I have a Nexus 6p a 5.7", it's manageable, but I have always loved the Nexus 5 at 5". I think I'd prefer the XZ at 5.2". Ultimately, I think somewhere between 5-5.5")
-good camera function
-Root / unlocked bootloader capability (I tend to tweak my phones nearly incessantly...I may be able to get past this, but I have the feeling it would be difficult... This is what has kept me from the Axon7 thus far).

Thanks for any thoughts!

Oct 7, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #4,560 of 7,916
Ok what should i consider between these two for sq through headphone jack alone. Vibe x3 is significantly cheaper here but i can spend extra for v10.

Hi,

don't know V10.
But I can highly recomend Vibe X3.
I just got mine X3 and I can say that with my Nuforce Primo 8 it is the best I heard so fare.
Never heard Chris Cornells voice better!​
gs1000.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back