Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #3,976 of 7,916

Hi artpiggo 

after reading this thread for ages, i recently bought the meizu pro5 from amazon. i live in Ireland. i am a bit disappointed by the sound, i use RHA MA-750 headphones. it sounds thin and lifeless through the same. i tried using apple EarPods with the same and it instantly sounded much better, more airy,bass and clarity . so i blv the phones not at fault here. could you recommend a decent in-ear pods for me ? also what earphones do you use with the pro 5 ?

Thanks for all your helpful posts on this thread 

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #3,977 of 7,916
Hi artpiggo 

after reading this thread for ages, i recently bought the meizu pro5 from amazon. i live in Ireland. i am a bit disappointed by the sound, i use RHA MA-750 headphones. it sounds thin and lifeless through the same. i tried using apple EarPods with the same and it instantly sounded much better, more airy,bass and clarity . so i blv the phones not at fault here. could you recommend a decent in-ear pods for me ? also what earphones do you use with the pro 5 ?

Sounds very odd!

Are there output impedance measurements for this phone anywhere? - it seems like, to me - seeing what you've written that there could be a problem there, which would mean it would be hard to recommend anything with confidence.

Aug 20, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #3,978 of 7,916
Hi artpiggo 

Firstly, do you set hifi setting to it?
Secondly, what music player do you use. I recommend poweramp alpha and set hires output for it

Hope this help.

I use 1964 v6s and u12.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #3,979 of 7,916
Firstly, do you set hifi setting to it?
Secondly, what music player do you use. I recommend poweramp alpha and set hires output for it

Hope this help.

I use 1964 v6s and u12.

Nice iems you have @artpiggo. I have the 64 audio U8 and have several times thought about buying the U12. But it's very easy to go bankrupt on this site :). Which module do you use with the U12 ?

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #3,980 of 7,916
Nice iems you have @artpiggo. I have the 64 audio U8 and have several times thought about buying the U12. But it's very easy to go bankrupt on this site :). Which module do you use with the U12 ?

s1 -18db, i just got from summer sale.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #3,982 of 7,916
need another option besides the meizu pro 5 because it has c type usb and all my expensive cables are regular micro usb cables when i connect to mojo

i know i can use an adapter but i like to keep thing simple in connectivity 

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #3,983 of 7,916
need another option besides the meizu pro 5 because it has c type usb and all my expensive cables are regular micro usb cables when i connect to mojo

i know i can use an adapter but i like to keep thing simple in connectivity 

if you want to connect to mojo, my list wont help. then you can just find what micro usb phone you like cuz its own dac amp in phone doesn't relate to sound that much.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #3,984 of 7,916
Yes i have also seen this summer sale very tempting. Try the B1 module it open the sound up, make it less dark but also less bass. I use both depending on my mood and music.

i cannot find b1 in store. may be they are out of stock now. how about apex m20 then? is it good?

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #3,985 of 7,916
i cannot find b1 in store. may be they are out of stock now. how about apex m20 then? is it good?

Don't know anything about the apex module. I don't think 64 audio sell the B1 module anymore. There is also a MAM module. You have to buy from here https://asius.myshopify.com .
But check out the 64 audio thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/6100_20

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #3,986 of 7,916
if you want to connect to mojo, my list wont help. then you can just find what micro usb phone you like cuz its own dac amp in phone doesn't relate to sound that much.

no i dont always use mojo, i just want it to still be an option when i want to connect to mojo using my cables

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #3,987 of 7,916
Don't know anything about the apex module. I don't think 64 audio sell the B1 module anymore. There is also a MAM module. You have to buy from here https://asius.myshopify.com .
But check out the 64 audio thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/6100_20

wow the module price is one smartphone... let me think first lol.

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3,988 of 7,916
no i dont always use mojo, i just want it to still be an option when i want to connect to mojo using my cables

i see then i vote

lg v10
lenovo vibe x3
mi note pro

all is same par. you can choose one from this list as you prefer.

Aug 20, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #3,989 of 7,916
i see then i vote

lg v10
lenovo vibe x3
mi note pro

all is same par. you can choose one from this list as you prefer.

Will you have a chance to listen to VIVO X6 Plus? Just curious how would you estimate it. It has next generation of DAC and headphone amplifier in comparison with LG V10, so on this prospective should beat it easily... :)
I had no chance to listen to LG V10 so far.

Aug 20, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #3,990 of 7,916
Will you have a chance to listen to VIVO X6 Plus? Just curious how would you estimate it. It has next generation of DAC and headphone amplifier in comparison with LG V10, so on this prospective should beat it easily... :)
I had no chance to listen to LG V10 so far.

I still have no chance listen to vivo series though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back