Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #3,992 of 7,916
It's an expensive hobby :joy:.

It will be more expensive if you follow both hifi smartphone and DAP and earphone.

Maybe i should stop buying more earphone now lol.

Aug 20, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #3,993 of 7,916
The note 5 has PROBABLY the best audio performance of all current mobile phones. Not only does it subjectively sound the best but the measurements also agree. I don't consider amplification (or loudness).

The only phone I haven't seen the actual measurements to is the axon 7.

Does anyone here have headphone loaded rmaa measurements for this phone?

By chance could you send me the link to the Axon 7 measurements?  I am in Canada and the Axon 7 seems to be the only (attainable) option for a phone with a good DAC.  Can't get the LG V10, let alone the module for the G5.

Any other empirical reviews would be welcome, since the best I have found so far to help for shopping is this forum, and this thread in particular.  Also what is your top pick for audio in a phone current generation?

Thanks.

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #3,994 of 7,916
i listen to spotify extreme quality and i believe its included in the 'Hi-FI' enabled apps for the meizu pro 5. i listened to the same song using the RHAs and then using the dirt cheap apple EarPods and they sound miles better . i am unable to enable 'hi-gain' mode using the RHA. its greyed out . and of course i am using the latest firmware 

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #3,995 of 7,916
i listen to spotify extreme quality and i believe its included in the 'Hi-FI' enabled apps for the meizu pro 5. i listened to the same song using the RHAs and then using the dirt cheap apple EarPods and they sound miles better . i am unable to enable 'hi-gain' mode using the RHA. its greyed out . and of course i am using the latest firmware 

Did you try poweramp alpha i mention first with the lossless song you have first. So that i can be sure if it is still same result.

If still same result, I will guide in other way.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #3,996 of 7,916

I just remember that spotify is not included in hifi. You need to use this trick.

https://forum.meizufans.eu/topic/3557/how-to-hifi-audio-in-custom-apps

Aug 21, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #3,998 of 7,916
Would anyone recommend mi note over resmi note 3? I seldom play games on mobile device. I only watch videos and listening music, and some social media. I don't mind fingerprint scanner.

Sure it is better. But i think you should buy mi note pro.

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #4,000 of 7,916
Did you try poweramp alpha i mention first with the lossless song you have first. So that i can be sure if it is still same result.

If still same result, I will guide in other way.

Hi

Yes, i tried the power amp alpha with hi resolution enabled. same result. infact amazing sound quality (similar to spotify premium) with apple EarPods. dead sound with the RHAs :frowning2: .i paid 80 freaking pounds for this piece of crap .could you please suggest a good in-EarPods around 100 $ for me ?

i usually listen to indie/indie rock,commercial pop, and some times audiophile songs. 

Aug 21, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #4,001 of 7,916
Tried the Note 7 with Google Play Music at the T-mobile store today with my 1964 Ears A6. While I don't think it sounded better than the Note 5 with the Wolfson DAC, it didn't sound worse. I found the Exynos processor (my Note 5) with the Wolfson to sound too warm, so the Aqstic with the Snapdragon 820 was pleasant. It sounded a touch more sparkly, which is great because the A6 is a mid/low emphasized earphone that could use a bit more highs.

Interestingly enough, the volume was quite loud compared to my Note 5 at the same volume level. With the Note 5 I have to have the volume at around 80-90% when listening to music. The Note 7 sounded great around 60-70%.

When listening to music on the go, I don't bring a FLAC collection, or have a portable amp/dac. So while I do have great earphones, I don't go much further than that. For people like myself who want music to sound good with a simple setup on the go, it works just fine.

I did end up ordering the Note 7. I doubt I would have paid for one outright, as it's not much better over the note 5, but with T-mobile Jump it only costs me $10. 

Aug 21, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #4,002 of 7,916
Hi

Yes, i tried the power amp alpha with hi resolution enabled. same result. infact amazing sound quality (similar to spotify premium) with apple EarPods. dead sound with the RHAs :frowning2: .i paid 80 freaking pounds for this piece of crap .could you please suggest a good in-EarPods around 100 $ for me ?

i usually listen to indie/indie rock,commercial pop, and some times audiophile songs. 

Ostry kc06

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #4,003 of 7,916
Don't forget the ZTE Axon 7. If anyone owns it I would be very interested in a review. Is there a thread about it on head-fi? I couldn't find one.
I have been using the Axon(not the Axon 7) since June. Easily the best sounding phone I have owned. But, that is only in comparison to the Galaxy S4, Galaxy Mega,ad the iPhone 4

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #4,005 of 7,916

Hi

Better you follow earbud thread ;there you can find with different price tag with detail sound comparison of several earbud.
Try Hibymusic its better than any android player in terms of relaxing sound.i feel poweramp is too forward sounding.

Earbud thread:-http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back