Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #2,191 of 7,916
  Still waiting for 5.0" or smaller new phone with proper DAC+amp+sdcards hardware... Meizu crushed my dreams with cancellation of Pro5 Mini...

I agree. I would like a phone that can be held and used in one hand. Call me old-fashioned.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #2,195 of 7,916
Mar 5, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #2,198 of 7,916
  so whats the verdict which is the best phone for audiophiles

I don't think you're gonna get one verdict as people have different tastes, but right now my money is on the LG V10 and it's ESS Sabre DAC & Amp combo. I'm very happy with mine

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #2,200 of 7,916
I don't think you're gonna get one verdict as people have different tastes, but right now my money is on the LG V10 and it's ESS Sabre DAC & Amp combo. I'm very happy with mine

Right now, at this moment, the V10 for sound quality is still top tier in smartphone. LG-G5 may change the game ? Or it may not, it depends on how supportive the modular can get from 3rd party. If no one make it, then the G5 fails on it face, it will be the case of innovation but not welcomed...

Now, if V10 can be rooted and turn ESS DAC on all the time, it will be perfect.

I still have my love for Sony phones, but they always come with so little volumes, and no catering toward Music and audio quality at all. I don't get it, why does China phones do so, and not Sony or Samsung

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #2,201 of 7,916
Right now, at this moment, the V10 for sound quality is still top tier in smartphone. LG-G5 may change the game ? Or it may not, it depends on how supportive the modular can get from 3rd party. If no one make it, then the G5 fails on it face, it will be the case of innovation but not welcomed...

Now, if V10 can be rooted and turn ESS DAC on all the time, it will be perfect.

I still have my love for Sony phones, but they always come with so little volumes, and no catering toward Music and audio quality at all. I don't get it, why does China phones do so, and not Sony or Samsung

Sony phones are pretty well known for focusing in audio quality, so I have heard. Drivers are good for sure.

Mar 6, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #2,203 of 7,916
I had a Sony Z5 Compact and though it was not as bad as say a LG G4 they were not good either. I am currently using a V10 (single Sim German version) and my old iPhone 5. Its pretty hard to get good android phones with good sound quality.

The V10 is pretty good but the problem I have with it is that I listen to a lot of old recording of classical music from the 70s and 80s (the Karajan box for example). And some of these recordings are just not very loud. As a result I cant really enjoy them outside on busy streets with my V10. The old iPhone 5 on the other hard is very loud.

Mar 6, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #2,204 of 7,916
I had a Sony Z5 Compact and though it was not as bad as say a LG G4 they were not good either. I am currently using a V10 (single Sim German version) and my old iPhone 5. Its pretty hard to get good android phones with good sound quality.

The V10 is pretty good but the problem I have with it is that I listen to a lot of old recording of classical music from the 70s and 80s (the Karajan box for example). And some of these recordings are just not very loud. As a result I cant really enjoy them outside on busy streets with my V10. The old iPhone 5 on the other hard is very loud.

You are using it wrong, the V10 is tricky, but it is much more powerful than iPhone period. You need to read the thread about the v10

Mar 6, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #2,205 of 7,916

If you're using low impedance headphones, you might not be getting the phone into high gain mode. You can trick it into high gain mode with a headphone extender cable or if your headphones have a detachable cable you can use that. You just plug the cable in first, then attach the headphones afterward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back