Best Sennheiser under $100!!!
Feb 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 40

Quote:
Around one week ago on German eBay. They're were pretty used so I bought some new head- and earpads as well as the HD600 grills and HD600 cable. Total was like 160$ or so.

Quote:
Seriously? When? You got a great deal, they usually go for like 150

Quote:

160$ =! 70$.

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #20 of 40
Feb 5, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #22 of 40
Thank you all !!! I really appreciate your suggestions. I guess I'm gonna go for the HD555 and avoid using them in the library then :) . One more thing, how loud is an open headphones like HD555 gonna be to the person sitting next to me? Are they gonna hear everything I'm listen to and will the whole 'library' be disturbed by them? Sorry if I'm asking too much like a noob T_T.

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #23 of 40

Quote:
Thank you all !!! I really appreciate your suggestions. I guess I'm gonna go for the HD555 and avoid using them in the library then :) . One more thing, how loud is an open headphones like HD555 gonna be to the person sitting next to me? Are they gonna hear everything I'm listen to and will the whole 'library' be disturbed by them? Sorry if I'm asking too much like a noob T_T.

Yeah, they'll be able to sing the lyrics along with you.

Feb 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #24 of 40

Quote:
Quote:

It depends on how loud you listen. If you typically max the volume, then yeah, they'll hear you.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #25 of 40

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It depends on how loud you listen. If you typically max the volume, then yeah, they'll hear you.

No, that would apply to closed headphones. Closed headphones, no matter the isolation, if you max the volume, it'll leak.

But an open headphone, in this case the HD555, is like an.. ugh, open speaker. They'll hear everything. Unless you play at very low volumes, but then, you will hear everything that goes on around you.

In a library, they'll stand out.

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #26 of 40
hd555 is not recommended for library use. I still recommend a closed pair for situations like that. You won't find that from sennheiser. Look elsewhere

Feb 9, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #27 of 40
Open or closed, noisy or quiet, I don't see any point in maxing the volume. For me, 1/5 the maximum volume at quiet places like home or library is sometimes more than enough. When the surrounding is noisy, I would rather put my headphones away than TRYING to listen to music at max volume among the noises and then hear ringings/buzzings in my ears

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #30 of 40
Not sure about the sonic differences, but if you search "hd555 hd558" something will come up.

Open headphones are not a good idea for such an environment. Also would like to add to suggestion the el cheapo Senn HD202

Users who are viewing this thread

Back