1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Sennheiser under $100!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ghoststeps, Feb 4, 2011.
First

Back
Next

Last
  1. BobSaysHi

Seriously? When? You got a great deal, they usually go for like 150

Quote:

2. Ouspensky
    closed: original sony V6 (best for bass heavy music)
    open: Grado sr60i (best for rock and metal)

3. reiserFS
    Around one week ago on German eBay. They're were pretty used so I bought some new head- and earpads as well as the HD600 grills and HD600 cable. Total was like 160$ or so.

Quote:

4. Hanni

Quote:

160$ =! 70$.

5. BobSaysHi

Quote:

Seriously.

The best Sennheiser under $100 is no Sennheiser.

6. reiserFS

I'm talking about the basic HD580 which is also great if you can score a steal like me. It's your own decision if you're going to mod them or not.
    Quote:

7. ghoststeps
    Thank you all !!! I really appreciate your suggestions. I guess I'm gonna go for the HD555 and avoid using them in the library then :) . One more thing, how loud is an open headphones like HD555 gonna be to the person sitting next to me? Are they gonna hear everything I'm listen to and will the whole 'library' be disturbed by them? Sorry if I'm asking too much like a noob T_T.

8. Hanni

Quote:

Yeah, they'll be able to sing the lyrics along with you.

9. BobSaysHi

Quote:

It depends on how loud you listen. If you typically max the volume, then yeah, they'll hear you.

10. Hanni

Quote:

No, that would apply to closed headphones. Closed headphones, no matter the isolation, if you max the volume, it'll leak.

But an open headphone, in this case the HD555, is like an.. ugh, open speaker. They'll hear everything. Unless you play at very low volumes, but then, you will hear everything that goes on around you.

In a library, they'll stand out.

11. b0klau
    hd555 is not recommended for library use. I still recommend a closed pair for situations like that. You won't find that from sennheiser. Look elsewhere

12. ethanduong
    Open or closed, noisy or quiet, I don't see any point in maxing the volume. For me, 1/5 the maximum volume at quiet places like home or library is sometimes more than enough. When the surrounding is noisy, I would rather put my headphones away than TRYING to listen to music at max volume among the noises and then hear ringings/buzzings in my ears

13. ghoststeps
    I came into many local stores and they all said they stop manufacturing the HD555 model and replace by the HD558!!! Do these two have any difference in sound quality?

14. ghoststeps
    bump

15. LizardKing1
    Not sure about the sonic differences, but if you search "hd555 hd558" something will come up.

Open headphones are not a good idea for such an environment. Also would like to add to suggestion the el cheapo Senn HD202

First

Back
Next

Last