best quality wireless IEM/headphones?
Sep 19, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #46 of 57
thanks i was going to try the 180 until i  found out they are open and dont isolate  so now i guess ill try the 7100 but i kno i iwll have to modd them to fit good and they will probably beep and piss me off so very much, and im sure their isolation also sucks but at least it is closed

Sep 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #47 of 57

Quote:
I have no idea about the sonys, pioneers, panasonics or jvcs only that they are bluetooth based ....
Kleer is superior to bluetooth in bandwith and batterytime though.
Here is some more info on kleer vs bluetooth http://www.dipecomm.eu/Kleer-Vs-Bluetooth

Yeah they're typically based on something similar to 802.11b (2.4Ghz), but then kleer came out.
I dont think there's any JVC wireless cans, I was referring to their simulated surround (DH etc) adapter.
The only circumaural cans I'm aware of that use kleer, are the RS160->180, and the TDK.
There's no doubt it's superior to what other wireless cans are using, see the debate out there...

Sep 20, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #48 of 57

Quote:
thanks i was going to try the 180 until i  found out they are open and dont isolate  so now i guess ill try the 7100 but i kno i iwll have to modd them to fit good and they will probably beep and piss me off so very much, and im sure their isolation also sucks but at least it is closed

Why do you need isolation so badly?

You do know that open circumaural's are generally regarded to have better SQ overall than closed right?
So long as environmental noise isn't too loud/constant...

Which shouldn't be an issue for most people in their homes.

N.B.
You may get constant hissing from 7100, being based on vanilla 2.4Ghz, it's more susceptible to interference,

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #49 of 57

Quote:

Why do you need isolation so badly?

You do know that open circumaural's are generally regarded to have better SQ overall than closed right?
So long as environmental noise isn't too loud/constant...

Which shouldn't be an issue for most people in their homes.

N.B.
You may get constant hissing from 7100, being based on vanilla 2.4Ghz, it's more susceptible to interference,

cuz u can hear through the paper walls in my apartment building. yea i know open are different but better?   some might say if it lacks punch it is not better, other might say that if it lack sound stage and spacing then its also not as good.,

u are right about the interference, however i had th 6000 and they did suffer from interference but it wasnt unbearable by any means. the micro always would shut them down that same as 180?
also how much does 180 weigh? are they awkward?  thats a worry with 7100 they are even heavier than 6000 but that wont matter if their cups are slimmer,, the 6000 cup tended to stick out a bit and could be annoying while turning your head, nowhere near as bad as say the dx1000.
i should just flip a coin.  i cant believe there aren't more option for wireless it is 2010.

so are the 170 really closed and the 180 open, has anyone a/b those 2 what are the +-

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #50 of 57

Quote:
cuz u can hear through the paper walls in my apartment building.

Well if it really is that bad then maybe you should only look at closed or IEM's.

Quote:
yea i know open are different but better?   some might say if it lacks punch it is not better, other might say that if it lack sound stage and spacing then its also not as good.,

http://headphones.com.au/blog/open-vs-closed-headphones
There's heaps other doco on the net.... CBF'd

Quote:
u are right about the interference, however i had th 6000 and they did suffer from interference but it wasnt unbearable by any means. the micro always would shut them down that same as 180?

Doubt it... if it loses signal it losses it entirely, no hissing, it just drops....
Only ever experienced this when going out of range, haven't yet seen anything "interfere" with it as such.

Quote:
also how much does 180 weigh? are they awkward?

Dunno, should be on senn. website.
They're very comfortable IMO.

Quote:
so are the 170 really closed and the 180 open, has anyone a/b those 2 what are the +-

170 closed, 180 open, confirmed when I conversed in-depth with Sennheiser Germany.
In short.....
I was told if their simulated surround doesn't appeal, and my env. isn't overly noisy, then the 180 is superior "full-stop".
And it already has decent bass, so you won't miss the "bass boost"...
In simplest terms this is what I was told, unfortunately I don't have both for A/B testing*

*edit*
Someone here has both, and thus far substantiates much of what I've said...
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/443740/sennheiser-rs160-170-180-anyone/105?utm_campaign=subscription&utm_source=subscription_digest&utm_medium=email#post_6939352

*This often opens a new can of worms anyway...
As everyone's hearing is different; so what sounds awesome to me, may sound average to you.

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #51 of 57
Hi again. here are some info on the Sennheiser RS180
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_wireless-stereo-headphones_502875
And Sennheiser RS170
http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_digital-wireless-stereo-headphone_502874
Regarding the RS180 vs. micro the microwave wins when you are within a range of ca. 10in then it drops out no hiss just silence when you back out it reconnects again. So if you not are using the microwave as a pillow under your head when you listen to the cans there are no dropout.
The RS180 is very comfy on my head also and i have a very big head
I dont think your paperwalls is going to be any problem unless you have very loud people living next door.
And here is a tread on the Sennheiser RS series
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/443740/sennheiser-rs160-170-180-anyone

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #53 of 57
I would say it'll be quite some time before noise/interference is totally eliminated (if ever)...
Having said that, I very rarely notice it with my RS180, and when it happens it's barely audible.
Kleer is a big improvement over other wireless systems based on bog standard 2.4ghz, & def. over standard BT.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #54 of 57
Yes. the hiss is very minimal. may be worse on sleek though because its a iem. On the other side i`m def. going to try out those Sleek by 50 cent, really nice cans imo.
L3000.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #56 of 57
I think the marketing is very good for selling more cans. Maybe this is the breakthroug for kleer in general, really hope so. I never tought 50 cent would be the reason for kleer to be better known, but then again why not. Seems like a lot of headphone companys is learning from Monster so it may aswell be a good thing. 

Quote:
shame about the marketing they chose to use, but the cans themselves may be quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back