best quality wireless IEM/headphones?
Dec 31, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #16 of 57
Jan 1, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #17 of 57
^ Wow! Now that beats everything else! I'm stunned... Happy New Year!
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #18 of 57
Thanks, but no thanks.
Useful idea for certain applications...

But I want to pull content from the HTPC/NAS/NET or live TV/Cable.
Not just whatever I've dumped onto an SD card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazon.com: Skullcandy Double Agent Wireless Headphone and Music Player - Brown: Electronics

Your gonna love these, completely wireless, and you dont have to worry about what WAP protocol it transmits through the air as.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #19 of 57
I'm not sure what you mean could you please clarify?
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the SA6 is good to begin with, so my vote goes to them.

Jan 1, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #20 of 57
That's a good point, the kleer IC is locked in to a few different ranges.
I believe the RS 160 is shorter range like the w-1...

I guess I'm interested also in a IEM Vs open circumaural debate too.
All things being equal reception-wise...

But that's a big difference as stands WRT to SA6 + W-1 Vs RS 180.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ SA6 + W-1 is short range too, only Senn RS180 is up to 100m.

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #21 of 57
Unless they worked miracles with the Sleek W-1 Kleer, it was subpar sound quality. Entirely too much hissing and "EEEEEEEE" buzzing noise for IEM's.

I avoid wireless. I'd rather use better cable management and use an ultraportable DAP like the Sansa Clip+. Less of a compromise on sound quality, and the ability to change tracks, volume, etc.

-Ed

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #23 of 57
what's people thoughts on open circumaural Vs IEMs...
or do you think one would be hard-pressed to pick SQ differences regardless the content because of the fact that it's wireless?

Of these two best stereo wireless set-ups (that I'm aware of), which would you pick and why?

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #24 of 57
You have been a member here for a while. Dont you use Headphones/IEM's. Which one do you like better?

Jan 1, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #26 of 57
Have you used both types?
Do both form-factors generally have different strengths with different content, if so what are those differences?*

Or are IEM's better all-round IYO?
I'll be using them mostly in an environment where there's minimal ambient noise if that helps.

*aside from obvious ones like less isolation & more leakage for open circumaurals.

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #29 of 57
<rant>
Well this has been an entirely ****-house thread...
No posts usefully addressing the OP & subsequent ones except for one or two.
Thanks to those that did make some useful posts.
</rant>

I've noticed that there's a huge difference in range abilities between the W-1 and the RS170/180.

W-1 is only 18.29M, whereas 170 = 80m and the 180 = 100m.
These figures are line-of-sight of course, and in real world terms will be much less.

But a 4/5-fold distance advantage is not insignificant when there's many potential causes for signal deterioration in the the avg home.
So irrespective of the IEM Vs open circumaural debate, I think this cannot be overlooked!

I'll probably buy the SA6 later anyway (without W-1 initially), just to try my 1st IEM's.
But for the time being it's a toss-up between 180 or 170...

Thanks again.

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #30 of 57
Isn`t the Sleek CT6 compatible  with the w1 reciever? Don`t think kleer generates any hiss at all. If it hisses it`s is probably the source and not the kleer headset transmitter. My rs180 dont hiss with my ipod but it hisses with my computer, but thats the computers fault. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back