1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

best quality wireless IEM/headphones?

2 3 4
Next

Last
  1. jalyst
    I was factoring-in surround sound features, but I've decided that if I want proper surround (short of a speaker set-up), then I'll find the best dedicated adapter and use it with some wired cans.

So I was wondering what everyone's preferences are in-terms of the best sounding (stereo) wireless cans on the market?

I would expect it'd be a toss-up between these two kleer-based set-ups:

1) Sleek Audio SA6 IEM + W-1 kleer wireless adapter
    2) Sennheiser RS 180 open circumaural headphones

I'd love to hear from those that disagree/agree & can speak from experience.
    Let me know if you feel something else should be in the short-list.

Seasons well wishes,
    -J.

2. Modifiedz
    Wow, its the first time ive seen these new wireless bluetooth IEM's of the SA6. At the time I purchased these Sony Ericsson wireless IEM's, they were the best ones out, but sad to say they cost me $139+tax, and I hate the sound quality. I only listen to them at work under my hoody when its cold, otherwise I cant listen to anything at all. I will definitely look into getting a new set now that something nice is out.
    What are you going to hook up your wireless to?

3. jalyst
    They're nothing like BT, BT is ***** for this sort of application.
    They're a proprietary protocol loosely based on 2.4GHz ISM.

Anyone have anything to add to my questions?
    Thanks.

4. stonyboys
    skullcandy has a wireless headphone =3

5. james444 Contributor
    Read here. I beg to differ when it comes to bluetooth SQ. With a good BT setup (at least v2.0, EDR+) I can easily make out the nuances between my top IEMs. What more do I need for a portable rig?

6. jalyst
    oh def. at short range (i.e. 10m or less with no obstructions) and for portable as you say.

7. pseudohippy
    I hadd some bluetooth 2.0EDR headphones and I thought they were complete crap sounding. Id stick with Kleer if I were you. It has been used in a few different models of phones now.

8. james444 Contributor
  9. james444 Contributor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I hadd some bluetooth 2.0EDR headphones and I thought they were complete crap sounding.

LOL, I had some wired headphones and I thought they were complete crap sounding. No offense, but this information is pretty much worthless if you don't name model and source. [​IMG]

10. jalyst
    That's a good point, the kleer IC is locked in to a few different ranges.
    I believe the RS 160 is shorter range like the w-1...

I guess I'm interested also in a IEM Vs open circumaural debate too.
    All things being equal reception-wise...

But that's a big difference as stands WRT to SA6 + W-1 Vs RS 180.

Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    ^^ SA6 + W-1 is short range too, only Senn RS180 is up to 100m.

11. jalyst
    what kind?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    skullcandy has a wireless headphone =3

12. ethan961
    the SA6 is good to begin with, so my vote goes to them.

13. jalyst
    I'm not sure what you mean could you please clarify?
    Thanks!

14. pseudohippy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    LOL, I had some wired headphones and I thought they were complete crap sounding. No offense, but this information is pretty much worthless if you don't name model and source. [​IMG]

offense taken lol, they were the logitech freepulse with both a cowon S9 and D2. Ive had a couple other bluetooth models and I havent been happy with any like the SA6. Fact is bluetooth uses compression and as far as I know Kleer doesnt.

15. james444 Contributor
    ^ Ok, that's why I use receivers with 3.5mm headphone out like the Samsung SBH900 to pair them with HQ IEMs. And you're right about BT using compression, but actually the Bluetooth SBC codec performs quite good at high bitrates with artefacts well beyond human threshold. As a matter of fact I use the IE8 with the SBH900 driven from my windows mobile phone (with high bitpool settings) and it sounds awesome, certainly good enough for commuting.

2 3 4
Next

Last