Best overall heaphone? (under $200)
Mar 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:
All right, thanks! If I were to purchase an amplifier however what do you suggest?

Assuming you want it to be portable, the FiiO E07K combined dac/amplifier should drive them pretty easily.  Since you would use the amp with an iPod, also buy the FiiO L9 L-Shaped dock.

Also, make sure that you are listening to 320 kbps MP3 or FLAC.  192 and such don't do audiophile-grade headphones any justice.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:
Nope, looking for a can that handles pretty much all genres from the low end to the high end very well.

Ah k. If not the v6, then the cd900st since it's a step up in the bass/detail department. Usually around $220. It's meant to be as flat/accurate as possible and is considered to be quite better (some say a step up, some say 5x). 

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:
E07K is a bit out of range right now, would an E6 do me just fine?

Not really, the E6 would drive the headphones slightly better than the iPod, but there is no dac and you wouldn't see that much of a benefit on the amp side.  You should just use the headphones unamped and buy the e07k somewhere down the line.

Anyways, if you are anything like most of the audiophiles here, this isn't going to be your last pair of headphones.  A decent amp/dac combination will be of real benefit in the future.

Mar 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #23 of 24
I second the Soundmagic HP100, and amp wise check the c&c BH amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back