Best neutral music player under 150$
Nov 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:
Yes why would you change it? It is so good... the other options aren't really upgrades. You probably are looking for an AMP more than a new player.

actually, my sansa clip zip can not be compared with my gf's ipod touch gen 1. although it sounds warmer, the mid and high is not clear and detailed, not as nice as the ipod.
Anyway, I believe that GR07 does not get benefit from an amp. 
I still wonder how ipod video gen 5.5 sounds. I heard it is the ipod which have best SQ around.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #18 of 24
This evening I decided to check out on the Colorfly C3. Well, it's great, but seems like it's still lack of something, something that could not fulfill my needs. It's like, its soundstage is better than my sansa, but the low, it's not thick, not so warm. It's very easy to listen and relaxing but I think I want more.

Do you have any recommend on the Ipod Classic gen 5 or 5.5? I will be very glad to know all your thoughts and opinions

Thanks in advanced

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #19 of 24
Why don't you get the 1st gen touch then? You already know it is better.

iPod
2ee69005.png
Wikipedia: The iPod is a line of portable media players designed and marketed by Apple Inc. The first line was released on November 10, 2001; its most recent redesigns were announced on September 12, 2012.

Nov 3, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #20 of 24
This evening I decided to check out on the Colorfly C3. Well, it's great, but seems like it's still lack of something, something that could not fulfill my needs. It's like, its soundstage is better than my sansa, but the low, it's not thick, not so warm. It's very easy to listen and relaxing but I think I want more.

Do you have any recommend on the Ipod Classic gen 5 or 5.5? I will be very glad to know all your thoughts and opinions

Thanks in advanced

Can I ask what earphones you're using with the C3 please? C3 low end is known to be very neutral there is no bass emphasis, what one would usually fo in this situation is find a warmer IEM for pairing. that's the audiophile way anyway. Sounds like you need something with EQ to make adjustments. Cowon C2.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #21 of 24
i used gr07 mk2. the colorfly c3 sounds neutral and full. but I did not feel a wow in my head. I guess it is personal taste. or may be a neutral DAP isn't what I need. anyway, I have just bought the iPod video. also not a big wow, but I feel that music streamed to my head easily.
I also test my gr07 with my gf's touch 1g plus an amp. it sound greater than non amp, though other say it do not need more juice. well, so I think I will get a LOD and an amp with iPod video.
thank you for your wisdom.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #22 of 24
i used gr07 mk2. the colorfly c3 sounds neutral and full. but I did not feel a wow in my head. I guess it is personal taste. or may be a neutral DAP isn't what I need. anyway, I have just bought the iPod video. also not a big wow, but I feel that music streamed to my head easily.
I also test my gr07 with my gf's touch 1g plus an amp. it sound greater than non amp, though other say it do not need more juice. well, so I think I will get a LOD and an amp with iPod video.
thank you for your wisdom.

I have sent you a private msg regarding a S9 I found for sale. Please check your msgs.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #23 of 24
The new Nano offers tight punchy bass and Samsung DAPs like P2, P3 has bassy output but still balanced. BTW I think your iPod experience will improve with AMP help(sound quality really improve with AMP include bass).

Nov 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
The new Nano offers tight punchy bass and Samsung DAPs like P2, P3 has bassy output but still balanced. BTW I think your iPod experience will improve with AMP help(sound quality really improve with AMP include bass).

yes, this is exactly what I am doing. I checked out the fiio e17 today. The bass boost option seem completes the ipod touch, full and round. The ipod gen 5 sounds warmer and has more bass, but its high rolls off a bit. I plugged the amp in, and problems went way.
I listen mostly to symphonic metal, sometimes other metal, country, 90s rock like Queen and bits of everything. :D. So i guess a I need some color in the sound.
Anyway, tomorrow I will check out the fiio e11 and buy me a headphone amp, for my new beloved ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back