Best Match for iBasso D12 and DX100: Westone 4R or Sony EX1000?
Oct 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Gauss1777

Head-Fier
I have come to just 2 options for my actual iBasso D12. After reading a lot I have not quite get the idea onto which one I would really like more, the Westone 4R or the Sony EX1000. Testing is not an option in my country and return back not even in dreams. It's going to be a request at a third party importer and sometimes the deal it's done after about a month.

I'm also thinking to get the next year the DX100, maybe at the middle of the year, will see.

By now I use a Sennheiser HD600 at home with a BottleHead Crack, delicious! The DAC I'm using is the same D12. Sometimes I think I should get a better DAC, but by now I'm happy with that combo. Sometimes I think it sound very digital and with not enough slam on the bass. Other hadphones I owned was the ATH-M50 and think the slam on the bass was fun but not quite delicious, I want a more romantic flavor yet accurate with sweet mids for female voices like Melua.

I am going to use the IEMS while working at a coffee shop programming. I don't wan't to carry a full size headphone with me so that's why I'm considering these 2 options at IEMs. My music it's all about Dave Mathews Band, Fletwood Mac, Katie Melua, some longe, trance and salsa. I think the HD600 quite match that music but I don't have that much experience with other combos, none.

From what I read the Westone could be something like the HD650, but with the iBasso D12? I don't know. The EX1000 some people say it has less bass than the Westone 4 some others say it has more. If it comes to be snappier yet with slam but not bloated bass I would like to try the EX1000. But what do you think? The romantic adjective that the EX1000 gets on some reviews is a turn on.

Could the iBasso D12 turn very diferent the sound signature of these 2 IEMS? Which one could make wonders or get an edge?

Which one could have an edge with salsa with or without amp? Cymbals, trumpets, piano...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back