Best IEM tips?
Feb 12, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #436 of 3,312
Feb 12, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #437 of 3,312
Do you know what the LLL, MML, SSL options mean on the Symbio Ws?

Its combination set of 3, price is for 3 sets, and size by your choice,
LLL = all L size
MML = 2 M size and 1 L size
SSL = 2 s size and 1 L size

unless you know exactly your fit size with symbio W, i suggest order all size (SML)

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #438 of 3,312
Do you know what the LLL, MML, SSL options mean on the Symbio Ws?

LLL Three large tips
MML Two medium, one large tip
SSL Two small, one large tip
etc.

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #440 of 3,312
How would you describe the differences (comfort, SQ) between Spiral Dots and Symbio tips (both tempt me).?

for terms of SQ, JVC spiral dots hold top class, ive been A-B ing with others tips, spiral dots have that dots, that actually tamed harsh peak, and made mid bass bleed like "loosen up" so became clear, while its wide bore same with normal wide bore, leave mid area straight and clear.
comfort also very good, doesnt feel itchy, and comfortable, it has short opening. Their silicone quite thick but soft. and 1 notable pros are they came in half sizing S - MS - M - ML - L. Cons of course its japanese import only and expensive.

symbio wide bore is okay too, provide better seal than spiral dots because of the foam inside the silicone, fit also maybe can fit a little bit better if spiral dots cant fit your canals. nothing changed in terms of SQ. but build quality wise i still prefer spiral dots, the rubber material on spiral dots feels more premium to me.

in case you want best of two worlds, i provided JVC spiral dots modding with memory foam in few pages behind.

Feb 13, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #442 of 3,312
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some new recommendations. I've got symbios, Spinfits, spiraldots, final audio...essentially almost all the good ones. Any other recommendations?

They are sitting on top chart of silicone tips, what else do you need buddy? :dt880smile: another good silicone is auvio but its like budget spiral dots, without the inside dots.

or do you wanna try foam types? comply T400 or S400, foam provides best fit, in trade off with reduced treble / highs

or something unusual? try radius deep mount, unique shaped tips that go deeper in your ear canals, good fit but not for everyone's comfort (feel weird at first)

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #444 of 3,312
Spiral Dots, best SQ and most comfortable.
My Symbios have been sitting there collecting dust.

Spinfit and Spiral are my top choices but living in the city gives advantage to Symbio (hurt after awhile) or Comply Ts (reduced treble)....
DynamicEars' mod does the job but somehow still hurts my ear after 3hrs or so

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #445 of 3,312
Spinfit and Spiral are my top choices but living in the city gives advantage to Symbio (hurt after awhile) or Comply Ts (reduced treble)....
DynamicEars' mod does the job but somehow still hurts my ear after 3hrs or so

try to reduce the volume of the foam inside, so it will loosen a bit

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #448 of 3,312

Users who are viewing this thread

Back