Best huge bass IEMs for under $50?
Jul 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:
Ok, I really am new to IEMs, and HI-FI sound in general... Whats the difference between these types of bass? I would assume sub-bass is like <70hz, and mid bass is 70-250hz-ish?

yup thats about it

mid bass is like punch and sub bass is like rumble

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #32 of 37
There is a version of the HA-Fx101 with the mic and ipod controls. I think the model number might be HA-FR201?

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:
Well i happen to know a pair of the S4s, I do like them. The fit is not horrible. I find it best if you turn them and let the cord drape over the top of your ears. I can usually fit them pretty far in to my ears comfortably. But they aren't that bass heavy. Don't get me wrong they do have great bass. might not be as much as you want though.

S4s sounded very bassy to my ears. If big mid bass hump is what you want, you might like it.

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:
if sony would have done something against the hurting highs, the xb41 would be a great phone. but sony must have a product developer with damaged earcanal as all of their phones have trouble with treble.

FWIR, the highs are piercing only when you have a crap sound source. But to each his own i guess.

Jul 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:
Please let me know how it turns out! These look awesome in design *and* have Dual Drivers  (15! mm and 7). 
If anything, I am wanting those probably the most as of now.. Let me know how the volume controls work too. 
EDIT: I will be out for a few days, so if I don't reply, dont worry :)

hey,m siorry for late reply - here are mu impressions on them: http://www.head-fi.org/t/605919/able-planet-dual-dynamic-driver-iems-impressions-thread/30

go to the third page for my impressions, or just read the whole thread - I guess all the able planets Dual Dynamics share the same sound... right now I'm listening to them and they are perfect for my needs - I mainly listen to classical and opera and some jazz. strings and vocals along with deep, rumbly but at the same time controlled and precise bass...

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:
Thanks for the replies everyone, great stuff to look at...

On another note, what do you guys all look for in IEs for bass? I mean, apart from trying them all, how can you tell the good from the bad? I mean, you can just go off of driver size (Eg, Monoprice < MG51), so what should I look for?

Its sort of a personal preference. I've grown to love the bass from my RE0's much more than my bass-heavy IEMs (Brainwavz R1 and Sony MH1C) simply because its more responsive and doesn't bleed into the other frequencies. Though there are times when I just want THUMP, and I usually will turn to the Sonys because their sub-bass extension is really quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back