Best huge bass IEMs for under $50?
Jul 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #16 of 37
I look for decent overall sound quality. I don't want bass that is too overpowering and that doesn't sound natural. The bass on the JVC HA-FX1X doesn't sound natural. The HA-FX101 seems more promising. I haven't bought it yet. The HA-FX1X is also very large and gives me fit issues. The panasonic RP-HJE450 has nice bass and good sound overall, however it is ported so it doesn't isolate well. The Meelectronics M21 seems promising. I haven't heard it yet, but read reviews of it. The reviews of the M31 seem to say that its bass is too overpowering, and sound quality overall is worse than the M21.

Jul 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #17 of 37
maybe you'd like somethingalong the lines of this they are onbly 30 bucks, have volume control and iphone control and the most amazing feature - dual drive, something like the DDM-s. if this is even a little close to DDM in sound signature, then you have a pretty good bass-head iem :)

I've ordered them myself some days ago and waiting for their arrival. Maybe, I'll even do a little review on these...

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:
maybe you'd like somethingalong the lines of this they are onbly 30 bucks, have volume control and iphone control and the most amazing feature - dual drive, something like the DDM-s. if this is even a little close to DDM in sound signature, then you have a pretty good bass-head iem :)

I've ordered them myself some days ago and waiting for their arrival. Maybe, I'll even do a little review on these...

Please let me know how it turns out! These look awesome in design *and* have Dual Drivers  (15! mm and 7). 
If anything, I am wanting those probably the most as of now.. Let me know how the volume controls work too. 
EDIT: I will be out for a few days, so if I don't reply, dont worry :)

Jul 21, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #20 of 37
I've been using my Klipch S4's for a while so I'll share my thoughts:

Initially they were very sibilant, but after many hours of burn in (70 or so) this died down and they became quite enjoyable. However, the bass isn't "huge," although I imagine you could simply EQ it up fairly effectively. That said these things are very enjoyable and I am quite pleased with my purchase.

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:
Reading this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-the-jvc-ha-fx40-page-83-jvc-ha-fx101-page-96 , I'd go with JVC HAFX101. It is $20 or less. It has mids and high to match the bass.

Yep, grab these for tons of nice bass.

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #23 of 37
if sony would have done something against the hurting highs, the xb41 would be a great phone. but sony must have a product developer with damaged earcanal as all of their phones have trouble with treble.

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #24 of 37
what type of bass would you like lot of sub bass or lots of mid bass or a balance of both?

imo if you want lots of subass and pretty good mids and highs then a mg5 would blow most of the stuff away

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #25 of 37
Ok, here goes. Got my monoprice 8320s today (bought them JUST as they went out of stock, hehe). My review after all of 3 minutes of burn in.

Came in a little plastic package after 3 days of shipping time, not bad. 1 pair of stock tips, little plastic construction (smaller size than I expected actually). Gaudy gold color, planning on giving them a paint job and maybe recabling to my apple volume control cables.

Sounds quality is good, way better than my currently most used apple iBuds, hearing a lot of detail than I have never heard in music (btw, these are my start in to IEMs and good sound quality :D ). Mids are pretty prominent, I will have to get used to this after my pretty recessed iBuds. Mids quality is great, lots of detail. Highs are ok, but a bit recessed. At least they are there though! I only can compare these to Skullcandy JIBs (discontinued) in terms of IEM bass, and to be honest, they completely blow them away in bass and sound detail. Pretty lacking in sub bass (I think), but they have enough bass for casual use (this is with stock tips, so it will probably improve much with foam tips). Isolation is pretty lacking, but is just how I like these for casual use- someone can still get my attention but it blocks most talking. Again, would be helped much with some other tips. 

Will work on fit, and will try to get a decent pair of tips for them. Will most likely recable them with apple volume control cables (or maybe make them detachable?  Its a project..). Will be looking into painting/dying them blue or black. A great buy for $7.11! I'm just a bit in shock now... my music sounds dramatically different than before... :O I feel like my ears have been opened. If there is better than these out there... wow..

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:
what type of bass would you like lot of sub bass or lots of mid bass or a balance of both?

imo if you want lots of subass and pretty good mids and highs then a mg5 would blow most of the stuff away

Ok, I really am new to IEMs, and HI-FI sound in general... Whats the difference between these types of bass? I would assume sub-bass is like <70hz, and mid bass is 70-250hz-ish?

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:
Ok, here goes. Got my monoprice 8320s today (bought them JUST as they went out of stock, hehe). My review after all of 3 minutes of burn in.

Came in a little plastic package after 3 days of shipping time, not bad. 1 pair of stock tips, little plastic construction (smaller size than I expected actually). Gaudy gold color, planning on giving them a paint job and maybe recabling to my apple volume control cables.

Sounds quality is good, way better than my currently most used apple iBuds, hearing a lot of detail than I have never heard in music (btw, these are my start in to IEMs and good sound quality :D ). Mids are pretty prominent, I will have to get used to this after my pretty recessed iBuds. Mids quality is great, lots of detail. Highs are ok, but a bit recessed. At least they are there though! I only can compare these to Skullcandy JIBs (discontinued) in terms of IEM bass, and to be honest, they completely blow them away in bass and sound detail. Pretty lacking in sub bass (I think), but they have enough bass for casual use (this is with stock tips, so it will probably improve much with foam tips). Isolation is pretty lacking, but is just how I like these for casual use- someone can still get my attention but it blocks most talking. Again, would be helped much with some other tips. 

Will work on fit, and will try to get a decent pair of tips for them. Will most likely recable them with apple volume control cables (or maybe make them detachable?  Its a project..). Will be looking into painting/dying them blue or black. A great buy for $7.11! I'm just a bit in shock now... my music sounds dramatically different than before... :O I feel like my ears have been opened. If there is better than these out there... wow..

did you made the "tape mod"?    huge improvment on bass and tames the mids and highs.

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #30 of 37
put some tape over the little holes just under de tips,not a the back... and let us know about the sound change.  i used simple paper tape. helps a lot,   but dont expect big huge bass like in the jvc o phillips.
if you need a picture i can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back