Best Headphones for Rush?
Oct 4, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #31 of 54
Rush is actually my favorite thing to listen to on my AIAIAI TMA-1's. They are a darker headphone when compared to most, but boy do they sound nice with rush.

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #32 of 54
Anybody who listens to a lot of Rush is A-ok in my book.
smile.gif

Actually for this price range, I recommend you give the K701/Q701 with Rush. The open sound stage really works for prog rock. Grados are a no brainer.

Personally, I usually reach for my HD800s, LCD-2s or HF-2s with Rush and Floyd.

Oct 4, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #34 of 54

I didn't see any adapter cables at monoprice - just adapter plugs - which I feel like always strain the jacks on the source... just personal preference there. 
Quote:
No need to spend even $15 on an adapter, go to Monoprice for an adapter. They are the same. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #35 of 54
I really like the Shure 940's for Rush as it brings out all the micro details/subtle nuances in their music. Neil's drum work and Geddy's articulate bass especially. My Grado 225i's and AKG 702's are good too. None of these cans have much bass though in the sense of more bass than what is "accurate" or "neutral".

I do mostly listen to Rush with my monitor speakers (with sub sometimes) because I prefer speakers over cans in general, but when I can't Rush sounds great with the 940's. Hell, Rush sounds great with any gear! You'll be sure to find something you like that will make you re-hear their music again.

Rush on! lol

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #37 of 54

Quote:
Anybody who listens to a lot of Rush is A-ok in my book.
smile.gif

Actually for this price range, I recommend you give the K701/Q701 with Rush. The open sound stage really works for prog rock. Grados are a no brainer.

Personally, I usually reach for my HD800s, LCD-2s or HF-2s with Rush and Floyd.

I just wish the Grados were closed! Do you think the SRH840's will be good closed options?

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #38 of 54

Quote:
I really like the Shure 940's for Rush as it brings out all the micro details/subtle nuances in their music. Neil's drum work and Geddy's articulate bass especially. My Grado 225i's and AKG 702's are good too. None of these cans have much bass though in the sense of more bass than what is "accurate" or "neutral".

I do mostly listen to Rush with my monitor speakers (with sub sometimes) because I prefer speakers over cans in general, but when I can't Rush sounds great with the 940's. Hell, Rush sounds great with any gear! You'll be sure to find something you like that will make you re-hear their music again.

Rush on! lol

Indeed, Rush is amazing on anything! I'm awaiting Clockwork Angels!

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #40 of 54
You'll be super happy with the SRH840. They have great detail and balance, Rush will come alive with them. Try Rush in Rio with those cans. You will enjoy yourself thoroughly.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #41 of 54
"There were tons of guys that were licking each other's basses." 

Every RUSH fan needs to see that movie. "I Love You Man"

Good choice on the cans. I use M50s for RUSH, it's good but probably could be better.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #42 of 54
With the dynamic percussive attacks of AL, the guitar(s) of NP, and with GL rock'in bass, vocals, and keyboards, Rush tends to have a pretty *big* sound. A component chain that brings power, speed, and bandwidth to the table can only help.

HD600 - wow, the guitar sounds pretty
RS-1 - yeah!

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #45 of 54
So I need a converter to 3.5mm, and presumably a case as well?
Any good cases out there?

Also, if I were to buy it from Amazon, would it still have the 2 year warranty from Shure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back