Best headphones around $100 to $150??
Jun 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

bobleb

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I bought a pair of Kliptsch s4i headphones last year and really liked them, but my girlfriend borrowed them for a trip and now she won't give them back :) I'm looking to buy another pair, but wondered if there are better headphones to get for around the same amount of money.

I'm also okay spending more than $150 if it's worth the price. For example, is it worth spending an extra hundred to get the Sennheiser ie 8?

Thanks,

Bob

Oh, and I should clarify, I'm looking for in ear headphones.

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 30
Jun 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 30
I thought there was a thread out there for newer people out there but I can't find it anymore. I am surprised to see that there aren't any
stickies.

I think you should start out by explaining what kind of music you listen to, and what kind of sound you expect from the phones. No one can 
recommend you something to your liking with only a price tag, especially with something as subjective as sound/music. Details on current location could probably help with deals that may occur around your area.

If you have time, maybe skim through the review thread, it helped me alot:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-244-iems-compared-yamaha-eph-100-monster-miles-davis-trumpet-06-19-12

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #10 of 30
Hey bob,

Welcome to head-fi.

There are absolutely tons of headphones within and beyond your price range, so in order to make a recommendation it would be helpful if you included some information as far as what you're looking for.

What sort of sound do you like? (ie bass heavy, balanced, analytical)
Music preferences?
what you liked about the s4

There is no objective way to suggest a "best" headphone in your price range, but rather one that may suite you better than others.

I'd also check out this thread which is a great resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back