Best headphones around $100 to $150??
Jun 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #17 of 30
Thanks for the help so far. I listen mostly to rock, hip hop, R&B, and pop. I have the JDS Labs cmoy Altoids amp and also the PA2V2.

I also have the Beyerdynamic DT770, but want the versatility of being able to hear great sound without looking like Princess Leah.

As far as what I'm looking for, I love being able to hear separation in the music and like a good soundstage. I also like that my S4's and the DT770 have some bass, but I don't feel like I get fatigued with it. I also have the JDS Labs amp with the bass boost if I need it.

Are the TF10's comfortable? I felt like the S4s were comfortable and cancelled out a lot of noise, which I liked. I would tend to forget my headphones were in. I guess I would say my biggest problem with a lot of earbuds is that they become uncomfortable for me.

Do the R-50's have a mic on them? Not a dealbreaker, just a bonus if they do. The reviews I've read about the R-50's seem good, but they all come from Techno Kid. Has anyone else tried them? I like the fact that they sound durable and seem like they have a good pounce per ounce.

The IE8 and GR07 seem like good options to me due to the overall consensus that these are great earphones. Would you say the sound improvement on the IE8 vs the GR07 is worth the extra money?

Jun 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:
Yep, the IE8 is the natural upgrade to the S4 if you ask me. I wouldn't get the new IE80. I feel like it just ruins the magic of the original IE8

I just read your review of the GR07 and you said that they're better than the IE8. Would you still recommend the IE8 or would you say the GR07?

Jun 26, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:
I just read your review of the GR07 and you said that they're better than the IE8. Would you still recommend the IE8 or would you say the GR07?

I think it's better, but it's different flavor all-together. In terms of midbass and soundstage, the IE8 wins. It's a pleasant, inoffensive signature. However, in terms of timbre (instruments sound like they do in real life), speed, low bass, mids, and highs, the GR07 is much better.

Not to mention, there's a sale right now on the silver ones for $130: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR07-grey-/320933554850?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ab9216aa2

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:
Sorry one more question. How do you think the IE80 ruins the magic of the original IE8?

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt, as the IE8 I had was burned in for over 1000 hours.

The IE8's soundstage is awesome. The mids are smooth and warm, and the sound is refined.

The IE80 I heard was noticeably grainier, lacked the refinement, and lost a bit soundstage I heard from the IE8. The bass isn't even all that either. There's a fair bit of it, but it doesn't have the snappy impact you usually hear from upper tier dynamics.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #23 of 30
Monster Turbine Miles Davis Tribute for cheap if you can find them.  If you can't, Triple.fi on Amazon.com black friday sale (they're run them 2 years in a row for $99).

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:
Monster Turbine Miles Davis Tribute for cheap if you can find them.  If you can't, Triple.fi on Amazon.com black friday sale (they're run them 2 years in a row for $99).

I haven't tried them, but people are going insane over this deal, in case the OP is interested. It's the actual Monster store, not some fake seller, but they are refurbished and they only ship to the US.

Jun 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

I haven't tried them, but people are going insane over this deal, in case the OP is interested. It's the actual Monster store, not some fake seller, but they are refurbished and they only ship to the US.

What does that do to the Monster Warranty?

EDIT: Neva mind... I found it:

Important Details on Monster Outlet Store Purchases:

• Products are limited to quantities on hand and only available while supplies last.
  • All Sales are Final. No returns will be accepted.
  • Individual items may come packaged in poly-bags in place of original retail packaging.
  • Products may be refurbished as noted in their descriptions.
  • Not all discounts, promotions or coupons offered by Monster apply to the Monster Outlet store, Friends and Family, spare parts and/or sale purchases.
  • A 90 day limited warranty applies to all purchases.
  • The processing of your order may take up to 4 BUSINESS days from the date the order is placed.
  • Orders are processed Monday thru Friday excluding U.S. Holidays.

Yepper, I wanna spend my money for only a 90 day warranty... Good Call Liz

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #27 of 30
Quote:
What does that do to the Monster Warranty?

EDIT: Neva mind... I found it:

Important Details on Monster Outlet Store Purchases:

• Products are limited to quantities on hand and only available while supplies last.
  • All Sales are Final. No returns will be accepted.
  • Individual items may come packaged in poly-bags in place of original retail packaging.
  • Products may be refurbished as noted in their descriptions.
  • Not all discounts, promotions or coupons offered by Monster apply to the Monster Outlet store, Friends and Family, spare parts and/or sale purchases.
  • A 90 day limited warranty applies to all purchases.
  • The processing of your order may take up to 4 BUSINESS days from the date the order is placed.
  • Orders are processed Monday thru Friday excluding U.S. Holidays.

You're right in that you don't get the Monster warranty but it still is the best you can get at that price range.

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:
You're right in that you don't get the Monster warranty but it still is the best you can get at that price range.

I have to disagree with you on that.  While the Monster MDT are a good IEM, for around $150 and under you can get the R-50, EPH-100, FXT90 and Atrio MG7 just to name a few and all of thoughs are just as good or better imo plus they're new not refurbished and you get at least a 1 year warranty with all.

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic 
beerchug.gif
 look it's said to be a great pair of IEMs and it costs about 3 times what they're selling it for, so even if warranty is crucial to some, many will still overlook this. I've had IEMs fall apart, I glued them back together. Worst case scenario you have to resolder. If I lived in the US and had the money I'd take that deal immediately.

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #30 of 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back