Best EQ setting on the ipod
Aug 13, 2010 at 9:02 AM Post #76 of 86

Quote:
My turbine coppers basically do the same thing your IE8s do in that situation. Not every heavy based song, but certainly a lot of them.

I think the distortion is because of the low quality amp built in the ipods. I plugged the same earphone into my mac (I added ultimate ear's airplane attenuator, so there is no hissing noise) and played the same track on iTunes with Bass Booster, and Acoustic settings, and there were noticeably less distortion. I wonder if headphone amps can eliminate the distortion.

I also found a song, "Infinite White" from the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen [Original Score]" (Yeah, I'm a Transformers fan) it has a lot of bass, and also a female vocal. So what I found out is that the female vocal is distorted around 0:48 (even without EQ).

Aug 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #77 of 86
Thats a very good question yliu. Not using an amp with my coppers. As I thought it would be a little overkill for use with just an ipod. Maybe I'm wrong? Regardless, not big fan of the ipods EQ anyway.

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #79 of 86
Whatever sounds best to you.  Certain headphones/IEM's have better synergy that other with certain settings but it still boils down to what the listener likes.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #80 of 86
NONE

Mar 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #82 of 86
Figured I'd necro this instead of making an exact same thread.

I have a pair of CK10's and IE8's that I run from an iPod Classic through a little Altoids CMoy amp.  Does anyone have a suggestion for an EQ setting for each that would be appropriate?  Looking especially at the IE8's, since that midbass hump is quite noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back