Best EQ setting on the ipod
Jun 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 86
I vote "Jazz."

Now watch some smartass say that the "Flat" EQ is their favorite.
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #3 of 86
I usually have it off as it drains my battery, but from time to time I'll use either the treble booster or bass reducer as those help make my bassier equipment sound better.

Jun 28, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 86
I have bass reducer because the K81/K518 is just crazy. And no, I can't be bothered to blue-tack mod it... this way works fine for me.

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 86
I found the stock EQ clipped really badly when I adjusted it, but the 5 band one through rockbox is much better. I usually use it to boost the 20-40Hz frequencies to accentuate bass/drum lines and reduce a wide range of the treble slightly to turn down the harshness of the highs on my ER4Ps.

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #9 of 86
Since I don't want to be a smartass, I'll say treble booster. I only do that once in a blue moon though when I listen to a rock song that really needs it. My battery only lasts a good 3 hours (I've been meaning to replace it ever since I've gotten it), so EQ would worsen it.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #13 of 86
i vote for off... since i have a lot of mix songs which requires different EQing, so i just left it off...

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #14 of 86
I agree with the comments that "off" or "flat" is the best. But if you're going to use one of the settings, rock and R&B are the only ones I can stand. I don't know who designed the iPod EQ but whatever they were paid was too much. Ironically, the iPod's onboard EQ is not equal to the EQ that comes with iTunes. The latter is not the world's greatest EQ either, but at least with it, I can manually set it and get some interesting effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back