Best cans for POWERFUL and RATTLING bass?
Dec 21, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #17 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Skullcandy Skullcrushers would like to have a word with you.

rolleyes.gif

Ah yes, I remember reading about these a while back on these forums. Wouldn't they fit the bill much better than the DT770s?

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #20 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by xluben
NO, don't get them.

Eh, why not? I know they have cheap build quality, but they're only $50-ish and are supposed to have monstrous bass!
basshead.gif

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #21 of 63
+1 on the Beyer 770s. Truly excessive Bass, and do not suck like Bose
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, just glancing at the article, I see:
-Which headphone?
-DT770
-What about bose?
-DT770
-But bose is good, right?
-DT770
-But bose must be for something?
-DT770

You've been answered, methinks, and only when flying pigs wearing parkas in hell exist, you'll find anyone here recommend Bose
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #22 of 63
I got the Aopen version (I guess Aopen sold them before SkullCandy bought them out and repainted them), and they really SUCK. It's hard to explain how bad they are. They do not have a lot of bass, they have vibrators for your ears, and not in a good way.

You could always go to Guitar Center and listen to the DT770's, and then go to the Apple Store or Target and listen to the Triports. I think the Triports might be decent for movies, but they are overpriced. I think the Koss UR40's are also good for movies, comfy w/quite a bit of bass. I had the Super.fi 5EB's and I felt they had much more bass than the DT770's, but that's just my opinion. You may get a better movie experience out of full size headphones.

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #23 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Eh, why not? I know they have cheap build quality, but they're only $50-ish and are supposed to have monstrous bass!
basshead.gif

No , seriously ..

I advice Bose , it just didn't come to mind .

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #25 of 63
don't buy bose it only encourages them. yes to the dt770 250 or the 650 but that needs recabling for best results.

Dec 21, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #26 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff
don't buy bose it only encourages them. yes to the dt770 250 or the 650 but that needs recabling for best results.

Seriously guys, what REALLY is wrong (sonically) with BOSE headphones (All jokes/flames aside)? I know that they aren't considered to have high quality sound, but I'm just looking for some nice movie 'phones with B-A-S-S; aren't BOSE headphones specifically marketed for this? Sure, they may sound like a POS when it comes to music and details and treble extension and what not, but if you just want to kick back with a nice, comfy pair of headphones with lots of bass to watch a movie with, wouldn't BOSE headphones suffice? The only reason I want to consider BOSE headphones is because they are cheaper than the DT770s and don't require an amp.

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #27 of 63
The reason most people don't like Bose is that they highly over price their headphones and other products and make them seem like they are the end of all products when there are many other better options IMO of course

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #28 of 63
I've listened to teh Bose and eh. The Bass isnt that great, it's more bloated than powerful.. listening wise, I find that tight strong bass like that of the 650s is ALOT more satisfying than the Bose which has quantity but no real speed or resolution to it..

(trust me, it has Bass, but it doesnt sound as good or dramatic..)

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #29 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Seriously guys, what REALLY is wrong (sonically) with BOSE headphones (All jokes/flames aside)? I know that they aren't considered to have high quality sound, but I'm just looking for some nice movie 'phones with B-A-S-S; aren't BOSE headphones specifically marketed for this? Sure, they may sound like a POS when it comes to music and details and treble extension and what not, but if you just want to kick back with a nice, comfy pair of headphones with lots of bass to watch a movie with, wouldn't BOSE headphones suffice? The only reason I want to consider BOSE headphones is because they are cheaper than the DT770s and don't require an amp.

I think the problems are:

1) Bose build quality is CRAP, and that's just their speakers. They sell their $1500 systems that have worse build quality than $200 boomboxes (literally). There are multitudes of headband snapping stories when it comes to Triports.

2) They cost nearly as much as the 770's, and like spacemanspliff said, buying stuff from Bose gives them money. They probably make $130 for every Triport sold.

It's just not worth the money, no matter what the bass sounds like. I sold my Triports when I got $30 PortaPros and realized that they sound better than the Boses (and had about the same amount of bloaty bass).

Dec 21, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #30 of 63
the dt770 gives you the most bass with that rattling feeling in your head. make sure you get the 250 ohm version since it has gobs more of that sweet bass. the 80 ohm version is more balanced overall, but for an all out assault on your eardrums make sure you get the 770-250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back