Best build quality ?
Jun 12, 2012 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

FrenchDavid

New Head-Fier
What earphones / brands have the best build quality ? Too many earphones have died on me because of cable issues, so I really want to make sure that build quality is one of the main criteria in my selection.

Jun 12, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 6
I have been very pleased with my ten year old plus set of Etymotic ER-4Ps.

The Manufacturers support and ability to rebuild this headset is also outstanding.

Jim

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I have been very pleased with my ten year old plus set of Etymotic ER-4Ps.

The Manufacturers support and ability to rebuild this headset is also outstanding.

Jim

Is Etymotic a reliable brand in general ? I'd like to find a very good earphones under $150 with great build quality, the ER4 are out of my range :frowning2:

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Is Etymotic a reliable brand in general ? I'd like to find a very good earphones under $150 with great build quality, the ER4 are out of my range :frowning2:

Yes, Etymotic's have excellent build quality.
Shure, Westone... almost all the good brands are generally good.

One brand I keep hearing failing is the Monster Turbine... also, the RE-0

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
What earphones / brands have the best build quality ? Too many earphones have died on me because of cable issues, so I really want to make sure that build quality is one of the main criteria in my selection.

what headphones have you gone through?
How do you store your headphones?

If you don't already, there are a few things you can do to extend the life of your headphones, such as use a 3-finger wrap, or a pocket-friendly case.

I personally use an altoids gum tin lined with duck tape, and i've gotten 3 years out of a pair of IEMs like that. I beat the heck out of those IEMs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back