Best balanced IEMs?
Jul 14, 2012 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

geoxile

100+ Head-Fier
Around $300 or less. Right now the JVC FX700s are my daily drivers but I guess I'm getting a little tired of the V signature and I'm missing the style of my old Brainwavz M1. I guess I could always just use them but I wouldn't mind trying out higher end IEMs.

Or perhaps something with the AD700's sound signature?

Jul 14, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Around $300 or less. Right now the JVC FX700s are my daily drivers but I guess I'm getting a little tired of the V signature and I'm missing the style of my old Brainwavz M1. I guess I could always just use them but I wouldn't mind trying out higher end IEMs.

Or perhaps something with the AD700's sound signature?

So do you want something that is neutral and still has good bass presence? The GR07 may be what you want then.  You could look into the Westone 4 but you may find them boring especially coming from the FX700s. The IE80s are still bass heavy but the mid range and treble are very much in line and not overshadowed like on the IE8. I actually consider my pair mid-centric.

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 10
How about the JVC HA-FXD80

They have a very slight v signature, and i do mean slight.

But they have a very open sound signature with lots of detail, the longer i burn them the more i love them.

Anyway here's the thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/612299/jvcs-micro-hd-line-revamped-for-2012-ha-fxd80-70-60/765

The RE262's are also a good neutral alternative that many love.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
So do you want something that is neutral and still has good bass presence? The GR07 may be what you want then.  You could look into the Westone 4 but you may find them boring especially coming from the FX700s. The IE80s are still bass heavy but the mid range and treble are very much in line and not overshadowed like on the IE8. I actually consider my pair mid-centric.

Actually, I'd like something that's mostly neutral but has forward mids and treble. I guess I'm looking for something that's slightly shaped like an A or something.

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Actually, I'd like something that's mostly neutral but has forward mids and treble. I guess I'm looking for something that's slightly shaped like an A or something.

New Etymotic HF5 or used ER4P.  Not sure how they match the AD700, but these fit your above sound signature.

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

You may like the EX1000 then or the model below it (MDR 7550).

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #9 of 10
w4 never boring to me..:p

i am having a ball with the denon c710 now..its GOT BASS...its got HIGHs..its got WIDTH..
and it unplugs easily. and its not expensive. NICE.

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #10 of 10
The most balanced IEMs that I have are the Westone 4 and the Meelec A161P. My favorite midrange is the RE262, but it really needs an amp to sound it's best. Still getting used to the 1.2 upgrade of the Aurisonics ASG-1, but it is much more balanced after the upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back