Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap
Aug 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #17 of 61

Quote:
Ike the turbine pros or MD tributes

They put Armatures in Turbine Pros and MD Tributes?!  Holy crap, didn't know that...  Always thought that they were dynamics. 

@OP: I really don't think any Armature may actually be good for Hip Hop, I could be wrong though.  I think your best bet is the TF10.  You can also try the Phonak Perfect Bass (I forget if this is a BA or not). 

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 61
Sorry to bring the thread back up but I'll will be buying incredibly soon maby tonight
So it's between the westone 3 MTPG and the future sonics atrio and the MD tribute
My main concern is bass and highs for hip hop and rap so which is the best choice for me
Atrio 150
MTPG 185
W3 263
MD 275

Btw I'm upgrading from klipsch s4i is this to big of a leap???

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #20 of 61

Quote:
Sorry to bring the thread back up but I'll will be buying incredibly soon maby tonight
So it's between the westone 3 MTPG and the future sonics atrio and the MD tribute
My main concern is bass and highs for hip hop and rap so which is the best choice for me
Atrio 150
MTPG 185
W3 263
MD 275

Btw I'm upgrading from klipsch s4i is this to big of a leap???

It'll be a noticeable leap.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #22 of 61
I currently own the Atrio M5 MG7.  They have AMAZING sub-bass.  When I bought them I expected a lot of bass but that isn't what you will get with the Atrios.  They have very little midbass but lots of sub-bass if the song calls for it.  I was a little disappointed with them when I got them in the sense that I was expecting loads of bass but after listening for a while I got used to them and really enjoy them now.  They provide excellent control of all frequencies but all I wish was that there was a slight midbass hump.
Also my ears are I would say medium/small.  Not exactly small and not exactly "medium" but closer to medium and they feel a bit too deep to me still and cause a bit of irritation.

In the end let me say this: if you are looking for an IEM that will give you a lot of control in all frequencies and sound really crystal clear then look at the Atrios.  If you want something that'll sound thumpin in bass like a car's subwoofer then these may not be for you since they don't have a lot of midbass.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #25 of 61
I never heard a w3 but own MTPG and I must say they have some killer bass, while still keeping a surprisingly well balanced mids and highs; definitely more bass biased, people here say its hard to match the quantity of bass (quality to a degree) even with top tier IEM's

I've been looking at some jvc FX 700's or some vsonic GR07's as a possible upgrade/sidestep to my MTPG's, have you considered those?

the GR07 has been compared to the ATH M50 and it seems the gr07 seems to take it on the sound quality, bass as well

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #26 of 61
I own a w3 and it's pretty good for hip hop.  The highs can be a bit sibilant at times but that's nothing some shure olives can't take care of.  The midbass on the w3 isn't quite as overblown as it is on the ie8's and I feel that makes it a little bit better in that regard. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #30 of 61
Why limit yourself to the Turbine line when there are other high end DD IEM out there? I think for hip-hop, I would probably go with the FX700. Their isolation is not as bad as what people like make it out to be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back