Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap
Sep 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #31 of 61

Quote:
ok so it comes down to the final 2 lol
Westone 3 and The MTPG
which would have more bass for hiphop and rap music

When I had the W3 hard-driving bass oriented music would make the driver trip up and clip. Not recommended by moi.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #32 of 61

Quote:

When I had the W3 hard-driving bass oriented music would make the driver trip up and clip. Not recommended by moi.

You sure yours wasn't defective? I've never had that problem before. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #34 of 61

Quote:

You sure yours wasn't defective? I've never had that problem before. 

I don't think so. I think it's just that some of my music collection is quite demanding on BA IEM's. TF10's did it, Klipsch Image X10, etc. The SM3 was about the only BA which survived unscathed, and conveyed this material with authority. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #36 of 61
Quote:
Hey guys I will probily go with a dynamic driver but some names have got my attention
Some of them seem to have some bass!!! I am a basshead trying to convert to less of one and a bassy ba IEM might just be my solution
Thanks

In my honest opinion, you need not look past the TF10. I'm wearing mine as we speak, and the TF10 handles bass heavy tracks effortlessly. I'd even go as far as to say it's more musical to my ears than the SM3, no ifs and buts. Their price:performance ratio is as good as the GR07/EX600 in my book.

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #37 of 61

Quote:
I currently own the Atrio M5 MG7.  They have AMAZING sub-bass.  When I bought them I expected a lot of bass but that isn't what you will get with the Atrios.  They have very little midbass but lots of sub-bass if the song calls for it.  I was a little disappointed with them when I got them in the sense that I was expecting loads of bass but after listening for a while I got used to them and really enjoy them now.  They provide excellent control of all frequencies but all I wish was that there was a slight midbass hump.
Also my ears are I would say medium/small.  Not exactly small and not exactly "medium" but closer to medium and they feel a bit too deep to me still and cause a bit of irritation.

In the end let me say this: if you are looking for an IEM that will give you a lot of control in all frequencies and sound really crystal clear then look at the Atrios.  If you want something that'll sound thumpin in bass like a car's subwoofer then these may not be for you since they don't have a lot of midbass.

Great description. I also feel too many people speak about the Atrio's as if it's just all bass but that is not nearly accurate. The Atrio's do infact do minds and highs extremely well, just listen to anything with strings, piano, female vocals, hard hitting guitar power chords etc etc, all this added to that luscious bass.

Quote:
Ok so just between the w3 MTPG and MD Tribute

I am confused how the Atrio dropped off your list after KitarP's description. Seems to me like they fit your requirements well.

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #39 of 61
If you are on a tight budget Atrio will do the trick. However, if you can afford it I'd recommend the MD. I owned both, but decided to sell the Atrio as I had issues getting a good fit/seal.

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #42 of 61
The ie8's are great but it's dynamic bass and not balanced armature like you want. 

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #43 of 61
Best Buy has the Miles Davis Tribute for $200. Great deal.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Monster+-+Miles+Davis+Tribute+Earbud+Headphones+-+Black/Gold/1114267.p;jsessionid=8A72E06B28BC9164579FA90B8BEF51B1.bbolsp-app05-31?id=1218222411668&skuId=1114267

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #45 of 61
I've never heard the IE8s but from every thread I've read on this forum that discusses them, it seems their bass is pretty untouchable; the only complaint I've heard is minor bloating from non-bassheads, which will doubtless be completely invisible to someone coming from the Klipsch S4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back