Best Amature type IEM for hip/hop and rap
Aug 30, 2011 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

jacobap100

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys I will probily go with a dynamic driver but some names have got my attention
Some of them seem to have some bass!!! I am a basshead trying to convert to less of one and a bassy ba IEM might just be my solution
Thanks

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 61
UE TF10Pro, SM3, Westone 3, UM3x, GR10 and CK100.

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 61
The TF10Pro offers quick, textured, deep, punchy bass and impact almost reach to the dynamic IEMs level(like IE8). The other frequencies like mids, highs are crisp, detailed (shows hidden details in music) and soundstage is wide, open.

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #8 of 61

Quote:
Hey guys I will probily go with a dynamic driver but some names have got my attention
Some of them seem to have some bass!!! I am a basshead trying to convert to less of one and a bassy ba IEM might just be my solution
Thanks

IMO If you like bass, it's not about reducing bass but balancing out the full spectrum. This means excluding all cheaper dynamic driver IEMs which have mostly mid-bass humps with little mids and crappy treble.

Get a higher end dynamic so you can enjoy your bass along with full presentation of mids and highs.

Check out the Future Sonics Atrio's which have the best sub-bass in the business and the mids and highs are clear and very present and smoooooth as! Or the JVC FX-700, Sony EX series EX600 onwards.

I hate the bass on balanced armature. Even with multi-bass drivers, the bass is never "real" and sounds artificial along with the absent sub-bass. For this reason, I love my Atrio's as they allow me to enjoy my bass without sacrificing mids and highs (and I have the MG5 Atrio, not the newer MG7 which has even better mids and highs!!)

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #10 of 61
For dynamic check Radius DDM2.
They are great IEMs for Hiphop
For BA go for eQ5
If you in Oregon, you can visit ALO audio in Portland and audition many great IEMs including Ortofons

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #11 of 61

Quote:
well i dont know zarims description of the tf 10 sounded pretty good

If I do get a dynamic it will be the Miles davis tribute or the monster turbine pro copper or gold

The problem with IEMs and hearing in general is the subjectivity of it all but when I auditioned the TF10's about 5 years ago, I was severely disappointed with them in terms of bass for my trance/vocal trance music. I am guessing someone who listens to hiphop will most likely be disappointed too.

Monsters are overpriced IMO and suffer for major durability issues.

Aug 30, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #13 of 61
Quote:
for your taste i think dynamic driver like the jvc fx-700 or VSONIC GR07 will provide more "colorful" sound for hip-hop music

100% agree.  Stick with a mid-higher range dynamic and you'll be much happier.  I personally listen to a lot of hip hop and rap with my VSonic GR07s and they are fantastic.  I also use the $40 Soundmagic e30s which are a little more bass oriented as well for when I hit the gym.

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #15 of 61

Quote:
Ok sounds good I heard that the gr07 are pretty neutral in terms of bass response
And I need at least decent isolation and I heard that the ddm 2 are still pretty poor at it

Yes DDM2, IE8 and FX700  do not offer very good isolation
deadhorse.gif

look elsewhere for isolation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back