Mar 25, 2011 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Ali 93

New Head-Fier
Will be used for Music, gaming and movies

Music - Drum and Bass

Gaming - All rounder

Movies- Movies like Iron Man that need to sweet bass for every step he takes

Mar 25, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 41
Possibly Audio Technica a700, or a900, if you can afford it go with the A900. The Ad700/Ad900 would be better for gaming, but lack the bass you'd want for DnB, though I must say things like High Contrast, Klute, Misanthrope, Noisia, and so forth do sound good on my Ad900, though it's lacking the sub bass.

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 41

Quote:
No to LCD-2.  It is definitely the T1, hands down!!!

And that's what I love about this hobby.  We all have our opinions. 
wink_face.gif

Really, a price range might be nice.  Otherwise someone might start throwing Stax system suggestions your way.  Ok...maybe the bass part makes that a little complicated.

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 41

Quote:
lol, you're right

I meant on the DT series. 
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Again, I think it all depends on budget and what you're willing to compromise on.  In a way, I think any headphone at almost any price is going to be a compromise...especially compared to a good speaker setup.  If bass presence and gaming are the OP's primary concerns, and the price range doesn't go past $500, I agree with keanex about the A700 or A900.  I personally haven't spent a lot of time with any Beyer DT series headphones, but the little time I have spent with them have usually not been really positive.  If the price range of the OP allows for it and the OP has a sufficient amp, the LCD-2, T1, and HD800 are options...all of which are different flavors.  I have my own opinion, of course, and I agree to disagree with people on many different points.

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #10 of 41
The A900 was my choice as well based on what I've been told and what i've read, they seem to be the best for generic tasks and especially good for their price range. They are also very comfortable and easy to wear for long periods. I'll be getting mine in a few days. Ordering after the bank clears my check.

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #11 of 41
Yeah...the A700 and A900 are pretty decent all-rounders...especially if you need closed and don't want to have to go too far into the amped route.

For the sake of disclosure, I do still have my pair of A700s hooked up to my computer which I use for gaming while my washing machine is running or something else noisy is happening around the apartment.  I've replaced the stock pads (after they were on the point of disintegration) with leather pads, and I really don't foresee a time I'd get rid of them.  On the other hand, most of my "real" listening is done on my other rig, which is an LCD-2 plugged into a Stacker 2 amp.

Mar 26, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #14 of 41
I'm not that fussed about gaming I have X1's for that. I would like a pair that are really good in the movies and music area that do a solid job. With bass I don't want them to be too overpowering just enough so it sounds nice and you get a nice experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back