Best all round headphones ?
Mar 27, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #31 of 41
I'm a Sennheiser fan so I would suggest them.

I suppose you couldn't go wrong with their higher end models like the HD 600. However, for me personally, I couldn't justify spending that much on a pair of headphones. I own the Sennheiser HD 203s and the eh 150s and I'm really happy with them.

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #32 of 41

Quote:
Yep, Audio Technica ATH - A900 can be gotten for £200 in UK.  That is another good one I keep hearing about.  How does it compare to Denon D2k?

I've never heard the D2000, but I've heard the D1001, which I'm sure they share similar qualities. The one in particular would be soundstage. The Denon D1001 don't have a particularly big soundstage which is nice to have for gaming. They were damn good for DnB though, which logically I would assume the D2000 would be as well. Also I just saw the post about A700/900 being overrated. Overrated would imply that people praise them endlessly, which simply is not the case, in-fact I haven't seen either talked about around here in a while. Suggesting the HD650 is a terrible suggestion, it's out of his price range for the headphones alone, not including needing an amp, and the Hd600 wouldn't have the bass he's looking for.

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #33 of 41
To above:

Which is why he should look into the HD 203s or eh 150s!

Unfortunately the eh 150s are discontinued and are thus priced a lot higher on amazon, but they are supposedly the older incarnation of the HD 203s, so you could probably go with them. I just think the 150s have more bass and a bit more of a fun, but closer sounding signature. They do sound different given they are almost identical.

But the 203s cost around $50 new, and the 150s will cost about the same or even as much as $100 on amazon.

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #35 of 41
OMG, they are soo expensive.

What about some Beyers? (DT series)

The time I saw Iron Man with my DT990s I was amazed... they go very deep, not like a subwoofer but close... the soundstage is amazing too, I watch fringe with them and many times I have to pause the video because I need to know if some noises are from the show or from the street... Playing Black Ops with them too... they are very confortable because your ears wont get warm, and I live in Mexico, so we get very warm here.

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #36 of 41
Of the DT series from Beyer, the DT880s are the most neutral/all around.  They don't cost that much either.  Really makes me wish I had a T1 instead though...

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #38 of 41

Quote:
Quote:
I've never heard the D2000.

Hmmmm.

What are you getting at here? I didn't recommend nor review the D2000. I commented on the D1001 and stated that the D2000 may have similar qualities. Reading Comp 101, you should take it.

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #41 of 41
To EZ of a question :D

Stax basic system all day & night long ~

Comes w amp & phones

Best soundstage - I use them for gaming too

Bass detailed & great w Low Low EQ   ... ( I also own sony xb700)  ... Stax destroys them in 'Quality' Bass & goes deeeeep

Best detailed Real Sound

less expensive than lcd 2 as well & way better soundstage & detail

lcd 2 has really good bass tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back