Beoplay E8
Dec 13, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #436 of 581
Gave these a couple weeks of continuous use. I mean walking, driving (one ear), Running (HiiT, Sprinting), even used them in the shower.
I purchased Hybrid buds (comply + Poly). i think I paid 14usd
Sound: Great for what it is, i got the best sound from the stock comply. I balanced the sound on the app. 35% Enlarged circle with 3/4 of the circle in excited ; 1/4 in Warm
With the hybrid buds I loved the soundstage better highs more technical , lows a bit punchy, lacked the sub-bass from stock comply which was ok to sacrifice for better highs
but I feel like the buds were imbalanced. I used small, medium, and large with the same sound result: Right side sounding louder than the left>
When I did my normal cardio the buds werent as stable as the stock comply resulting in an "in-n-out" sound from my up and down running motion,

The deal breaker for me:
Wear fatigue. The comply would expand in my canal and have a nice secure fit. After about 1.0-1.5 hrs my ears were sore. I listen to alot of music and pod casts so I can wear my headphones-buds an average 2-3 hrs a day.

I paid 199 brand new. I thought these could replace my over-ear Vmoda and be used as a versatile bud (calls, taking showers, workouts).
For what I want to do I feel like I would be better off upgrading the vmoda CFCodex for $250 and getting water proof buds for podcast listening/phone calls.

The functionality was great and despite what people have said I hav e never had issues using voice commands, using the touch commands and I never had disconnections. I can say I used these everyday for the passed 14 days averaging 3 hrs with breaks after about 1-1.5 hrs
Towards the last few days I was hesitant to wear them because of the fatigue that would ensue.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #437 of 581
Gave these a couple weeks of continuous use. I mean walking, driving (one ear), Running (HiiT, Sprinting), even used them in the shower.
Sound: Great for what it is, i got the best sound from the stock comply. I balanced the sound on the app. 35% Enlarged circle with 3/4 of the circle in excited ; 1/4 in Warm
With the hybrid buds I loved the soundstage better highs more technical , lows a bit punchy, lacked the sub-bass from stock comply which was ok to sacrifice for better highs
but I feel like the buds were imbalanced. I used small, medium, and large with the same sound result: Right side sounding louder than the left>
When I did my normal cardio the buds werent as stable as the stock comply resulting in an "in-n-out" sound from my up and down running motion,

The deal breaker for me:
Wear fatigue. The comply would expand in my canal and have a nice secure fit. After about 1.0-1.5 hrs my ears were sore. I listen to alot of music and pod casts so I can wear my headphones-buds an average 2-3 hrs a day.

I paid 199 brand new. I thought these could replace my over-ear Vmoda and be used as a versatile bud (calls, taking showers, workouts).
For what I want to do I feel like I would be better off upgrading the vmoda CFCodex for $250 and getting water proof buds for podcast listening/phone calls.

The functionality was great and despite what people have said I hav e never had issues using voice commands, using the touch commands and I never had disconnections. I can say I used these everyday for the passed 14 days averaging 3 hrs with breaks after about 1-1.5 hrs
Towards the last few days I was hesitant to wear them because of the fatigue that would ensue.

Give the Sony triple comfort tips a try, they are the middle ground between comply foam and silicon tips - it's foam but not as spongy as the comply so they don't expand as much and not as irritating to the skin, while like silicon tips they don't break as easily as the comply.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #438 of 581
I’m glad others are pointing out the skin irritations with the foam tips. Mine are as dry as, and I am getting cuts in them because they are so sensitive. I will switch to the silicon ones now

Dec 14, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #439 of 581

The deal breaker for me:

I use the Spin fit CP100-L and they seal great and provide great comfort and fit in the case.

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #441 of 581
Fit, unfortunately, is a very subjective issue and it seems sdja619 may be out of luck here. Your ear canals may be a little smaller than usual thus the soreness. You've already tried tip-rolling so...i dunno, some things you just can't force.

Spinfits are my go-to tips but they made the audio on the E8 sound a little distant. Ended up with the Symbio Mandarines and that's what I've been using ever since. No fit issues here.

Dec 17, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #442 of 581
Fit, unfortunately, is a very subjective issue and it seems sdja619 may be out of luck here. Your ear canals may be a little smaller than usual thus the soreness. You've already tried tip-rolling so...i dunno, some things you just can't force.

Spinfits are my go-to tips but they made the audio on the E8 sound a little distant. Ended up with the Symbio Mandarines and that's what I've been using ever since. No fit issues here.

I have the symbio Mandarines as well. I forgot the name at the time of previous post. They look so nice and I have not tried spin fits but I really prefer the seal on comply
The B&O comply still gave me better sound over the symbios. If the symbios were stable during a run I’d try to put up with it but it really annoyed me during jog/sprints.

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #443 of 581
Anyone have issues with the battery in the left bud dying before the right bud?
I have three sets of e8's. All seem to have the left side drained after sitting for a day or two. I bought them untested parts/repair on ebay and was excited that they all worked. Is this normal?

Is that really bono or is it photo shopped?

Dec 19, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #446 of 581
Both my left and right unit last over 4 hours on a full charge

Dec 19, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #448 of 581
Mine do to when's its fully charged but the case loses charge quickly even if it's not being used.
If you don't use your how long will it hold a charge?

No idea

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #449 of 581
My question was when they sit out of the charge case do both speakers still power up the next day? It is like the left bud is draining power for some reason even when not in use, it should not just run out of batteries when not in use. So something must be draining the battery on the left side.

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #450 of 581
My question was when they sit out of the charge case do both speakers still power up the next day? It is like the left bud is draining power for some reason even when not in use, it should not just run out of batteries when not in use. So something must be draining the battery on the left side.

As far as I know they only turn off when put back in the case and I always put them back when not in use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back