Beoplay E8
Mar 19, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #466 of 581
Has anyone encountered any problems with the headphones not turning on even when they indicate they've been charging.

I've had mine for about a year and this is the first time I've had any troubles with them. I just stopped using them after half an hour of listening and then 10 minutes later when i tried to turn them on again they wouldn't turn on.

I'm getting in contact with support now but I was wondering if something similar happened to anyone else and if so was there a possible fix.

Mar 19, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #467 of 581
Has anyone encountered any problems with the headphones not turning on even when they indicate they've been charging.

I've had mine for about a year and this is the first time I've had any troubles with them. I just stopped using them after half an hour of listening and then 10 minutes later when i tried to turn them on again they wouldn't turn on.

I'm getting in contact with support now but I was wondering if something similar happened to anyone else and if so was there a possible fix.

If the case is completely discharged the buds wont turn on even if they have charge

Mar 19, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #468 of 581
If the case is completely discharged the buds wont turn on even if they have charge
The case is fully charged (with the 2 white dots) and when i put the headphones in the green light appears indicating they are both fully charged.
I think the issue has something do do with the earphone itself because it just won't respond to being touched in any capacity

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #469 of 581
Hi ! Please anybody help me !
Today I bought this headphone , I followed the instructions but it doesn't turn on...
I put the charger on my MacBook and my iPhone charger but this doesn't work.
Any solution ? Or take it straight away....
I'm very sad !
Thanks for your answer !

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #470 of 581
Hi ! Please anybody help me !
Today I bought this headphone , I followed the instructions but it doesn't turn on...
I put the charger on my MacBook and my iPhone charger but this doesn't work.
Any solution ? Or take it straight away....
I'm very sad !
Thanks for your answer !
Sorry to hear that. Should not be complicated. Sounds like you have tried the recommended instructions. Therefore I would return them....Hope you will get it fixed. Best wishes

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #471 of 581
I’ve had the v 2.0 for a week or so at this point.

In general I’m somewhat disappointed.

The controls are not great. For instance I take them out of the case, put them in my ear and get the connection beep, and then need about four goes with tapping the right bud for it to play. Most of the time I end up going to my iPhone and pressing play. From have a near perfect experience with Airpods I find this quite jarring. The buttons are capacitive, I think, and sometimes work, sometimes don’t. Frustrating.

The worst thing is the crackling. Someone early on here mentioned the crackling, and I get it on about 30% of songs (these are 256AAC). Worse is podcasts, where the cracking is more pronounced. It sounds less like connection issues and more a converter issue when playing back the audio.

I’ve reached out to B&O (tried this a few times through their support section on the iPhone app, with no response, so not great service there) and I’m *hoping* these are firmware issues which can be resolved. I see that the firmware version on these 2.0s are 5.0, which suggest another one is coming soon (point zero releases are never without issues).

Still, these cost £300. I expected more. Sound wise I love them; clear, spacious and very energetic. Discomfort is a bit of an issue. After a while my ears hurt, and I constantly feel the pressure against my ear which is probably just me getting used to them. Again, coming from Airpods I’m less happy. If only Apple focused on sound quality and isolation with their Airpods, likely I wouldn’t purchase the E8s. Anyway, that’s a story for another day.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Hi all!

Have you noticed the cracking doesn’t occur when volume is set to max? That’s in my case.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #472 of 581
Is that because you've deafen yourself with the high volume? I have my volume set to about 50%, wouldn't be possible to go above 70% without being in pain. (Device: Samsung S10)

I haven't noticed any crackling and could be down to the device. I noticed that Apple user tend have issues with sound quality.

Apr 1, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #473 of 581
Hey folks, I recently purchased the E8's and wanted to add my experiences so far. I owned a pair of Sennheiser momentum true wireless a month or so back, so most of my thoughts are in terms of how the two IEM's compare.

Sound: so far I'm really impressed with the E8. Some reviews i'd seen gave the impression the E8 sound was only so-so and not in the same league as the MTW. This has not been my experience at all - although I haven't tested them back to back I would say, in terms of sound, they are quite comparable. Similarly large sound stage and an overall full sound with decent clarity. From memory, I feel like the MTW might have felt more full whereas the E8 is a bit more detailed. But for me there's really not a lot in it. They both sound great for day to day use.

I had heard some mention that the E8 and/or MTW were too quiet or lacked bass. For me, they're both fine. I would typically listen to these IEM's with my iPhone 8 at 50-70%. Occasionally I might crank a song on max, but it quickly starts to feel uncomfortable, so its not something i'd do often and I never find myself wishing I could go louder.

The bass criticism is a little more understandable for certain people. I would consider the E8 and MTW to have quite a neutral sound where the bass is definitely present, but not over-emphasized. You can enhance it a little using the software, but if you like huuuuge bass that's not as much of an option here, so perhaps I can understand if bassheads might look elsewhere.

Comfort: The E8's and MTW's have a similar physical shape, but the E8's are a bit more rounded and notably less bulky. In my case this is the difference between being able to fit the IEM's inside my motorbike helmet for commuting. The E8's are a bit tricky to get my helmet over, but otherwise pretty comfortable, while the MTW's due to their size either don't fit or are painfully forced into my ear. This scenario obviously won't apply to many people, but its one example of a larger unit having less utility.

The E8's also come with a wider range of tips, so where the MTW's XS was still too big for me, with the E8 both S and XS were acceptable. In addition, the E8's include a medium comply isolation tip. After much experimentation I decided this was actually a bit too big, but because of the range of options given with the E8 I had enough information to know what to try next. I picked up a pack of small comply tips and they've been fantastic!

Connection: With the 5.6.0 firmware a lot of the E8's biggest issues appear to be resolved, but I definitely still experienced a few niggles. Most notably the E8's can be a little slow to connect - after putting them on there's several seconds of tapping the button and checking my phone before they come alive. On a couple of occasions I've resorted to returning them to the case to see if that resets them, but this is happening less as I get used to the E8's quirks.

The E8's also clip here and there, I assume from interference - you experience a split second cut out in whatever you're listening to. This seems to be very dependent on environment, since I get a bit more of it at home, whereas at work or commuting it happens very little. Its not a deal breaker, but its definitely annoying so fingers crossed this gets fixed in a future firmware update.

In my experience, the MTW's didn't have any of these issues. They connected instantaneously without even needing to push buttons, and I can't remember them clipping at all the way the E8's do. In addition the MTW's seemed to have a slightly better range - I could go almost to the other end of my yard (10m?) while leaving my phone charging in the window. With the E8's I have to stay a lot closer, but this is not a hard thing to work around.

Transparency: This is a feature that works seamlessly on the MTW, but is a little hit and miss on the E8. The MTW's reproduction of background sounds is so good you sometimes forget its coming through a microphone. In contrast the E8 can have this bizarre digitized representation of the world where near and far sounds are mixed up and random sounds like crinkling paper get ultra boosted. Less complex environments such as an office are more passable than others. Playing around with the transparency level can also help.

In practice I use this feature sparingly on either IEM. It can occasionally help in case you didn't realize someone is talking to you, but since I still prefer to take out either earphones to have an actual conversation, the advantage of the MTW somewhat cancels out.

Controls: I slightly prefer the E8's controls. The MTW tries to keep all playback controls on one side, but this means using the always finicky triple-tap for going back a track. The volume controls on the MTW are also a little too responsive.

Design: The design of both the E8 and MTW is quite similar, but the contrast of polished plastic and matte rubber on the E8 has a higher quality feel, whereas the MTW feels overly plastic-y. The logo on the E8, is also a lot more subtle compared to the chrome-sticker looking Sennheiser logo, but this is a personal preference. The charging cases for both IEM's look great, but the leather finish of the E8 seems the more durable and cleanable of the two.

Battery: I understand the E8 has slightly better battery life than the MTW, but this wasn't an issue for me with either IEM.

Microphone: I didn't bother testing the microphone. Since I take few phone calls this is not a critical factor, but my expectations for a tiny microphone that far from my mouth are pretty low.

In summary, very happy with the E8. If the bulkiness of the MTW was not a concern, many people might prefer it over the E8, particularly due to having less connectivity issues. The E8 is typically a bit cheaper and I prefer its design, but the main reason I would take it over the MTW is comfort. Due to its compact design I can wear it more comfortably for a wider range of day to day applications.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #475 of 581
The E8 is typically a bit cheaper and I prefer its design, but the main reason I would take it over the MTW is comfort. Due to its compact design I can wear it more comfortably for a wider range of day to day applications.

Main reason I returned the E8s was discomfort.
Best fit was comply. I even purchased aftermarket buds that were half comply half silicon. It was more comfortable but the E8s weren’t stable in my ear when running. I don’t blame the E8s I think it’s the general design of all buds. I need something that hangs on my ear for IEMs otherwise I’ll stick to BT over-ears.

Apr 6, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #476 of 581
About a year ago, I bought some E8s and although I liked the sound, both units I tried would consistently cut out when I turned my head to the right..

Yesterday I thought I would give them another go. Initially I was able to pair my Samsung S8 phone, and all seemed well. I decided to see if there was an update available, yet neither the B&O or the Beoplay apps would detect my E8s. I tried also with an Ipad, unsuccessfully. I called support and they were unable to assist, and sent me instructions for resetting the units. I unpaired them from my phone and Ipad, then the blue flashing LED light appeared and stayed in that state for an hour. Now the light is off, but I cannot get any life from the units. If I hold both earbuds for 10-20 seconds this is meant to reset them, but nothing happens. As an aside the B&O logo on the right bud is not aligned straight compared to the other, minor, but irritating nonetheless and shoddy QA in my opinion. I am about the RMA them but wondered if there was anything else I can try?

Apr 7, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #477 of 581
About a year ago, I bought some E8s and although I liked the sound, both units I tried would consistently cut out when I turned my head to the right..

Yesterday I thought I would give them another go. Initially I was able to pair my Samsung S8 phone, and all seemed well. I decided to see if there was an update available, yet neither the B&O or the Beoplay apps would detect my E8s. I tried also with an Ipad, unsuccessfully. I called support and they were unable to assist, and sent me instructions for resetting the units. I unpaired them from my phone and Ipad, then the blue flashing LED light appeared and stayed in that state for an hour. Now the light is off, but I cannot get any life from the units. If I hold both earbuds for 10-20 seconds this is meant to reset them, but nothing happens. As an aside the B&O logo on the right bud is not aligned straight compared to the other, minor, but irritating nonetheless and shoddy QA in my opinion. I am about the RMA them but wondered if there was anything else I can try?
I think you've tried it all. I RMAd mine last week for battery issues, we'll see what happens soon.

Apr 7, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #478 of 581
Mine have worked out pretty well for me so far though I don't use them super frequently. Came to note a big positive on durability: yesterday I sent the right bud flying across the garage when I removed a dust mask; it ricocheted off of my car and bounced off the concrete floor pretty hard. No apparent damage.

Apr 11, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #480 of 581
Has anyone done a comparison between the E8s and the Havit G1s?

Yes I have posted a fairly extensive comparison in the general true wireless thread about 6 months ago though both have now been replaced as my daily driver by the Earin M2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back