Beoplay E8
Dec 20, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #452 of 581
The right pair does turn off after a few minutes when not in the case. But it's impossible to tell if the left earbud ever truly turns off. Would make sense if they didn't, as there would be no way to turn them back on without using the case otherwise.

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #453 of 581
I did some more testing of mine. I found I can let both buds run music without one turning off if I leave them sit on a table right next to each other. With ambient sound on and music running they go for about 4 hours then the left shuts down, but right still has about 20-25% of battery. Today testing another pair total run time without ambient sound on.
So seems like they work well enough but still even if there is a full charge on them the left has no power the next day if they sit outside the case. Can anyone charge theirs up completely and sit over night?... Please?

Jan 2, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #455 of 581
Has anyone updated to the new B&O app?

Strangely it says I currently have 86% battery left but on the widget and on the display of the iPhone it shows 100%!

Anyone else have mismatched information?

The widget on the iPhone only have 4 steps to it so 86% on the buds would show as full. The app on the other hand displays the exact percentage

Jan 21, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #458 of 581
I am still wondering about the left speaker draining when off. Anyone test this? Again the left speaker will be completely dead if it sits out of the case overnight.

Jan 21, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #459 of 581
Feb 26, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #462 of 581
To remove Spotify from the discussion, I found "Shards of Heart" on Daniel Ketchum's SoundCloud page. You can hear the same right bud issue in the SoundCloud version. This distortion is not present on the Sony WF1000x, the Bragi Dash, the Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless, the Shure SE846 or the 1-More Quad Driver.

Did you ever discuss this with B&O support? Any updates?
Listened to the song now with E8 2.0, and it's awful! I've heard it on many songs, but this is the best example.
I returned a faulty set of Sennheiser MTW, and that also had this crackling. Senn' say they will fix it in an update late March.

I've sent a long email to B&O now, discussing the crackle and the (what I call) SBC noise on the left. Due to NFMI transfer from left to right, and NFMI use SBC
(for you who haven't read my findings at the "Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?" thread.)

Mar 3, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #463 of 581
I’ve had the v 2.0 for a week or so at this point.

In general I’m somewhat disappointed.

The controls are not great. For instance I take them out of the case, put them in my ear and get the connection beep, and then need about four goes with tapping the right bud for it to play. Most of the time I end up going to my iPhone and pressing play. From have a near perfect experience with Airpods I find this quite jarring. The buttons are capacitive, I think, and sometimes work, sometimes don’t. Frustrating.

The worst thing is the crackling. Someone early on here mentioned the crackling, and I get it on about 30% of songs (these are 256AAC). Worse is podcasts, where the cracking is more pronounced. It sounds less like connection issues and more a converter issue when playing back the audio.

I’ve reached out to B&O (tried this a few times through their support section on the iPhone app, with no response, so not great service there) and I’m *hoping* these are firmware issues which can be resolved. I see that the firmware version on these 2.0s are 5.0, which suggest another one is coming soon (point zero releases are never without issues).

Still, these cost £300. I expected more. Sound wise I love them; clear, spacious and very energetic. Discomfort is a bit of an issue. After a while my ears hurt, and I constantly feel the pressure against my ear which is probably just me getting used to them. Again, coming from Airpods I’m less happy. If only Apple focused on sound quality and isolation with their Airpods, likely I wouldn’t purchase the E8s. Anyway, that’s a story for another day.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #464 of 581
I’ve had the v 2.0 for a week or so at this point.

In general I’m somewhat disappointed.

The controls are not great. For instance I take them out of the case, put them in my ear and get the connection beep, and then need about four goes with tapping the right bud for it to play. Most of the time I end up going to my iPhone and pressing play. From have a near perfect experience with Airpods I find this quite jarring. The buttons are capacitive, I think, and sometimes work, sometimes don’t. Frustrating.

The worst thing is the crackling. Someone early on here mentioned the crackling, and I get it on about 30% of songs (these are 256AAC). Worse is podcasts, where the cracking is more pronounced. It sounds less like connection issues and more a converter issue when playing back the audio.

I’ve reached out to B&O (tried this a few times through their support section on the iPhone app, with no response, so not great service there) and I’m *hoping* these are firmware issues which can be resolved. I see that the firmware version on these 2.0s are 5.0, which suggest another one is coming soon (point zero releases are never without issues).

Still, these cost £300. I expected more. Sound wise I love them; clear, spacious and very energetic. Discomfort is a bit of an issue. After a while my ears hurt, and I constantly feel the pressure against my ear which is probably just me getting used to them. Again, coming from Airpods I’m less happy. If only Apple focused on sound quality and isolation with their Airpods, likely I wouldn’t purchase the E8s. Anyway, that’s a story for another day.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
I don't have any crackling issues or disconnect issues but I do have battery issues and I've been in talks with support at B&O. That's weird that have not responded to you, they always get back within a day every time.
How's your battery life? Case and buds.

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #465 of 581
I don't have any crackling issues or disconnect issues but I do have battery issues and I've been in talks with support at B&O. That's weird that have not responded to you, they always get back within a day every time.
How's your battery life? Case and buds.

Difficult to tell. I work in a busy environment - where I use these the most - and am often interrupted/at meetings etc. I tend to put them back in the case a lot, and I stick the case on a QI charger a bit, so hard to comment. No problems I can report on, anyhow.

Love the case, btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back