Beoplay E8
Oct 26, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #407 of 581
Agree with Natalieann, these are exceptional in sound and operation, just got the new apple watch and they operate seamlessly between the phone and watch

Oct 26, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #408 of 581
Hey guys looking into these e8, have b&o fixed some of the problems with firmware updates? Or are there still some problems.

I still get random very short drop outs on the left unit and the microphone is less than ideal for phone calls. Despite these problems I still like them

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #409 of 581
I still get random very short drop outs on the left unit and the microphone is less than ideal for phone calls. Despite these problems I still like them
And then of course still the problem that the left doesn't work when it's taken out from a decharged (no power) case. I doubt that this can be fixed with a firmware update. Slightly annoying, but despite this I still love mine with the comply tips......

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #410 of 581
Hi everyone!
Long time reader / first time poster here on Head-Fi.
A big thank you to all members for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Having said that, I want to comment about my experience with the E8's.
I bought the "Racing Green" a couple of months ago and I quite happy.
I previously owned the SE535 (first wired and later with the bluetooth cable).
I find the E8's much better sounding (compared to the wireless sounding Shure), with no hiss (unless the Shure's).
Also the Shure's "Low Battery" voiced-warning was unbearable.

I did experience the issue of the left earphone turning off before than the right one. It happened 3 times in a row,
so I decided to charge only the left unit until the green LED was on, later I did the same with the right unit. Unsurprisingly the left unit charged in 1h:30m and the right one in 0h:25m. After I did that procedure I never had the issue again.
I also suffering from some dropouts (both left and right) when using them with the iPhone XS, no issues before with the iPhone X.

The overall build quality of these seems great, however the paint in the charging magnet started to peeling off.
One member in this thread mentioned this as well. I have this on both units, also on my GF's ones. I cannot upload pictures yet, but I will as soon as enabled to. I'm attaching a review picture that shows the issue.

I'm curious about if this happening to other users as well. Sadly both the pink and the white editions comes with the magnet in natural finish instead of being painted, so they won't suffer from this.

I have an open case with the customer support at B&O. However they cannot assure that I will get the same color. I'm not sure if I got a faulty (2 really) unit of is something more spread, since this post. Thank you for your help!

bang-olufsen-beoplay-e8-2017-06.jpg

Oct 28, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #411 of 581
Hi everyone!

I did experience the issue of the left earphone turning off before than the right one. It happened 3 times in a row,
so I decided to charge only the left unit until the green LED was on, later I did the same with the right unit. Unsurprisingly the left unit charged in 1h:30m and the right one in 0h:25m. After I did that procedure I never had the issue again.

Good tip diegouy - I have not tried that method and the left bud going dead is probably my one significant gripe with the unit.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #412 of 581
One thing I've noticed with mine is that when you put them in the case the magnet does not always pull them into the right spot. I always give them a wiggle to ensure that they are making good contact. You can feel them move to the correct location every once in awhile.

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #413 of 581
One thing I've noticed with mine is that when you put them in the case the magnet does not always pull them into the right spot. I always give them a wiggle to ensure that they are making good contact. You can feel them move to the correct location every once in awhile.

Never have had that problem

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #414 of 581
Any notice popping/crackling when listening to Muse’s new album through Tidal and iTunes? It’s only on some songs like “Dig down”. Can someone please check for me. You can play the sample on iTunes and it is present on that too. I’ve noticed it on Drakes “Hold on I’m coming home” too.

Nov 19, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #416 of 581
15426755702912446570482429947699.jpg
I'm not hearing any cracking or popping with Tidal Hifi into Onkyo DP-X1 and Alclair RSM CIEMs.
I don't hear it with my E8s using my Onkyo either.
Is it subtle or obvious?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #417 of 581

I'm not hearing any cracking or popping with Tidal Hifi into Onkyo DP-X1 and Alclair RSM CIEMs.
I don't hear it with my E8s using my Onkyo either.
Is it subtle or obvious?

Thanks for checking. It’s obvious unfortunately. iTunes is the same. Only happens on some tracks. It’s the headphones unfortunately. Spotify is fine which is strange.

Nov 26, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #418 of 581
Found an awesome deal on “offer up”
for $140 Brand new in box.
I met up with the guy to purchase.
Box looked really nice, packaging intact, and had good heft. What I found off was the wrap went over the hanger loop.

First thing I noticed is the case was not leather and had minimal crackle stamping. the hinge felt flimsy upon operation.
The cord on the case was not braided but more like round leather shoestring.
The fittings came in 3 separate bags and comply buds were a different texture than what I’ve seen in reviews.
What made me not get the E8s was that the B&O app could not find the device. Given that I needed the EQ for these bad boys there was no way I would purchase these without that operation.
The touch function worked great, the buds did not feel cheap or flimsy. Only the accessories that came with it. I have never tried an in-store pair but these fake pair had a great sound stage. Do you guys think there were refurbished pairs and had crappy cases?
I just couldn’t bring myself to buying them.

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #419 of 581
Found an awesome deal on “offer up”
for $140 Brand new in box.
I met up with the guy to purchase.
Box looked really nice, packaging intact, and had good heft. What I found off was the wrap went over the hanger loop.

First thing I noticed is the case was not leather and had minimal crackle stamping. the hinge felt flimsy upon operation.
The cord on the case was not braided but more like round leather shoestring.
The fittings came in 3 separate bags and comply buds were a different texture than what I’ve seen in reviews.
What made me not get the E8s was that the B&O app could not find the device. Given that I needed the EQ for these bad boys there was no way I would purchase these without that operation.
The touch function worked great, the buds did not feel cheap or flimsy. Only the accessories that came with it. I have never tried an in-store pair but these fake pair had a great sound stage. Do you guys think there were refurbished pairs and had ****ty cases?
I just couldn’t bring myself to buying them.

The case is deffinately leather and the strap is a flat elasticated thing that fits nicely around the case to keep it securely closed. My case does not in any way feel flimsy and the hinge is still nice and tight after more than a years use

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #420 of 581
I’d say we are now in fake E8 land. Only a matter of time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back