Beoplay E8
Nov 26, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #421 of 581
Found an awesome deal on “offer up”
for $140 Brand new in box.
I met up with the guy to purchase.
Box looked really nice, packaging intact, and had good heft. What I found off was the wrap went over the hanger loop.

First thing I noticed is the case was not leather and had minimal crackle stamping. the hinge felt flimsy upon operation.
The cord on the case was not braided but more like round leather shoestring.
The fittings came in 3 separate bags and comply buds were a different texture than what I’ve seen in reviews.
What made me not get the E8s was that the B&O app could not find the device. Given that I needed the EQ for these bad boys there was no way I would purchase these without that operation.
The touch function worked great, the buds did not feel cheap or flimsy. Only the accessories that came with it. I have never tried an in-store pair but these fake pair had a great sound stage. Do you guys think there were refurbished pairs and had ****ty cases?
I just couldn’t bring myself to buying them.
To connect with app try first unpairing your E8 from the phone. Then go directly into the app and trying connecting without it paired first.

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #422 of 581
Despite what people are saying I think the B&O E8s will Be superior (sound-wise) to Bose Soundsport Free (TW)

Would you say $199 is worth it for the E8s?

I tried getting them locally after making up my mind and they sold out. 5 Best Buy’s in my area do. It have them , nearest one is a 35min drive

I upped my budget from $75>$159>$169> $199

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #423 of 581
Despite what people are saying I think the B&O E8s will Be superior (sound-wise) to Bose Soundsport Free (TW)

Would you say $199 is worth it for the E8s?

I tried getting them locally after making up my mind and they sold out. 5 Best Buy’s in my area do. It have them , nearest one is a 35min drive

I upped my budget from $75>$159>$169> $199

If you can get hold of them try the Havit G1, you get very close to the E8 for $60.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #424 of 581
If you can get hold of them try the Havit G1, you get very close to the E8 for $60.

Thanks for the suggestion, I see the havit also uses bt5.0 ... I’ll check em out. Does it have EQ also? What sold me is that I could make it a little warm if needed.

I wanted to buy a used pair for $175 but (sand) but he didn’t have receipt. All the sites that had them for $100 off now only have a 20% ($59.xx) discount. Glad I pulled trigger on Amazon for 199.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #425 of 581
Thanks for the suggestion, I see the havit also uses bt5.0 ... I’ll check em out. Does it have EQ also? What sold me is that I could make it a little warm if needed.

I wanted to buy a used pair for $175 but (sand) but he didn’t have receipt. All the sites that had them for $100 off now only have a 20% ($59.xx) discount. Glad I pulled trigger on Amazon for 199.

This is what I wrote in the wireless thread.

I have now exclusively used the Havit G1 for 2 weeks after having had the Beoplay E8 for over a year since the day they were released. Have not tried any other true wireless iem’s.

Build quality seems to be about a draw although I wont really know how the G1 stand up until having used them for a year. G1 is ipx5 whereas E8 is unrated but described as splash proof.

Battery life on a charge is about equal at roughly 4 hours but the G1 case holds more charges than the E8 case. The G1 case is smaller but more square.

Fit and comfort are fine for me on both but the G1 is probably more secure with vigorous activity due to the finns.

Mic and call quality is about equal and not stellar but good enough for my use. The G1 only does calls in the right ear but E8 in both.

I much prefer the touch control on the E8 ti the single button on the G1. Can’t do volume on the G1.

I miss the transparency mode on the G1 that the E8 has.

Isolation is about equal but with the E8 marginally better.

The G1 connection is rock solid, have not had a single drop out in 2 weeks. E8 has random very short left unit drop outs though not enough to really bother me. G1 is bt5, E8 is bt42.

There is no app, eq or fw update for the G1.

The E8 probably has the slightly better SQ but in normal ambient noise environment I don’t really notice any difference. Both are good enough for me out and about.

No noticeable video lag on either.

All this using an iPhone 8 with on board 320kb aac music files, YouTube videos and iTunes movies.

The E8 cost about 4 times as much.

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #426 of 581
This is what I wrote in the wireless thread.

I have now exclusively used the Havit G1 for 2 weeks after having had the Beoplay E8 for over a year since the day they were released. Have not tried any other true wireless iem’s.

Build quality seems to be about a draw although I wont really know how the G1 stand up until having used them for a year. G1 is ipx5 whereas E8 is unrated but described as splash proof.

Battery life on a charge is about equal at roughly 4 hours but the G1 case holds more charges than the E8 case. The G1 case is smaller but more square.

Fit and comfort are fine for me on both but the G1 is probably more secure with vigorous activity due to the finns.

Mic and call quality is about equal and not stellar but good enough for my use. The G1 only does calls in the right ear but E8 in both.

I much prefer the touch control on the E8 ti the single button on the G1. Can’t do volume on the G1.

I miss the transparency mode on the G1 that the E8 has.

Isolation is about equal but with the E8 marginally better.

The G1 connection is rock solid, have not had a single drop out in 2 weeks. E8 has random very short left unit drop outs though not enough to really bother me. G1 is bt5, E8 is bt42.

There is no app, eq or fw update for the G1.

The E8 probably has the slightly better SQ but in normal ambient noise environment I don’t really notice any difference. Both are good enough for me out and about.

No noticeable video lag on either.

All this using an iPhone 8 with on board 320kb aac music files, YouTube videos and iTunes movies.

The E8 cost about 4 times as much.

Nice ! Have to try a pair out. The water rating and the charge alone might make me switch.
Lowest I found the Havits were 69-79 dollars. I’m in the US and on Amazon they hiked the price up to 109.

Nov 27, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #427 of 581
Nice ! Have to try a pair out. The water rating and the charge alone might make me switch.
Lowest I found the Havits were 69-79 dollars. I’m in the US and on Amazon they hiked the price up to 109.

I got them on offer from banggood for $60 including shipping to Denmark. For a few hours on Friday they were lightning deal on Amazon.de for about $40

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #429 of 581
How does SpinFits sizing compare to the standard silicon tips that come with the e8's?

Im too stingy to order multiple sizes lol

I use the large. I’m not sure it is actually larger than the stock large tip but it is less flimsy so holds the bud better in the ear, the stock tip was too loose for me

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #430 of 581
I have yet to try the Spinfits. I tried the ones from Hungary (forget their name) and currently use Comply foam isolation.

How are the Spinfits for isolation - comparable to the Comply? I somewhat like the idea of silicon instead of foam.

Are there different versions of Spinfits or just a specific one made to fit the particular make of earbud?

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #431 of 581
I have yet to try the Spinfits. I tried the ones from Hungary (forget their name) and currently use Comply foam isolation.

How are the Spinfits for isolation - comparable to the Comply? I somewhat like the idea of silicon instead of foam.

Are there different versions of Spinfits or just a specific one made to fit the particular make of earbud?

Generally foam will isolate better than silicone. I think there are 2 different SpitFits (different bore diameter)

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #432 of 581
Now Spinfits seem to indicate that the CP100 - "Z" model is appropriate for the E8
When I looked a few months ago I seem to recall that this model number did not exist

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #433 of 581
Now Spinfits seem to indicate that the CP100 - "Z" model is appropriate for the E8
When I looked a few months ago I seem to recall that this model number did not exist

I’ve been using large SpinFit on mine since the day I got the E8

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #435 of 581
so I got my hands on a legit pair.

Gonna give this a try for a couple weeks.
I was debabting whether I should upgrade my vmoda CFWireless1. Battery went out and I was going to trade them in and upgrade to the CFW2codex ... or I can replace the battery and buy a pair of true wireless buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back