Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance?
Sep 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #181 of 444
I agree, those 545s are gorgeous. I'm 18 and I would not hesitate to wear them outside. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #182 of 444
dude... That's a sexy pair of cans. Aight how about this then?
akg-y45-bt-bluetooth.jpg

I actually don't Like On-ears with cups like those imo. They do look ok though 

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #184 of 444
  The Beats Solo 2 sounded great (especially for the price) to my ears when I demoed them at my local Targé (fancy way to say Target).

"Target, uh uh! Targét!"

I will give the Solo 2's a fair chance (I've always given Beats a fair chance).

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #185 of 444
  "Target, uh uh! Targét!"

I will give the Solo 2's a fair chance (I've always given Beats a fair chance).

You are very late to the party buddy.  I was corrected twice from two different people (with two different spellings), so now if anyone wants to correct me... any way you write it/type it is okay - just check out urbandictionary.  Even they do not have exactly one way to spell it.  Good try though.

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #186 of 444
  You are very late to the party buddy.  I was corrected twice from two different people (with two different spellings), so now if anyone wants to correct me... any way you write it/type it is okay - just check out urbandictionary.  Even they do not have exactly one way to spell it.  Good try though.

Yeah, I realized as much. I just know that half the letters (exaggeration) in French words are silent, and 'T' is one of those. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #187 of 444
  Yeah, I realized as much. I just know that half the letters (exaggeration) in French words are silent, and 'T' is one of those. 

That may very well be true, and then I had someone go all Frenchy on me...anyways, there is absolutely no way to write the word, as it is not in any official dictionary (yet), so that is why you will see umpteen iterations of the word.  It is only a fancy way to say Target.  The word is not even officially French, so that complicates "true" spellings even more!  The spellings Targay, Targée, Targé, Tarshay, are all "correct" as long as you convey the meaning correctly/effectively - until there is an official way to spell it.

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #188 of 444

That may very well be true, and then I had someone go all Frenchy on me...anyways, there is absolutely no way to write the word, as it is not in any official dictionary (yet), so that is why you will see umpteen iterations of the word.  It is only a fancy way to say Target.  The word is not even officially French, so that complicates "true" spellings even more!  The spellings Targay, Targée, Targé, Tarshay, are all "correct" as long as you convey the meaning correctly/effectively - until there is an official way to spell it.

In the context of it being a "French" pronunciation of the department store name "Target", I think "Targét" seems to be the most appropriate spelling. But that's just me. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #189 of 444
In the context of it being a "French" pronunciation of the department store name "Target", I think "Targét" seems to be the most appropriate spelling. But that's just me. 

And that is correct to you. But that specific spelling was not used when another Frenchy person was trying to "correct" me. It doesn't even matter because the word is not officially French, or any language, for that matter.

Anyways, back on topic, it would be cool to get some new Beats in a custom Ferrari Gold Chrome color. Maybe when I'm in the market for some over-ears I'll look into it...possibly.

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #190 of 444

Anyways, back on topic, it would be cool to get some new Beats in a custom Ferrari Gold Chrome color. Maybe when I'm in the market for some over-ears I'll look into it...possibly.

Ferrari Gold Chrome? What color is that? Like with a Ferrari logo, or the color of one of their cars? The Solo 2s are on-ear, by the way. So if you're in the market for some on-ears, it's a good opportunity to do so!

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #191 of 444
Ferrari Gold Chrome? What color is that? Like with a Ferrari logo, or the color of one of their cars? The Solo 2s are on-ear, by the way. So if you're in the market for some on-ears, it's a good opportunity to do so!
Ferrari you say?
Ferrari-Headphones-914x1024.jpg
1.jpg
cavalleno_2311655b.jpg

Ferrari-P200-headphones.jpg

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #192 of 444

Ferrari you say?
Ferrari-Headphones-914x1024.jpg
1.jpg
cavalleno_2311655b.jpg

Ferrari-P200-headphones.jpg

The first three look amazing! They easily made it on my "looks better than Beats" list. The last one though looks like something that a pit crew would wear. Too industrial for my liking.

Beats-by-Dr-Dre-Studio-Headphones-Ferrari-YellowRed_2.jpg
Beats-By-Dre-Studio-Lamborghini-High-Definition-Powered-Isolation-Headphones-Limited-Edition-Yellow.jpg

*cringe*

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #193 of 444

I am fully aware that Solo 2's are on-ear, it was not a typo on my part.

I said Ferrari Gold Chrome because I posted a picture of a Ferrari Gold Chrome car that I saw a few weeks ago, saying that I would love to have some Beats that were the exact same color, if I was in the market for headphones.

In case you did not read the post/see the picture in this very thread (I assume you did not because of the questions you asked) here is the car:

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #195 of 444

Very nice. I would want one that isn't the Monster version though (I understand that one is just for reference), and would want one that is fully Ferrari Chrome Gold - the Solo 2s shouldn't have a problem with becoming fully that color (save for the padding of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back