Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair chance?
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #196 of 444
Yeah, I mean I know they'll do custom models if the price is right, but I don't know if we'll ever see that many colors for the Solo2s. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #197 of 444
Oh, I wasn't expecting Beats to come out with that color, this would only be a custom option, in my mind. If they did have one in this color, it would probably be a limited edition color anyways (kind of like what Lil Wayne has done) and would be an excuse to charge an exorbitant price for said headphone, when it would be better just to go with a custom company to create the masterpiece. :bigsmile_face:

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #198 of 444

Very nice. I would want one that isn't the Monster version though (I understand that one is just for reference), and would want one that is fully Ferrari Chrome Gold - the Solo 2s shouldn't have a problem with becoming fully that color (save for the padding of course).

Yeah, they look pretty nice! The ones pictured are "24K gold plated" replicas, though. I bought similar "Electroplated gold" Studios (complete with white interior and cushions) from AliExpress for $50, and they're so shiny that I never use them. They're just lying around the house.

IyBSpss.jpg

Oh, I wasn't expecting Beats to come out with that color, this would only be a custom option, in my mind. If they did have one in this color, it would probably be a limited edition color anyways (kind of like what Lil Wayne has done) and would be an excuse to charge an exorbitant price for said headphone, when it would be better just to go with a custom company to create the masterpiece.
bigsmile_face.gif

Having that kind of chrome gold color seems a bit too ostentatious, even for Beats. Your best chance would be to Colorware them.

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #199 of 444
Meh, I'm not about be be all excited about beats being "comparable to other headphones in its price range". You'd think one of if not the wealthiest headphone company (Apple) would be able to create something that does more than give other brands a fair chance at being better. If anything, I still think Beats should be forgotten and paid no mind to until they come up with something worth noticing.

Actually, I have a feeling we might see a lot of Blue's new headphone designs "borrowed" in apple's next line. Since their headphones seem to be the most innovative pair of cans in a long while.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #200 of 444
...Having that kind of chrome gold color seems a bit too ostentatious, even for Beats. Your best chance would be to Colorware them.

I could care less if they look ostentatious, and in some way, is how I want it, as if I would purchase Beats, I would do it with a bang! You are discussing this to a person who just purchased two G-Shocks in two different gold variations (Rose and Goldenrod [Crayola Color]). As for where to get the custom work done, I would go to the place that was the best at the time I wanted the service done. Don't worry, I would have it handled, when I wanted.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #201 of 444

...Having that kind of chrome gold color seems a bit too ostentatious, even for Beats. Your best chance would be to Colorware them.

I could care less if they look ostentatious, and in some way, is how I want it, as if I would purchase Beats, I would do it with a bang! You are discussing this to a person who just purchased two G-Shocks in two different gold variations (Rose and Goldenrod [Crayola Color]). As for where to get the custom work done, I would go to the place that was the best at the time I wanted the service done. Don't worry, I would have it handled, when I wanted.

No, I meant that it doesn't seem characteristic of Beats to release the color themselves (even as a limited edition), so a custom coloring company would be the only way to get that color. I'm guessing the G-Shocks were available for purchase already with those color options, so that's a different story entirely.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #202 of 444
No, I meant that it doesn't seem characteristic of Beats to release the color themselves (even as a limited edition), so a custom coloring company would be the only way to get that color. I'm guessing the G-Shocks were available for purchase already with those color options, so that's a different story entirely.

You misinterpreted the point I was attempting to make. I talked about the G-Shocks in reference to your comment about the gold color being too ostentatious, not because of their ability or inability to be purchased right of the bat with the gold/gold chrome color. I am saying in response to your comment that I really do not care how people feel about a color that I may or may not want to purchase/design with a third party company. If people like the color, great, if they don't, also great. I like a little bit of vibrance from time to time.

You can PM me if you have any more discrepancies if you want to discuss this further.

Anyways...I'm looking forward to hearing the newer Beats that are coming out, especially the ones that have the Lightning connector as well.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #203 of 444
I know what you're thinking… not again?? Since I'm one of the "Frenchy", I just want to add my two cents for, may be, closing the debate.

Quote:
  Yeah, I realized as much. I just know that half the letters (exaggeration) in French words are silent, and 'T' is one of those. 

Half-true, because we don't say "hargé". It is silent in, say, "regret" (regrè), where the "T" is at the end.

That may very well be true, and then I had someone go all Frenchy on me...anyways, there is absolutely no way to write the word, as it is not in any official dictionary (yet), so that is why you will see umpteen iterations of the word.  It is only a fancy way to say Target.  The word is not even officially French, so that complicates "true" spellings even more!  The spellings Targay, Targée, Targé, Tarshay, are all "correct" as long as you convey the meaning correctly/effectively - until there is an official way to spell it.

I was mostly kidding on you, my friend. But it is right that this isn't a French word. Since this is the name of a company, we actually pronounce "Target", as you do. I'm sure you pronounce the Italian noun Ferrari the same as I do too: "fe.ra.ri". Your point, I think, by putting an accent on the "e" was to bring the word in the likes of "cliché", "décor", etc. And, yeah, that could be fancy.
If you really want to say "Target" in French : taʁ./ɡɛt
Finally, please know that I envy you all, because French is so much complicated for… absolutely nothing! I won't try to correct you anymore, because if you'd want, I'm sure you could have a lot of occasions to correct me 
tongue_smile.gif

Funny video though!

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #204 of 444

You misinterpreted the point I was attempting to make. I talked about the G-Shocks in reference to your comment about the gold color being too ostentatious, not because of their ability or inability to be purchased right of the bat with the gold/gold chrome color. I am saying in response to your comment that I really do not care how people feel about a color that I may or may not want to purchase/design with a third party company. If people like the color, great, if they don't, also great. I like a little bit of vibrance from time to time.

I'm thinking you think I think chrome gold is too ostentatious as a personal preference. I myself don't think the color is too ostentatious, I think it's so shiny that whenever they're handled it gets covered in fingerprints.

I was saying that it doesn't seem likely that Beats would release it as an official limited edition, so custom would be the only way to go. It was a reply to this:
...If they did have one in this color, it would probably be a limited edition color anyways (kind of like what Lil Wayne has done)...

As opposed to the G-Shocks, which were already available in gold. It wasn't an expression whether I care if you care how I thought of that color. It didn't have anything to do with availability off the bat, either.

Just to be clear, I don't disapprove your personal preference. I respect everyone's right to their own likings. I must've given the wrong impression, so sorry if I did.

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #205 of 444
Half-true, because we don't say "hargé". It is silent in, say, "regret" (regrè), where the "T" is at the end.

I was mostly kidding on you, my friend. But it is right that this isn't a French word. Since this is the name of a company, we actually pronounce "Target", as you do. I'm sure you pronounce the Italian noun Ferrari the same as I do too: "fe.ra.ri". Your point, I think, by putting an accent on the "e" was to bring the word in the likes of "cliché", "décor", etc. And, yeah, that could be fancy.
If you really want to say "Target" in French : taʁ.
/ɡɛt
Finally, please know that I envy you all, because French is so much complicated for… absolutely nothing! I won't try to correct you anymore, because if you'd want, I'm sure you could have a lot of occasions to correct me :tongue_smile:

Funny video though!

Once I saw your username, I thought "oh goodness, not again!" Haha. No worries at all. But as I have stated before, what you said is right. What anybody else says is right. What I say is most definitely right. :wink: As long as the written/typed word is conveyed in a manner that people understand, especially because the word has no official language, has no official spelling and is only a word to explain that Target is, can be and is joked around to be a fancy department store - nothing more, and nothing less, then it is all good. Hopefully this closes the debate/discussion/whatever you or anyone else wants to call it. We will see. :bigsmile_face:

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #206 of 444
Did you guys just seriously spend all that time arguing about the completely in-jest pronunciation of Target as "tar-zhay"? 

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #207 of 444
Sep 17, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #209 of 444
  Did you guys just seriously spend all that time arguing about the completely in-jest pronunciation of Target as "tar-zhay"? 

Yes. It was not worth it.

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #210 of 444
The first three look amazing! They easily made it on my "looks better than Beats" list. The last one though looks like something that a pit crew would wear. Too industrial for my liking.

Beats-by-Dr-Dre-Studio-Headphones-Ferrari-YellowRed_2.jpg

Beats-By-Dre-Studio-Lamborghini-High-Definition-Powered-Isolation-Headphones-Limited-Edition-Yellow.jpg

*cringe*
those were legit headphones too. Take a look. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A24W6KG?cache=bb85e2f51e5003908597ac0d30586179&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1410974819&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AVJCVH0?cache=bb85e2f51e5003908597ac0d30586179&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1410974878&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CBX27NW?cache=bb85e2f51e5003908597ac0d30586179&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1410974899&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2
EDIT: The two over ears are ANC... Dont know how you'd take em apart to disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back