Beats Pro vs Studio help
Apr 23, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #18 of 99
It's very poor of some of you guys to be so disrespectful to a new member. Suggesting that he is a troll is inappropriate as well. If you had the slightest bit of sense, you could click on his username and view his previous posts, which would show you that he was searing beforehand for IEMs. That he screwed up and forgot to turn off caps lock once is not the end of the world.  Suggesting that I should lock a newbies thread because of the actions of others is just as bad. I've removed a bunch of posts now. Please only post here if you have a useful suggestion for the guy and not otherwise. This goes for any other thread too.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #20 of 99
Where are you going to be using your headphones? Home, on the go, on the computer, off an ipod? All these things will helps us in figuring out what would suit you best.

We're actually trying to help you. Don't throw your money on hyped up and overpriced Beats. They are expensive because Monster tends to overprice most of their products as a false sense of high quality, and because typical consumers are absolute morons that don't do their homework. You can have much better for half the price.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #21 of 99
It's very poor of some of you guys to be so disrespectful to a new member. Suggesting that he is a troll is inappropriate as well. If you had the slightest bit of sense, you could click on his username and view his previous posts, which would show you that he was searing beforehand for IEMs. That he screwed up and forgot to turn off caps lock once is not the end of the world.  Suggesting that I should lock a newbies thread because of the actions of others is just as bad. I've removed a bunch of posts now. Please only post here if you have a useful suggestion for the guy and not otherwise. This goes for any other thread too.

Aww, does that mean I can't bust out this picture?

If he's been around here for a while, I'm surprised he would even ask. A quick search shows that this isn't the place to ask about Beats. If the OP were open to alternatives, I would be happy to help.

If you really like bass, check out the Denon D2000 and D5000. They have gobs of bass. The DT770 also has a reasonable amount of bass, though they're not incredibly bass-centric.

Ultrasones tend to be on the bassy side, but they just don't suit me. I don't like their sound, so I won't recommend them.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #23 of 99
Seriously, an XB700 will have you grinning from ear to ear. All for $80. Pair it with an amp, and you'll have a serious bang for buck Beats killer.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #24 of 99

Quote:

aw, we were just having fun

hopefully he realizes we are not so serious

:D

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #25 of 99
thanks for you help. i am a bass guy and i have heard the beats studio and their bass are strong but since i am a bass guy im just wondering if the beats pro would have more bass. i will be using it with my ipod and i listen to alot of hip hops so please help me with this and please tell me if the pros have more bass than the studios.

i received my shure se535 yesterday and i've listened to it for 20 mins and im finding that they are lacking bass but the sound is really clear but i am a bass guy so i had to return them.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #26 of 99

Quote:
thanks for you help. i am a bass guy and i have heard the beats studio and their bass are strong but since i am a bass guy im just wondering if the beats pro would have more bass. i will be using it with my ipod and i listen to alot of hip hops so please help me with this and please tell me if the pros have more bass than the studios.

i received my shure se535 yesterday and i've listened to it for 20 mins and im finding that they are lacking bass but the sound is really clear but i am a bass guy so i had to return them.

Hey man, not trying to be mean but I don't think you're getting the picture. We're trying to let you know that there is no reason to spend that kind of money for those headphones. You can get the same bass with different headphones at a much lower price. Just give us some details about price range, where you'll be using them, amp or no amp, etc. With that we can give you some more suggestions. There were already a few good suggestions given also.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #27 of 99
For the bass-conscious, you can get the M50---

Nah I'm just kidding. M50's bass is way lacking for any serious basshead.

Try the Ultrasone models, or if you have a tigher budget, go for the Sony XB series. Should have enough thump.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #28 of 99

Quote:
For the bass-conscious, you can get the M50---

Nah I'm just kidding. M50's bass is way lacking for any serious basshead.

Try the Ultrasone models, or if you have a tigher budget, go for the Sony XB series. Should have enough thump.

Hahaha after reading the first line, I really felt like cyber-slapping you
tongue.gif
. I can't stand the outbreak of people recommending those to anyone and everyone.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #29 of 99
Isn't that a bit early to be making a decision? Although you listened to it, most high end headphones require a burn in time. Sometimes you find that you like the sound in the end because it grows on you, i would suggest the next time you try headphones, at least let it burn in for a substantial amount of time. 20 minutes is way to little to be making a decision right away. If all you need is the first 20 minutes than I'm sure you came to the wrong place because most people here are patient when it comes to spending 400 dollars on headphones. That wait is long and i know you might hate it like i do but in actuality, the payoff is quiet worth it. And did you want earphones or headphones? The shures are earphones and you're saying that you want headphones now. Anyways, im sure the Ultrasone 900 fits your needs, but if you need more convincing i'm sure that if you type "head-fi best bass headphones", then you'll find a bunch of previous links that people have posted. Good luck in finding that bassy headphone, for me i prefer clarity over bass but everyone is different

Quote:

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #30 of 99
Jesus. With the money you have for the Beats Pro....

XB700 - $80
XB500 - $50
Pro 900 - $320-350
Denon D2000 - $250 or so
Denon D5000 - $350-500
DT770 Pro 80 - $200 or so

All bassy cans with different sorts of bass.

If you still wanna throw your money away, then get the Beats, since it seems thats what you're aiming for and don't seem to wanna consider our recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back