Bass IMPACT!!!!!! Thats all I ever asked for in life :(
Jul 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #16 of 621
Well, since you say they don't have to be UNDER 300, then I would strongly suggest the Edition 8.  2 finely tuned subwoofers sitting right on your ears!!! 
L3000.gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 621
Most bass period:  Sony XB700s  Better than nothing otherwise, but not great.

If you want the rest of spectrum to be up to snuff as well, I'd recommend a Cowon DAP (for the Mach3 bass boost), a decent amp (could be portable), and some bassy headphones with other good qualities like the hfi 580s, M50s, or D2000s.  Turn up the M3B, turn down the volume on the player (so it doesn't clip), and crank the volume on the amp.

My D2+ and total bithead could make the ratcheting sliders on the D2000s rattle like loose body panels on a boom car.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #19 of 621

Quote:
Hfi 580 has far more potential for bass punch. When machbass setting on my cowon s9 is maxed out, id say there is aabout 50% more bass impact. That isnt really an exaggeration. The bass impact may be even double. When not EQed, the bass wont really rumble your head. But 580 is definitely a basshead's headphone

The ED9 have even more bass punch, but just in a different class

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #22 of 621
Any headphone with an EQ curve. Foobar is great with this. I like these with my Z700's.

10db-    -
               -
                  -
                      -
                              -
0db-                                -       -      -      -       -         -                                 

Jul 9, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #25 of 621
M Audio Studiophile Q40...

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #29 of 621

Quote:
My fellow Head-Fiers, lets see how many of you can pay attention to the actual question.....

I've been using the etymotic 4p/s headphones for quite some time and enjoy the sound quality very much (unamped)

BUT I've listen to the Beats by Dre studio headphones on many occasions and even tho I hate the overall sound quality of the phones I must say that impact of the bass and being able to actually "feel" a kick drum or bassline is something I like alot about them. But we all know here on the forum that its not enough to justify the $300.

I need recommendations (or past threads) on cans that will help me find the middle ground between these 2 headphones.

They dont HAVE to be iems

They dont HAVE to be under $300 

I just want headphones that will keep me happy.

Thanx

I was in the same situation as you. I just NEED that BOOM BOOM rockin` my head off. Honestly, I LOVE my Sony XB700's but, only when it's paired up with my iQube amp. Without the amp you still get that BOOM BOOM but, I HIGHLY recommend you get the amp. The sound quality jumps 100x with the amp. You wont be dissappointed. Ever since I got these, I never looked back. I use to have the Ultrasone pro 900's and these are better by far IMO. Total new would cost you about $600 (XB700and iQube). I'm pretty sure if I hadn't bought these I would still be looking for BASSHEADphones.

Jul 11, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #30 of 621

Quote:

I was in the same situation as you. I just NEED that BOOM BOOM rockin` my head off. Honestly, I LOVE my Sony XB700's but, only when it's paired up with my iQube amp. Without the amp you still get that BOOM BOOM but, I HIGHLY recommend you get the amp. The sound quality jumps 100x with the amp. You wont be dissappointed. Ever since I got these, I never looked back. I use to have the Ultrasone pro 900's and these are better by far IMO. Total new would cost you about $600 (XB700and iQube). I'm pretty sure if I hadn't bought these I would still be looking for BASSHEADphones.

you thought XB700s are better than ultrasone Pro 900s? that's a bold statement. my experience is that xb700s just were not HiFi by any means, even with an amp... Though, I have not tried an iQube with it, but an Ibasso D10... I will have to get my Pro 900s and see what I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back