Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
May 11, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #932 of 2,875
  Can confirm that the IHP35 ADL doesn't fit gen1 or gen2 - had to send it back :frowning2:
Would love to know a good cable I can order that will fit if anyone can help please?

You have different version of of IHP35_. There is 17 version of IHP35_. you have original IHP35, not ADL iHP-35L or ADL iHP-35B I mentioned.
See link below.
http://www.adl-av.com/products/cables/headphone/

May 11, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #933 of 2,875
To sum up, what is the best replacement cable for the v1 under $50?
We are giving 200€ for a headphone but it still needs cable improvement for giving it best. This makes me angry. Am I the only one?

May 11, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #935 of 2,875
That is the version 2, and youre right it was confirmed a while back that it wont fit, but "supposedly" the ihp-35l does fit, at least in the v1 they say it does.

You have different version of of IHP35_. There is 17 version of IHP35_. you have original IHP35, not ADL iHP-35L or ADL iHP-35B I mentioned.
See link below.
http://www.adl-av.com/products/cables/headphone/

This version definitely does not fit: 

And this version definitely does fit (I use it with my H6) :

May 11, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #937 of 2,875
The version you say fits for sure, is it for v1 or v2? Have you noticed any improvements in sound quality over the original cable?

I`m pretty sure mine is V1.  I never actually used the rubbery stock B&O cable, so can`t comment on the sound of the ADL, but the super-low profile 90deg jack is great for pocketing DAPs. 

May 11, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #938 of 2,875
I have cables that increase the volume over the stock cable. Not audiophile quality cables like the other one posted, but nevertheless, there is still an improvement. However, if you need to use the phone capability, maybe the stock cable is best for you. The microphone can come in handy. If you do not, then you can replace with better cables.

May 11, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #939 of 2,875
Apart from the build quality, what'should wrong with the original cable? Would replacing it increase sound quality?
From what I heard it increases sound quality. The ADL iHP-35L seems to be priced over 100$. I should go with the stock one I guess. Im not an audiophile or something, giving 100$ for just a cable is too much for me.

May 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #940 of 2,875
Apart from the build quality, what'should wrong with the original cable? Would replacing it increase sound quality?

Super subjective. I swear I hear better sound with the vModa replacement cable. I also believe those who tell me that's scientifically impossible. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

May 11, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #941 of 2,875
To sum up, what is the best replacement cable for the v1 under $50?
We are giving 200€ for a headphone but it still needs cable improvement for giving it best. This makes me angry. Am I the only one?

Best: Vmoda audio only cable
http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/

Some say cable improvement is "needed." Others swear new cable does NOTHING to improve the sound. Plenty of people spend far more than 200€ on headphones only to spend more money modding them. Everything is subjective. 

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

May 11, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #942 of 2,875
I bought the vmoda cable since it was cheap and worth testing, I was immediately able to tell a difference between the two cables, there is definately a volume difference, but I am not sure if my ears can tell other improvements.

I also bought the vmoda cable with the built in mic, I have not tested it against the other two cables to see what the differences are yet.

May 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #943 of 2,875
  I bought the vmoda cable since it was cheap and worth testing,

This is exactly why it's the best cable, IMO. Cheap enough to be worth the risk. Cheap enough to offer a great chance of perceived ROI. Cheap enough to not be a $150 cable for a $300 pair of cans. If that's your thing, cool. But to me, that doesn't quite make sense. But hey, it's all about the 
beyersmile.png
 however you get there!

May 11, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #945 of 2,875
  I bought the vmoda cable since it was cheap and worth testing, I was immediately able to tell a difference between the two cables, there is definately a volume difference, but I am not sure if my ears can tell other improvements.

I also bought the vmoda cable with the built in mic, I have not tested it against the other two cables to see what the differences are yet.

So which cables' volume is louder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back